boyfriend charged in auto accident

boyfriend charged in auto accident

Posted in the Douglasville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BostonMan

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Mar 23, 2011
WGTC student dies in crash
A West Georgia Technical College student was killed in a single vehicle wreck on Berea Road near Mason Creek Road in Douglasville’s Bill Arp community.
Georgia State Patrol Sgt. J.A. Warren said 24-year-old Courtney Shipp of Villa Rica died at about 2 a.m. Sunday after the driver of the 1997 BMW, 25-year old Joshua Allen Garrison, also of Villa Rica, drove off the road, over-corrected, crossed the center line and hit a tree on the right passenger side.
Warren said Shipp was wearing a seat belt at the time of the wreck.
Garrison, who was Shipp’s boyfriend, was listed in stable condition at Atlanta Medical Center on Monday afternoon.

I read on DCSO website that Joshua Garrison has been charged. Does anyone know why? Was alcohol involved? The above story seems it was a complete accident.

Since: Jun 07

D'ville, GA

#2 Mar 23, 2011
It's possible that blood analysis found alcohol or other substance, maybe the investigation found that he was speeding. Or maybe he was distracted or texting, cars don't just drive off the road....
BD Black

Peachtree City, GA

#3 Mar 23, 2011
spitfire2 wrote:
It's possible that blood analysis found alcohol or other substance, maybe the investigation found that he was speeding. Or maybe he was distracted or texting, cars don't just drive off the road....

I had a steering rod break on a car and it pulled the car right off the road before I could stop it. As if the car was possessed I couldn't do a thing with the steering. But charges probably means it wasn't a mechanical fault.
Verlie

Brooks, GA

#4 Mar 23, 2011
DUI, among other charges are listed by DCSO.
BUBBA

Carrollton, GA

#5 Mar 23, 2011
BD Black wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a steering rod break on a car and it pulled the car right off the road before I could stop it. As if the car was possessed I couldn't do a thing with the steering. But charges probably means it wasn't a mechanical fault.
was one of the GOVERNMENT MOTORS? obamamobile
thegameisafoot

Douglasville, GA

#6 Mar 23, 2011
BUBBA wrote:
<quoted text>
was one of the GOVERNMENT MOTORS? obamamobile
Changing login names again?

Since: Jun 07

D'ville, GA

#7 Mar 24, 2011
BD Black wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a steering rod break on a car and it pulled the car right off the road before I could stop it. As if the car was possessed I couldn't do a thing with the steering. But charges probably means it wasn't a mechanical fault.
No doubt mechanical failure can cause an accident, however statistically it doesn't even come close to driver error. Expecially at 2AM on a weekend morning.
thomas thompson

Carrollton, GA

#8 Mar 26, 2011
He was charged because he was drunk and had drugs in the car. Courtney tried to drive but Josh yelled at her and said he would drive. The state troopers said he was doing over 80 mph when he left the road. More charges are pending as of 26 Mar 2011.
anon

Peachtree City, GA

#9 Mar 26, 2011
thomas thompson wrote:
He was charged because he was drunk and had drugs in the car. Courtney tried to drive but Josh yelled at her and said he would drive. The state troopers said he was doing over 80 mph when he left the road. More charges are pending as of 26 Mar 2011.

I guess we have yet another example of why you shouldn't get into a car with such an a-hole. She clearly would have been better off walking, even in the rain, than having to deal with some drunk who yells to get his way.
verlie

Brooks, GA

#10 Mar 27, 2011
How do you know Courtney tried to drive?

Since: Feb 08

Douglasville, Georgia

#11 Mar 27, 2011
That particular road can be a bit tricky even when sober. So sad.

I noticed where her father had made a comment on a Patch piece concerning the accident. He advised the young man was drunk.
David

Carrollton, GA

#12 Mar 27, 2011
thats sad.
Dana Holmes

Wynne, AR

#13 May 18, 2011
Courtney was my sister and my best friend. She was an amazing mother, and she was so very beautiful inside and out. I will never be the same.
slickrick

Anniston, AL

#14 May 19, 2011
why is everyone so upset with the driver. The deceased girl made the decesion to ride with someone whom she may have known was intoxicated. Why is it always someone elses faught when we do stupid things.
murphi

Douglasville, GA

#15 May 19, 2011
slickrick wrote:
why is everyone so upset with the driver. The deceased girl made the decesion to ride with someone whom she may have known was intoxicated. Why is it always someone elses faught when we do stupid things.
Are you serious?
dville ga

Douglasville, GA

#16 Jun 9, 2011
slickrick wrote:
why is everyone so upset with the driver. The deceased girl made the decesion to ride with someone whom she may have known was intoxicated. Why is it always someone elses faught when we do stupid things.
Apperently this has never happened to you or you wouldn't say something so completely stupid.
FFinger

Douglasville, GA

#17 Jun 9, 2011
elementaryhistoryteacher wrote:
That particular road can be a bit tricky even when sober.
Berea Rd is tricky? Only if you're paralytically drunk. There's even a 4-way stop right there at Mason Creek with flashing lights warning you it's coming up.
Dusty

United States

#18 Jun 9, 2011
slickrick wrote:
why is everyone so upset with the driver. The deceased girl made the decesion to ride with someone whom she may have known was intoxicated. Why is it always someone elses faught when we do stupid things.
First of all, he broke the law. Secondly, he killed another human being due to being drunk and driving recklessly. Thirdly, it matters not at all what the girl knew because she wasn't driving, he was. I really can't believe your response. I bet it would be slightly different if she was your daughter.
slickrick

Anniston, AL

#19 Jun 11, 2011
people die everyday because of their stupid decesions. yes, he broke the law and yes she made a mistake. two lives destroyed and two people to blame. the driver and the passenger.
Dusty

Toledo, OH

#21 Jun 21, 2011
You just made the most idiotic statement I have ever heard. I bet money that you are friends with the guy driving the car...disgusting

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David McDade and the DC Judicial System 52 min Citizen 6
News Douglasville a hot spot for small business loans (Dec '16) 1 hr Vitizen 6
News Confederate flag supporters indicted in clash w... (Nov '15) 9 hr Apple overpriced 10
New Superintendent for DCSS 10 hr Edgar 34
Joes seafood on chapel hill? Tue Jake Kesey 20
News Prospect of MARTA operating county's bus servic... Aug 13 Louie the Wrench 4
My Wife Deserves Better (Nov '10) Aug 13 DumbassDonny 27

Douglasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglasville Mortgages