THE U.S.DOLLAR is about to be DESTROYED

THE U.S.DOLLAR is about to be DESTROYED

Posted in the Douglasville Forum

cookie vendor

Carrollton, GA

#1 Jan 13, 2011
Joe Yule Jr

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jan 13, 2011

Since: Jul 07

Douglasville

#3 Jan 13, 2011
Thank you for the commercial
cookie vendor

Carrollton, GA

#4 Jan 13, 2011
Listening to the entire clip makes you think.I would not be surprised if the dollar collapsed.I do know when the dollar is down, gas is higher and vice-versa.When the dollar is down in value, it takes MORE of the dollar to buy oil.The arabs want the full value of their product and will get it before they sell.I have heard about a huge , over a trillion gallons , of oil in canada about to be broke into.This should help stop some of the oil prices from tha arabs and give us a break on the prices.Its also not as far to deliver the oil as thru the straits in iraq.If the united states tree huggers would all die off, we could drill in the gulf.The president should just tell them to kiss his ass, issue some permits to drill and be done with it.
Linda

Suwanee, GA

#5 Jan 13, 2011
I guess the world is coming to an end again and the sky is falling! And you really believe that the Canadians are going to sell the U.S. oil at a good deal? You are either naive or it is a lot of wishful thinking. Besides the fact that it costs more to extract shale oil, they will sell on the world market for the highest price, just like all oil producers do. And if you think prices are high now, just wait until the teabaggers don't increase the debt ceiling and the U.S. defaults on payments. We will be begging for imported goods at any price.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#6 Jan 13, 2011
hey linda, did you know that senator obama voted against the debt ceiling when he was in congress? i suppose you did not. otherwise you would not have said the tea party will not vote for it. makes you wonder huh?
Linda

Suwanee, GA

#7 Jan 14, 2011
And your point is??? Oh, I get it on this particular topix site every comment leads to a trashing of Obama.
Heaven forbid we should actually have a sane discussion about the merits of a position on this topix site.
LeftiesSmellBad

Cumming, GA

#8 Jan 14, 2011
Linda wrote:
I guess the world is coming to an end again and the sky is falling!
Linda wrote:
And if you think prices are high now, just wait until the teabaggers don't increase the debt ceiling and the U.S. defaults on payments. We will be begging for imported goods at any price.
Linda wrote:
And your point is??? Oh, I get it on this particular topix site every comment leads to a trashing of Obama.
Heaven forbid we should actually have a sane discussion about the merits of a position on this topix site.
Linda, if you expect a ***CIVIL TONE*** returned to you, you should at least try to be civil with those you speak to on this Topix web site. Having a condescending tone and suggesting those who are Constitutionally aware like to slap peoples face with their nuts is not the road to go down.

And lastly, you are dead wrong with the reason why oil prices are on the up-swing.

The reason why is because, on a minor point, the USD is no longer backed by the gold standard.

More specifically, the reason why oil prices is on the rise is because we are printing an excessive amount of money. Well not really printing, it is called digitizing money and purchaseing our own bond offers.(No problem there -[sic])

When an excessive amount of money (Being printed or digitized) is in circulation this brings the overall value of the dollar down in the world money market. As the value of the dollar goes down foreign suppliers (read: overseas oil being imported into the USA) require more dollars to purchase the same barrel of oil that costed less 12 months ago when our dollar was slightly stronger in the world market. And even mosre costly than when the dollar was really strong maybe a decade ago.

Inflation is a natural price to pay for digitizing or printing money to pay our debt. Have you not noticed the prices for just about everything going up over the past 6 months linda?

What compounds the problem of higher oil prices even more linda is the reluctance of this administration to produce our own oil. If we were to produce our own oil we could drive down the world market price with supply and demand. More supply creates a less demand and lower prices.

I hope I explained that to you well enough Linda. It is kind of complex and deep. This is not something one can pick up on with sound bites over the 24-hour news cycle.

If you have any questions please ask.

Since: Jul 07

Douglasville

#9 Jan 14, 2011
Actually I believe it was Nixon that took the gold standard away from the dollar. Therefore this is where it started. I agree we should drill here to lower the price or come up with alternative sources, ethanol is not the answer because it is driving up the price of corn which is what our farmers use to feed our meat source, which in turn drives up the price of all food.

May God help us all!
LeftiesSmellBad

Cumming, GA

#10 Jan 14, 2011
Mugsy wrote:
Actually I believe it was Nixon that took the gold standard away from the dollar. Therefore this is where it started. I agree we should drill here to lower the price or come up with alternative sources, ethanol is not the answer because it is driving up the price of corn which is what our farmers use to feed our meat source, which in turn drives up the price of all food.
May God help us all!
Nixon shut down the Bretton Woods monetary system in the early 70's.

The FDR Presidency and depression actually took away the gold standard in the mid 30's. There was an attempt to correct the problems of the depresson. FDR fooled around with the gold standard by digning in several Acts and Presidential Decrees.
LeftiesSmellBad

Cumming, GA

#11 Jan 14, 2011
..."gold standard by signing in several"...

Since: Jul 07

Douglasville

#12 Jan 14, 2011
LeftiesSmellBad wrote:
<quoted text>Nixon shut down the Bretton Woods monetary system in the early 70's.
The FDR Presidency and depression actually took away the gold standard in the mid 30's. There was an attempt to correct the problems of the depresson. FDR fooled around with the gold standard by digning in several Acts and Presidential Decrees.
Thank you for the correction, I wasn't 100% sure. The funny thing is when cleaning out my grandmother's house I actually found a lot of stuff sent out by FDR and his new deal. Really a lot of interesting items and how propaganda is in the United States.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Highway 5 Chick-Fil-A 9 hr DvilleStar 3
Judge Neal Dettmerring (Apr '14) Tue Karen R 13
See Ya Whitey!!! Dec 5 FOS 9
23yr old girl died at Douglas General Hospital ... (Aug '11) Dec 2 BJM 16
After Thanksgiving Crime not reported??? Dec 1 Raj 7
Jimmy Witcher Dec 1 Raymond 8
Judge Robert James (Jul '07) Nov 30 momof4 61

Douglasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglasville Mortgages