Since: Dec 08

Douglasville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Does anyone know the real story about the dislike between these 2? I have never had any dealings with Thompson but my paths have crossed Whisenant (nothing criminal) and he has always been kind and extremely helpful. I heard that Mickey is booting him out and just curious what Mickey's problem is.

Since: Apr 08

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

I have no idea. I have been around Joe many times (he patronized a company I worked for) and he was always such a nice guy. I know things can be different when someone is at work, but I just never got a bad vibe about him. My spouse is in law enforcement, so I have been around plenty of cops!
Would love to hear if anyone has any info!
jeremy hale

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Why don't they just ask the ones they are talking about.
No Comment

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Judged:

In My opinion;

I know there was some behind the scene issues that the MAYOR FOUND OUT ABOUT concerning the construction / building of the new Jail.

Also, the behind the scene issues, caused the lawsuits.

Politics are alive and well :)
informer

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Judged:

Maybe he found out he was not getting as big a cut of the corruption money, probably.
oh my gosh

Jackson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

thompson dont care about anyone but himself. he doesnt care what happens to this county or the police department. if it doesnt help him he he could care less. one of the city council has asked thompson to step down as mayor so i hope someone runs for mayor and beats him.
No Comment

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Judged:

Mickey is a fine man. Joe is a Fine man.

Douglasville needs good people running our government.

It just needs to be brought out by those two in a face to face (PRIVATE) meeting and discuss how this can be resolved for the betterment of the citizens.

It is about the citizens- right?

Hope this helps

“Wess12”

Douglasville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

oh my gosh wrote:
thompson dont care about anyone but himself. he doesnt care what happens to this county or the police department. if it doesnt help him he he could care less. one of the city council has asked thompson to step down as mayor so i hope someone runs for mayor and beats him.
O, I hope Quarterman doesnt find out about this.....
No Comment

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

From Today's Sentinel:

"The Douglasville City Council today at 8:30 a.m. will hold a special called meeting in the Council Chambers to vote on an agreement with Joe Whisenant, providing for post�--retirement consulting services and other personnel matters regarding his retirement as city of Douglasville Police Chief.

Whisenant has been police chief in Douglasville for over 25 years.

In other business, City Manager Bill Osborne will report on interim plans for how the Douglasville Police Department will operate following Whisenant’s retirement.
When an appointed official like Whisenant retires, Thompson said, he is confident a qualified successor can be put in place on an interim basis because all city departments have a “good succession plan” in place.

hmmmm

“Wess12”

Douglasville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

No Comment wrote:
From Today's Sentinel:
"The Douglasville City Council today at 8:30 a.m. will hold a special called meeting in the Council Chambers to vote on an agreement with Joe Whisenant, providing for post�--retirement consulting services and other personnel matters regarding his retirement as city of Douglasville Police Chief.
Whisenant has been police chief in Douglasville for over 25 years.
In other business, City Manager Bill Osborne will report on interim plans for how the Douglasville Police Department will operate following Whisenant’s retirement.
When an appointed official like Whisenant retires, Thompson said, he is confident a qualified successor can be put in place on an interim basis because all city departments have a “good succession plan” in place.
hmmmm
There is more to this story.......gotta be.

Since: Oct 08

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Mickey's a crook.
Educated Georgian

Braselton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

ANON ME wrote:
Mickey's a crook.
Pretty strong comment about this man. What proof do you have that this is true?

Surely you wouldn't post a comment this inflammatory without having documented evidence that you can share with the topix community.

Since: Oct 08

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2009

Judged:

Educated Georgian wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty strong comment about this man. What proof do you have that this is true?
Surely you wouldn't post a comment this inflammatory without having documented evidence that you can share with the topix community.
He's a politician....he gets that all the time. Besides, he's a crook. He's got his hands in a lot of pockets and he's got a lot of friends in strong places. He uses those friends to do bad things to nice people. That's as far as I can go with my comment.
douglasville

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Judged:

Mickey Thompson is scum! I hope he does not expect to be re-elected after all this...
concerned

Bremen, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Joe retired. Womack is new chief
Annonymous

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2009

DPD lost a good police cheif and I will keep my comments about the mayor to myself...if you can't say anything nice....

Since: Nov 08

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2009

The troubles between Joe and Mickey started when Mickey was a city councilman. Personality conflicts, Joe is and has never been a yes man and Mickey didn't like that. Then the troubles grew when Mickey ran against Doug Leguire for Mayor. Most of the Police and City employees backed Leguire. There were even officers that would bring their personal vehicles to work with Liguire signs in the bed of the truck. Mickey found offense to this and decided to take it out on Joe.
Joe the Plunger

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2009

Mr. Joe lost "misplaced" $6000 in cash. I thought that was bad enough, now it looks like the city has lost another $100k. I guess JW will be Bill Osburne's right hand man. It time Joe moves on before ..it hits the fan.

Since: Nov 08

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2009

What is your source of information? You can't be too much in the loop of information considering Joe has been off of duty for about a month now. Also we already have a new chief of police.
tick

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2009

Joe received a package he couldn't turn down and I mean he had not much of a choice he will be still around just to be around nothing else.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Douglasville Forum right now

Search the Douglasville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
To Douglasville Police Employees 4 hr Shane G photographer 7
Mayor met with DVPD 5 hr Nelms 60
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 5 hr jeb stuart 49,602
Who will you support for Sheriff in 2016? 6 hr PDrep 9
Heating and A/C repair (Jun '11) 8 hr Jimmy 15
Mayor Harvey Persons is a Cancer for the City o... 13 hr Officers wife 5
Mayor, you and Bill police "your" city 14 hr done 3
•••
•••

Douglasville News Video

•••
Douglasville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••