Palin stumps for Handel - How will yo...

Palin stumps for Handel - How will you vote in Tuesday's Runoff?

Created by Top Mod2 on Aug 9, 2010

3,359 votes

Click on an option to vote

Karen Handel

Nathan Deal

formerresident

Decatur, GA

#7735 Sep 1, 2012
Top 10 accomplishments by Obama

1. Handed food stamps to the auto execs. Trained them to drive instead of fly when asking for welfare. Saved the car industry. How many years since Americans even wanted to drive American cars? Even got the leaders to set the example and drive the cars they sell. What a novel idea.

2. The bankers seeing that the auto execs got food stamps, asked, what about me too? Obama added them to the welfare list. Then he scolded them, you want more money? Loan it out. That is what bankers are supposed to do.
The bankers replied to who? Nobody has any credit. We made sure of that. We need to save the money for a rainy day.

3. We left Iraq. Most troops back. A few still stuck in undocumented territory

4. Bin Laden in the comfort of his large executive home, surrounded by his multiple wives was ordered dead. The home in the middle of the city, couldn't be found for 10 years. We had been looking in all the caves.

5. He made inroads to a nationalized single payer health care plan. Nobody understands it, its been watered down, but its the first step to managing our health care. For those of you who can't see the wisdom in this, think about this fact. Baby boomers are getting old! We want to live.

6.He said "Go Green" He set up funds to do this. Some communities said what a great idea, a lucky break, lets prosper and grow. Others said so what, buyer beware, who cares, cut the trees down or let them fall on your heads.

7. He stabilized the economy. We thought we were recovering. it was a myth. We were preventing a total collapse. Remember Herbert Hoover?

8. Our world presence is far more agreeable then I can remember in many decades with our neighbors.

9. He ran a hope and change campaign. Great idea. Douglasville could have shown him first hand, when you have hope and change, you get a planning mess, with no access to resources and supports.

10. He stayed in touch with the American Public. Invited them into his homes, after he was elected. Who cares:? That is the first president who I can recall who actually gave ACCESS to ordinary people in the USA. You know the ones he represents. WE THE PEOPLE!

And what did he do for protecting private property? It was just one home,
who cares?
bored monitor

Fairmount, GA

#7736 Sep 1, 2012
LaForte Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Of all the presidential candidates I can remember I have only liked Obama, Carter, Ford, both Kennedys, and McGovern. I would have voted for whatisname who ran against Dwight Eisenhauer. Don't you wonder how the world would be different if different people had been elected? I think Hillary would make a good President. Nixon and Bush gave me the willies.
Not real sharp, are ya?
torqued

Douglasville, GA

#7737 Sep 1, 2012
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe Obama's spending hasn't surpassed Bush's by leaps and bounds there is no reason to even debate with you. If your understanding of how Obama's economic policies have made the situation left by Bush a hundred times worse then there not much anyone can tell you to help you understand what has taken place in the last 12 years because you obviously stopped paying attention four years ago. If you haven't noticed that obama has spent twice as much money in four years than Bush spent in eight, well, that's just a willful disregard of the facts or you believe MSNBC is the greatest news organization out there.
Who gave massive un-funded tax cuts to the wealthy and got us into two massively, monumentally expensive unfunded wars?

That freakin' Obama, how could he do that to us?!!?

What? oh. my mistake. Bush did that.
torqued

Douglasville, GA

#7738 Sep 1, 2012
Well, I know!

Obama took the US economy and put it right near the edge of total anarchy and collapse! The big banks were all failing, the auto-makers were all failing, the stock market crashed!

Well, look. So I made a mistake. But, let's go back to exactly the same policies that Bush had. Let's do that! Maybe this time we won't squander trillions, let the economy go unregulated, trash the stock market and sink american businesses. Just because that's what happened last time using the exact same policies doesn't mean it's likely to happen again, does it?

Besides, all we have to do is each middle-class household has to pay an extra 2000.00 or so in taxes, give up any hope of retirement or medical care or clean environment and womens rights and tolerance to find out if the same old policies will tank America again. That's not asking too much, is it?
hmm

United States

#7739 Sep 1, 2012
torqued wrote:
<quoted text>Who gave massive un-funded tax cuts to the wealthy and got us into two massively, monumentally expensive unfunded wars?

The old democratic mantra of the wealthy are the devil.
torqued

Douglasville, GA

#7740 Sep 1, 2012
Listen, quit worrying about how Bush almost killed this country, and don't worry that we're about to do the same thing again by using the same policies. Don't worry about how much it will cost you to trust the liars.

It's all gonna work out. I just know it is. How can you be so sure, you might be askin'?

Well, look, there's been a bunch of Republicans around for the last couple of years. The House of Reps. Look what a good job they've done for us! Just look at their shining record and all they've achieved for the American people! You know with those guys in charge, you've got nothing to worry about!

what? You say WHAT??!

They held America hostage on the debt ceiling? The had our credit rating downgraded? They filibustered the jobs bill? The just about wiped out health-care for Americans? The mostly did nothing? They let the Super-Committee fail due to idealogy?

Well. Ok. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe the Republican House of Reps isn't where you should look for the good of the Republicans.

I know! The supporters! Surely they have good hearts.

Except when they threw peanuts at a black women and called her an animal.

Except when they cheared with great glee the idea of Texas killing 200 people, some of them innocent.

Except when they cheered the idea of Americans dying because they're not insured.

Maybe the supporters aren't the best placed to be looking.
hmm

United States

#7741 Sep 1, 2012
torqued wrote:
Well, I know!

Obama took the US economy and put it right near the edge of total anarchy and collapse! The big banks were all failing, the auto-makers were all failing, the stock market crashed!

Well, look. So I made a mistake. But, let's go back to exactly the same policies that Bush had. Let's do that! Maybe this time we won't squander trillions, let the economy go unregulated, trash the stock market and sink american businesses. Just because that's what happened last time using the exact same policies doesn't mean it's likely to happen again, does it?

Besides, all we have to do is each middle-class household has to pay an extra 2000.00 or so in taxes, give up any hope of retirement or medical care or clean environment and womens rights and tolerance to find out if the same old policies will tank America again. That's not asking too much, is it?
And.....it's the war on women now. Keep trying
torqued

Douglasville, GA

#7742 Sep 1, 2012
OK, there's a silver lining to every dark cloud.

Let's forget the last president that sank this country, let's forget that they want to bring back the policies that president used, let's forget the House of Reps that have done everything within their power to keep America down, and let's forget the racist, death-hungry fanatical supporters. That's not so hard to do now, is it? Just look to the bright side of life!

At least they have a Presidential Candidate that passes the muster! He's ROCK-SOLID in his beliefs, he's like a Chevy Truck. And he's a good business man, he'll build America from the ashes his party-mates left this country in! I told you there was a bright-side!

What!??? Surely you kid! He's waffled more than a short order cook at Waffle House? Well, no matter.
He's still a great businessman! Look at all he's built! All he's contributed to America as a business man. He's a JOB CREATOR!

What? sigh..you're a gloomy Gus! Whaddaya mean? His products are everywhere! They contribute to daily American life! You see his name on all the GOOD things we have here in America! Oh..well..no... you mean he just pooled money together, skimmed off the top, hid his profits in foriegn countries so he wouldn't have to contribute to America? He used loopholes to pillage companies, steal their assets, pension funds, put them in debt and took that money too, then let them shut down, leaving the American Citizens to clean up the mess by providing unemployment and health care? Well that doesn't sound too nice. It doesn't sound even barely honest.

But surely there's some hope for the big political donars right? The Koch Brothers are right-near to being saints! Oh - Funding false political groups, hiding their donations behind fake corporations, actively de-regulating environmental controls that keep things like BP spills from happening, and Monsanto poisenings, disenfranchising voters and destroying collective bargaining that keeps American companies honest? That's not nice.

Ok. I tried. I guess you're right. There's not a DAMN thing good about the Republicans
hmm

United States

#7743 Sep 1, 2012
torqued wrote:

Let's forget the last president that sank this country, let's forget that they want to bring back the policies that president used, let's forget the House of Reps that have done everything within their power to keep America down, and let's forget the racist, death-hungry fanatical supporters. That's not so hard to do now, is it? Just look to the bright side of life!

At least they have a Presidential Candidate that passes the muster! He's ROCK-SOLID in his beliefs, he's like a Chevy Truck. And he's a good business man, he'll build America from the ashes his party-mates left this country in! I told you there was a bright-side!

What!??? Surely you kid! He's waffled more than a short order cook at Waffle House? Well, no matter.
He's still a great businessman! Look at all he's built! All he's contributed to America as a business man. He's a JOB CREATOR!

What? sigh..you're a gloomy Gus! Whaddaya mean? His products are everywhere! They contribute to daily American life! You see his name on all the GOOD things we have here in America! Oh..well..no... you mean he just pooled money together, skimmed off the top, hid his profits in foriegn countries so he wouldn't have to contribute to America? He used loopholes to pillage companies, steal their assets, pension funds, put them in debt and took that money too, then let them shut down, leaving the American Citizens to clean up the mess by providing unemployment and health care? Well that doesn't sound too nice. It doesn't sound even barely honest.

But surely there's some hope for the big political donars right? The Koch Brothers are right-near to being saints! Oh - Funding false political groups, hiding their donations behind fake corporations, actively de-regulating environmental controls that keep things like BP spills from happening, and Monsanto poisenings, disenfranchising voters and destroying collective bargaining that keeps American companies honest? That's not nice.

Ok. I tried. I guess you're right. There's not a DAMN thing good about the Republicans
Holy cow! The race card? LOL. Keep digging deeper into your bag of worn out liberal plays. Good lord this funny.
hmm

United States

#7744 Sep 1, 2012
torqued wrote:

You hate the Koch brothers but you like George Soros? How about obama's claim Romney contributed to the woman's death who had cancer? How do you feel about that?
LaForte Fan

Morganton, GA

#7745 Sep 1, 2012
bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Not real sharp, are ya?
I forgot Clinton and FDR.

Almost everyone liked Clinton until a bunch of trolls trashed him over a blow job. He should have said, "that was after hours and none of your business" instead of quibling about what sex act is a sex act. That was the dumbest decision of his career. The people who went after him for cheating on his wife, for heavens sake, would be the same family value driven hyprocritical trolls who tripled the volume at strip clubs around the Republican Convention.

FDR was a great President.
torqued

Douglasville, GA

#7746 Sep 1, 2012
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy cow! The race card? LOL. Keep digging deeper into your bag of worn out liberal plays. Good lord this funny.
Who threw peanuts at a professional black woman doing her job and called her an "animal"? Oh yeah! Republican delegates at the Republican National Convention!

The Southern Strategy, if anybody wants to dig deeper.
torqued

Douglasville, GA

#7747 Sep 1, 2012
LaForte Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who went after him for cheating on his wife, for heavens sake, would be the same family value driven hyprocritical trolls who tripled the volume at strip clubs around the Republican Convention.
The truth is the truth. No denying it.
torqued

Douglasville, GA

#7748 Sep 1, 2012
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
You hate the Koch brothers but you like George Soros? How about obama's claim Romney contributed to the woman's death who had cancer? How do you feel about that?
LOL, I just painted a big ol' picture, that's true, btw, of the Republican party, and the best defense is "but we don't like Obama!".

That's all the republicans stand for - Anti-Obama. They don't care what they do to American citizens to achieve that.

Even after the Republican National Convention, we still don't have any idea of what the hell the Republicans plan to specifically DO. They just want Obama out of the picture as he's not part of their corporate puppet-masters plans.

I for one would like to hear a lot less anti-obama and get some idea of what the Republicans are going to do that is so great!
hmm

United States

#7749 Sep 1, 2012
torqued wrote:
<quoted text>Who threw peanuts at a professional black woman doing her job and called her an "animal"? Oh yeah! Republican delegates at the Republican National Convention!

The Southern Strategy, if anybody wants to dig deeper.
Wow, so a couple of idiots condemns the whole party? How about two black guys with clubs at a polling station intimidating white voters who aren't prosecuted by this administration because they are black. Yes, made it clear cases involving African Americans as suspects would not be pursued. That single case directly tied to the Obama administration is a hundred times more damaging than your example.
torqued

Douglasville, GA

#7750 Sep 1, 2012
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, so a couple of idiots condemns the whole party? How about two black guys with clubs at a polling station intimidating white voters who aren't prosecuted by this administration because they are black. Yes, made it clear cases involving African Americans as suspects would not be pursued. That single case directly tied to the Obama administration is a hundred times more damaging than your example.
If you can't be a bigoted pig at the RNC, where can you be?
hmm

United States

#7751 Sep 1, 2012
torqued wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, I just painted a big ol' picture, that's true, btw, of the Republican party, and the best defense is "but we don't like Obama!".

That's all the republicans stand for - Anti-Obama. They don't care what they do to American citizens to achieve that.

Even after the Republican National Convention, we still don't have any idea of what the hell the Republicans plan to specifically DO. They just want Obama out of the picture as he's not part of their corporate puppet-masters plans.

I for one would like to hear a lot less anti-obama and get some idea of what the Republicans are going to do that is so great!
Completely false. Speaking of facts: unemployment when Bush left office was 7.8% with an average of 5.2%. The unemployment rate now is 8.6% and the average under Obama is 8.6%. It was only 7.6% under Carter.

Price for a gallon of gas was $1.78 when Bush left office and it is currently $3.91.
torqued

Douglasville, GA

#7752 Sep 1, 2012
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely false. Speaking of facts: unemployment when Bush left office was 7.8% with an average of 5.2%. The unemployment rate now is 8.6% and the average under Obama is 8.6%. It was only 7.6% under Carter.
Price for a gallon of gas was $1.78 when Bush left office and it is currently $3.91.
Actually, that 1.78 was an EXTREMELY short-lived aberration resulting from market speculation with the Wall Street Crash. Gas was running about 3.60 both before and after that.
Job loss?
Take a look at this chart. Bush was heading downhill fast, and Obama turned that around almost immediately. Really, do look at that chart.
http://spfaust.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/ch...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#7753 Sep 1, 2012
torqued wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gave massive un-funded tax cuts to the wealthy ... Bush did that.
Well, who else are you going to give tax cuts to, when the evil rich pay the vast majority of taxes?

An uneducated and clueless voter is a dangerous thing.

“I don’t want someone who doesn’t pay ANY federal income taxes voting to determine how much I pay.”
SusieQ

Fitzgerald, GA

#7754 Sep 1, 2012
torqued wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that 1.78 was an EXTREMELY short-lived aberration resulting from market speculation with the Wall Street Crash. Gas was running about 3.60 both before and after that.
Job loss?
Take a look at this chart. Bush was heading downhill fast, and Obama turned that around almost immediately. Really, do look at that chart.
http://spfaust.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/ch...
you rock,give it to them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Georgian - Pool (May '12) 7 hr Elmer 17
the Backstory Behind the Douglas County Name (Jun '08) Sun Resurrection Truth 16
South Fulton parkway closures this week (May '13) May 19 Crash21 7
King Pritz May 19 Trump 5
Looking for a good divorce lawyer... May 16 XTC 4
Review: Diamond Traders (Jun '10) May 15 Brandy Thomas 33
Sound Ordinance in Douglas County (Feb '09) May 14 taxpayer 112 74

Douglasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglasville Mortgages