Tupak

Atlanta, GA

#61 Aug 30, 2010
Scott R wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott, the local community activist, should request an open record request to see how much money Miller has spent on his travel. Transparency is fine when it comes to other Board Members, but not Mike. How about transparency with the other law firms Miller left, quit, or whatever. Why did Miller leave Hartley, Rowe, and Fowler and Greg Barton?
Rest assured, Mike's version of why he leaves will be different than those he left.
curious resident

Douglasville, GA

#62 Sep 1, 2010
I would be interested in finding out what the rules and regulations are for board members. Is there a mandatory number of meetings he must attend? What expectations are there? Surly there are rules and regulations somewhere that dictates what constitues having a board member removed from their duties.

Where is the fox 5 eye team now?
Boring

Douglasville, GA

#63 Sep 1, 2010
curious resident wrote:
I would be interested in finding out what the rules and regulations are for board members. Is there a mandatory number of meetings he must attend? What expectations are there? Surly there are rules and regulations somewhere that dictates what constitues having a board member removed from their duties.
Where is the fox 5 eye team now?
Story is BORING - Fax 5 could careless about your griping
QuiturWining

Atlanta, GA

#64 Sep 1, 2010
Boring wrote:
<quoted text>
Story is BORING - Fax 5 could careless about your griping
I agree. Maybe Miller and Randy Travis will investigate Bernard now on how much he makes representing the University of Georgia.
Truth

Atlanta, GA

#65 Sep 5, 2010
Scott R wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott, the local community activist, should request an open record request to see how much money Miller has spent on his travel. Transparency is fine when it comes to other Board Members, but not Mike. How about transparency with the other law firms Miller left, quit, or whatever. Why did Miller leave Hartley, Rowe, and Fowler and Greg Barton?
Interesting questions. Seems we will not get answers. We are waiting.
ChaCha

Douglasville, GA

#66 Sep 5, 2010
the go to the board meetings and ask your questions.
Don't forget, you have to sign up to speak by noon on the Thursday before the board meeting.
QuiturWining

Atlanta, GA

#67 Sep 7, 2010
The last thing Mike Miller wants is for anyone to ask questions of Joe Fowler about him. That transparency cry was nothing more than Miller's 2 minutes of fame. Miller, admittedly, was envious of Bernard and as Shakespeare cautioned, " O! beware, my lord, of jealousy; It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on."

Since: Sep 09

Douglasville, GA

#68 Sep 7, 2010
QuiturWining wrote:
The last thing Mike Miller wants is for anyone to ask questions of Joe Fowler about him. That transparency cry was nothing more than Miller's 2 minutes of fame. Miller, admittedly, was envious of Bernard and as Shakespeare cautioned, " O! beware, my lord, of jealousy; It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on."
And who would believe Joe Fowler? Not me.
I Know

Winston, GA

#69 Sep 7, 2010
No kidding. Joe Fowler pissed all over this county when he represented the crappy developers that bought the old race track and now have falling rocks on their falling waterfalls. Liar Liar Lawyer.

Since: Sep 09

Douglasville, GA

#70 Sep 7, 2010
I Know wrote:
No kidding. Joe Fowler pissed all over this county when he represented the crappy developers that bought the old race track and now have falling rocks on their falling waterfalls. Liar Liar Lawyer.
Thank you! Lawyer Joe also was the one who help developers cheat people out of land in order to build Arbor Mall.
QuiturWining

Atlanta, GA

#71 Sep 8, 2010
Dont Tread On Me 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And who would believe Joe Fowler? Not me.
Your right. Rely on Miller so you can hear some bs that Hartley Rowe and Fowler wasn't the right fit for him and Barton wasn't either and Drummond wasn't either and Hamrick wasn't either...a clown in a suit as the great protector of our chilren's welfare.
DirtyD

Atlanta, GA

#72 Sep 8, 2010
Miller was at last night's meeting. I told ya he wasn't going anywhere. Easy money and lots of fringe benefits. Just don't ask him any hard questions.
Truth

Atlanta, GA

#73 Sep 8, 2010
DirtyD wrote:
Miller was at last night's meeting. I told ya he wasn't going anywhere. Easy money and lots of fringe benefits. Just don't ask him any hard questions.
Heard Coach Barnes was absent. Maybe they are planning on alternating meetings. Neither has anything positive to contribute. Still waiting on Mike's answers.
Scott

Norcross, GA

#74 Sep 9, 2010
You guys are really desperate and pathetic. You've got the ONE and ONLY board member who spoke openly and honestly on this forum, who risked his career to stand up to a powerful figure like Ken Bernard to call to light the $600,000 he made off the 2007 bond issue which led to a MAJOR 3-part Fox I-Team investigation, who has repeatedly asked for an independent audit of expenses related to the new schools which have been built to no avail, who was told he'd have to request documents through the open records act even though he was a board member.

If any of you were to actually have the dignity and backbone to stand up for what's right around here we'd never have had all these issues in the first place. You are truly the most pathetic bunch. Find a new whipping boy. I and many others in this community will proudly stand by Mike Miller. If you want to look at expenses by board members, I've got them all from the past 10 years. Its eye opening to see what our tax dollars have paid for.

Now, personally I think our board members should take a pay cut across the board...all of them, to be in line with the state average for similar sized school systems. But, I haven't exactly heard our board Chairman or any of the incumbend board members screaming for such.
Scott

Norcross, GA

#75 Sep 9, 2010
Miller's advocacy and activism has saved hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars in bond and legal counsel fees. As for meetings missed, I wonder how often board members respond to an email or call from the chairman for a special called meeting with dates they are available and that meeting is scheduled on a date when certain members of the board said they would not be available...on purpose. It happens more often than you'd think. Regardless of how much the board members are paid, you are forgetting that this is not a full time job and all of these public servants still have to attend to the day jobs that feed their families and keep roofs over their heads. Yes they should be expected to attend regularly scheduled meetings. Others are not always possible unless you elect all retirees to the board.

You bafoons have no idea what you are talking about or you do know and are trying to lay the groundwork to get rid of Miller in 2 years. Frankly, after the abuse he's received as reward for his hard work for our educators/students/tax payers, I'd be surprised if he'd even be willing to run again. That's what we do in Douglas County. We churn the good people in and out of office while the old guard run away with our money.
Scott

Norcross, GA

#76 Sep 9, 2010
QuiturWining wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right. Rely on Miller so you can hear some bs that Hartley Rowe and Fowler wasn't the right fit for him and Barton wasn't either and Drummond wasn't either and Hamrick wasn't either...a clown in a suit as the great protector of our chilren's welfare.
Now Kenney. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
QuiturWining

Atlanta, GA

#77 Sep 9, 2010
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Kenney. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Kenney? If you are refering to Kenneth R. Bernard. This aint him but I did hear that Bernard was helping your boy Miller find a job representing his alma mater. Politics make strange bed fellas. It seems Miller and Bernard are closer than you suspect.

While your at it-- defending Miller, tell us about all the School board money he spent on fun trips? Did he take you to Disneyland too?
Concerned Mom

Atlanta, GA

#78 Sep 9, 2010
Scott wrote:
You guys are really desperate and pathetic. You've got the ONE and ONLY board member who spoke openly and honestly on this forum, who risked his career to stand up to a powerful figure like Ken Bernard to call to light the $600,000 he made off the 2007 bond issue which led to a MAJOR 3-part Fox I-Team investigation, who has repeatedly asked for an independent audit of expenses related to the new schools which have been built to no avail, who was told he'd have to request documents through the open records act even though he was a board member.
If any of you were to actually have the dignity and backbone to stand up for what's right around here we'd never have had all these issues in the first place. You are truly the most pathetic bunch. Find a new whipping boy. I and many others in this community will proudly stand by Mike Miller. If you want to look at expenses by board members, I've got them all from the past 10 years. Its eye opening to see what our tax dollars have paid for.
Now, personally I think our board members should take a pay cut across the board...all of them, to be in line with the state average for similar sized school systems. But, I haven't exactly heard our board Chairman or any of the incumbend board members screaming for such.
This pathetic buffoon just wanted to know if Mike was resigning since he quit going to meetings, no-showed committee assignments and refused to vote on the millage. I also know for certain he leads all members in spending on travel including San Diego, Chicago, Savannah, and other places.

I know he is your friend Scott but besides running Bernard off what have you and he done? And from what I hear in my school and from the central office, Bernard is missed. Ironically, Bernard is now representing the presidents at UGA and UWG despite the Fox 5 expose. There are some trying to get him back in a consulting position for a lower rate.

I hope you are right and Mike doesn't run. His heart is not in it and his motives are so apparent. I feel sorry for him.
miajoon

Douglasville, GA

#79 Sep 9, 2010
Concerned Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
And from what I hear in my school and from the central office, Bernard is missed. Ironically, Bernard is now representing the presidents at UGA and UWG despite the Fox 5 expose. There are some trying to get him back in a consulting position for a lower rate.
Who is"Some"? Surely you jest.
Enough

Douglasville, GA

#80 Sep 9, 2010
Scott wrote:
Here we go, once again, on Scott's version of Miller damage control..... So has Miller volunteered to take less pay this coming year? And what are his thoughts on his very high expense account? How about you actually answer the questions instead of always redirecting them. Better yet, have your buddy Miller get back on here and answer them for himself......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Frank Benji Hughes (May '14) 17 hr Frank B Hughes 5
Need Replacement Windows (Jan '13) 23 hr Pat Patterson 18
Police cars on Pressley Mill Mon Elmer 5
Wreck off of Capps Ferry Rd this morning. 2-23-15 Mar 2 Tin pan 14
No Married Men! Mar 2 nah 6
Gas stations that sell kerosene? (Dec '09) Mar 1 carole 17
How come we didn't get no sno Feb 28 Equality 5

Douglasville News Video

Douglasville Dating
Find my Match