question about Mayor Mickey Thompson ...

question about Mayor Mickey Thompson and Joe Whisenant

Posted in the Douglasville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Wess12”

Since: Dec 08

Douglasville

#1 Apr 24, 2009
Does anyone know the real story about the dislike between these 2? I have never had any dealings with Thompson but my paths have crossed Whisenant (nothing criminal) and he has always been kind and extremely helpful. I heard that Mickey is booting him out and just curious what Mickey's problem is.

Since: Apr 08

Douglasville, GA

#2 Apr 24, 2009
I have no idea. I have been around Joe many times (he patronized a company I worked for) and he was always such a nice guy. I know things can be different when someone is at work, but I just never got a bad vibe about him. My spouse is in law enforcement, so I have been around plenty of cops!
Would love to hear if anyone has any info!
jeremy hale

Barnesville, GA

#3 Apr 24, 2009
Why don't they just ask the ones they are talking about.
No Comment

Powder Springs, GA

#4 Apr 24, 2009
In My opinion;

I know there was some behind the scene issues that the MAYOR FOUND OUT ABOUT concerning the construction / building of the new Jail.

Also, the behind the scene issues, caused the lawsuits.

Politics are alive and well :)
informer

Barnesville, GA

#5 Apr 24, 2009
Maybe he found out he was not getting as big a cut of the corruption money, probably.
oh my gosh

Atlanta, GA

#6 Apr 24, 2009
thompson dont care about anyone but himself. he doesnt care what happens to this county or the police department. if it doesnt help him he he could care less. one of the city council has asked thompson to step down as mayor so i hope someone runs for mayor and beats him.
No Comment

Powder Springs, GA

#7 Apr 24, 2009
Mickey is a fine man. Joe is a Fine man.

Douglasville needs good people running our government.

It just needs to be brought out by those two in a face to face (PRIVATE) meeting and discuss how this can be resolved for the betterment of the citizens.

It is about the citizens- right?

Hope this helps

“Wess12”

Douglasville

#8 Apr 24, 2009
oh my gosh wrote:
thompson dont care about anyone but himself. he doesnt care what happens to this county or the police department. if it doesnt help him he he could care less. one of the city council has asked thompson to step down as mayor so i hope someone runs for mayor and beats him.
O, I hope Quarterman doesnt find out about this.....
No Comment

Powder Springs, GA

#9 Apr 24, 2009
From Today's Sentinel:

"The Douglasville City Council today at 8:30 a.m. will hold a special called meeting in the Council Chambers to vote on an agreement with Joe Whisenant, providing for post�--retirement consulting services and other personnel matters regarding his retirement as city of Douglasville Police Chief.

Whisenant has been police chief in Douglasville for over 25 years.

In other business, City Manager Bill Osborne will report on interim plans for how the Douglasville Police Department will operate following Whisenant’s retirement.
When an appointed official like Whisenant retires, Thompson said, he is confident a qualified successor can be put in place on an interim basis because all city departments have a “good succession plan” in place.

hmmmm

“Wess12”

Douglasville

#10 Apr 24, 2009
No Comment wrote:
From Today's Sentinel:
"The Douglasville City Council today at 8:30 a.m. will hold a special called meeting in the Council Chambers to vote on an agreement with Joe Whisenant, providing for post�--retirement consulting services and other personnel matters regarding his retirement as city of Douglasville Police Chief.
Whisenant has been police chief in Douglasville for over 25 years.
In other business, City Manager Bill Osborne will report on interim plans for how the Douglasville Police Department will operate following Whisenant’s retirement.
When an appointed official like Whisenant retires, Thompson said, he is confident a qualified successor can be put in place on an interim basis because all city departments have a “good succession plan” in place.
hmmmm
There is more to this story.......gotta be.

Since: Oct 08

Lithonia, GA

#11 Apr 24, 2009
Mickey's a crook.
Educated Georgian

Braselton, GA

#12 Apr 24, 2009
ANON ME wrote:
Mickey's a crook.
Pretty strong comment about this man. What proof do you have that this is true?

Surely you wouldn't post a comment this inflammatory without having documented evidence that you can share with the topix community.

Since: Oct 08

Lithonia, GA

#13 Apr 25, 2009
Educated Georgian wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty strong comment about this man. What proof do you have that this is true?
Surely you wouldn't post a comment this inflammatory without having documented evidence that you can share with the topix community.
He's a politician....he gets that all the time. Besides, he's a crook. He's got his hands in a lot of pockets and he's got a lot of friends in strong places. He uses those friends to do bad things to nice people. That's as far as I can go with my comment.
douglasville

Shannon, GA

#14 May 6, 2009
Mickey Thompson is scum! I hope he does not expect to be re-elected after all this...
concerned

Bremen, GA

#15 May 7, 2009
Joe retired. Womack is new chief
Annonymous

Douglasville, GA

#16 May 30, 2009
DPD lost a good police cheif and I will keep my comments about the mayor to myself...if you can't say anything nice....

Since: Nov 08

Douglasville, GA

#17 May 31, 2009
The troubles between Joe and Mickey started when Mickey was a city councilman. Personality conflicts, Joe is and has never been a yes man and Mickey didn't like that. Then the troubles grew when Mickey ran against Doug Leguire for Mayor. Most of the Police and City employees backed Leguire. There were even officers that would bring their personal vehicles to work with Liguire signs in the bed of the truck. Mickey found offense to this and decided to take it out on Joe.
Joe the Plunger

Atlanta, GA

#18 May 31, 2009
Mr. Joe lost "misplaced" $6000 in cash. I thought that was bad enough, now it looks like the city has lost another $100k. I guess JW will be Bill Osburne's right hand man. It time Joe moves on before ..it hits the fan.

Since: Nov 08

Douglasville, GA

#19 May 31, 2009
What is your source of information? You can't be too much in the loop of information considering Joe has been off of duty for about a month now. Also we already have a new chief of police.
tick

Marietta, GA

#20 Jun 1, 2009
Joe received a package he couldn't turn down and I mean he had not much of a choice he will be still around just to be around nothing else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reuniting the original 1820-1840 Carroll county... (Mar '13) 11 hr Locale 23
Review: Lea Marie Scott Dec 11 LJay 2
crime in douglasville, ga (Jan '07) Dec 9 Tolerman 482
Smyrna police car Dec 8 Anony Mos 5
News Downtown businesses band together to shine spot... Dec 7 logic 6
Sleeping Naked (Apr '16) Dec 7 Wayne 5
Wolf in Sheeps Clothing Dec 7 taxpayer 112 9

Douglasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance