Do you as residents of DC want higher Taxes now ?

Created by taxpayer 112 on Jan 5, 2013

214 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#1 Jan 5, 2013
When the entire country is telling Wash. to CUT spending. Why then in DC do we have more spending by the BOC.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 Jan 5, 2013
A straw man argument at best...

I don't think anyone WANTS higher taxes on themselves, except, perhaps, Warren Buffet...
Bread and Circuses

Douglasville, GA

#3 Jan 5, 2013
Keep it coming baby!

Location hidden

#4 Jan 9, 2013
You can always tell who the very stupid person is.

Its the same one that votes several times a day saying "YES I want higher taxes"
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#5 Jan 9, 2013
Nobody wants higher taxes, but you want services, and when it costs you a dollar, so that you save ten, it is sensible. What is illogical, is to spend ten, so that you don't have to spend a dollar.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#6 Jan 9, 2013
When I moved here I noticed that Douglas County seemed to have higher taxes than Cobb County. Makes me wonder where the money is going and if it is being spent wisely.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#7 Jan 9, 2013
Wisely you ask? My backyard is exact center of where city and county meet, and there are two creeks that come together that I own in my back, running through a culvert designed for 1986. Flash flooding, cars crashing and a vision of a better way, led to quite an education. One thing discovered is that Stewart Mill Reynolds road collapse is downstream and when it split in half and blamed on the flood, you can look at water flowing through my yard incorrectly and inappropriately, and see that this road split as a result of the permitted water. How much did this cost the public taxpayer to repair?

This water flows incorrectly through this stream channel(besides the fact of why is it there?) Too much flows around the culvert, and literally flows down the drain. How much do we the taxpayer pay to purchase water from Cobb?

I will ignore for a moment Dog River having even been built, when they could have done this on the bear creek( too long and too long ago) and all the resulting lawsuits because it was done wrong.

For three years I met with WSA BOD, more times then I can count. I have met with every lawyer( i think) in Douglasville, county and wsa to try to resolve, Who can "fight the system?". How much has the taxpayer spent on these lawyers to do it all wrong? Personally I have invested a fortune in what they should have been doing, not me!

Wonder where the money is going? I can't even begin to tell you what this has cost we the people of this city and county. I really can't, but I can tell you it is a disgusting fortune!

The root was fraud, then added harm, more fraud, and now it is trying to cover everybody's rear end, and it has happened at the expense of We the People of this city, county, and state.

What does it cost to ignore your own laws, and the constitution?

Every single agency I have spoken with without exception has said, You can't do this, and they do this! They count on the fact that the public is ignorant and has no idea how much this is costing us, and the idea that ignorance is bliss. They count on the complications to keep it a mess.

One final point, the new home we purchased long ago, well the land that it sits upon has been reduced of all value, the home taxed, while the WSA collects fees from everybody designed to wipe it out from three directions without my consent.

I won't even mention the impact to my mental health to learn all of this. It has cost lives, not to mention money. It has cost conservation. It has cost us in clean water. It is a financial disaster and there is no doubt in my mind as to why this county, and city has lagged behind in spite of growth.

We will never know how much. If I were them, I wouldn't let this number out of the bag, but it is in the millions, maybe more.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#8 Jan 9, 2013
Robert, I tried to answer, but the topix board made sure that long factual post didn't make it to be read.
Blah Blah

New York, NY

#9 Jan 9, 2013
formerresident wrote:
I won't even mention the impact to my mental health to learn all of this.
You don't have to - we can tell.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#10 Jan 9, 2013
Why would anyone want higher taxes? What is wrong with you people?
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#11 Jan 9, 2013
I am sure you can. Just remember, it could be you!

Hey wait, it is YOU too.

You drink it- wastewater and stormwater mixed together. mm good!

You pay for it- Conservation- don't water the lawn, we have to flow the water into the middle of the street so cars can crash. Don't worry, about damages, or money, the taxpayer will pick up the tab. No problem!

Traffic- Who cares?
Crime- Who cares?
Freedom? Who cares?
Justice- Who cares?
Mental health- Who cares?
Downstream impact studies required by law? Who cares?
Fraud? Who cares?
Homeownership? Who cares?
Water? Who cares?
Taxdollars? Who cares?
WSA fees? Who cares?
Ethics? Who cares?
Morals? Who cares?
Perception? Who cares?
Maps? Who cares?
PAPER? Who cares?
Laws? Who cares?
The constitution? Who cares?

Just wait til those who don't learn there homes can't be rebuilt either. Oops they forgot to tell you this. You will get this data in a few months.

The public loves Mud Pies! Butterfingers! Mmm, mmm good!
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#12 Jan 9, 2013
bigdave, they think if they don't know it won't hurt them.
As one neighbor told me, I don't want to know my land has been reduced to zero. I would rather not know.

On the one hand, I do understand. I wish I didn't know.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#13 Jan 9, 2013
formerresident wrote:
bigdave, they think if they don't know it won't hurt them.
As one neighbor told me, I don't want to know my land has been reduced to zero. I would rather not know.
On the one hand, I do understand. I wish I didn't know.
Didn't know what?
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#14 Jan 9, 2013
You are too funny!

Location hidden

#15 Jan 10, 2013
formerresident wrote:
Nobody wants higher taxes, but you want services, and when it costs you a dollar, so that you save ten, it is sensible. What is illogical, is to spend ten, so that you don't have to spend a dollar.
Please show/list the more services. All I see is another park,foot path,guards rails, another library,some new street lights & stoplights & on & on. Where are all of the services TW keeps telling you is the reason for higher taxes.
Hell the state of Cal. said they couldn't afford to build more jails so they were going to change some of the laws.
We need to send TW out there so he can tell them "just tax the people more & you can have the largest best new jail of any county in the US. It only takes $114 million in tax dollars & that's just to build it.

Douglasville, GA

#16 Jan 10, 2013
taxpayer 112 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show/list the more services. All I see is another park,foot path,guards rails, another library,some new street lights & stoplights & on & on. Where are all of the services TW keeps telling you is the reason for higher taxes.
Hell the state of Cal. said they couldn't afford to build more jails so they were going to change some of the laws.
We need to send TW out there so he can tell them "just tax the people more & you can have the largest best new jail of any county in the US. It only takes $114 million in tax dollars & that's just to build it.
All Douglas County needs is about 50 more ball parks, more fancy brick sidewalks, another 600 acre park and a new 150 million dollar county administration building. It is probably about time to build another court house by now. No end in sight.
Maybe they could leave a couple of hundred dollars in the pot to patch a few holes in the worst roads in America.
I was talking to some county employees which told me they haven't had a raise in 3 years.
Spending is out of control in this county.
Pay Attention

New York, NY

#17 Jan 10, 2013
All the parks, Courthouse and the Jail were all paid for via a SPLOST that was approved by the people. The Board of Commissioners gave folks a choice and they voted for everything you mentioned other than the "brick sidewalks" (you probably are referencing the City's sidewalks which the Commissioners have nothing to do with.

The Commissioners are spending money on roads in the County - and taxwhiner doesn't want that either. He wants the County to spend money on nothing that doesn't benefit him directly.

Besides, he posts only because he has unrequited love for Tom.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#18 Jan 10, 2013
Services? More meetings, to discuss open gov't, freedom and public safety.

Location hidden

#19 Jan 10, 2013
Pay Attention wrote:
All the parks, Courthouse and the Jail were all paid for via a SPLOST that was approved by the people. The Board of Commissioners gave folks a choice and they voted for everything you mentioned other than the "brick sidewalks" (you probably are referencing the City's sidewalks which the Commissioners have nothing to do with.
The Commissioners are spending money on roads in the County - and taxwhiner doesn't want that either. He wants the County to spend money on nothing that doesn't benefit him directly.
Well pray tell if what you say is true in that fantasy world you live in.
Please tell us what they use the millage rate increase & property value increase (higher taxes) for. What is the budget raised in all years (except TW's election years) & the years they raise the above mentioned for.
Even this year they are raising the property values (tax increase) after TW's election you know.
O yes you people that say well it just a penny (SPLOST) kill me with your crap of you voted for it. Most voters don't read because they say hell itís just a penny, duh!!!!
Or are you saying they new what they were voting for & are really dumb enough to rase there own taxes each time duh!!!
Thats not what they said for the T-SPLOST now is it.

Douglasville, GA

#20 Jan 10, 2013
Pay Attention wrote:
I know all that! The last time I checked SPLOST was a tax. Quit trying to make excuses for all the spending.
I was making a point of all the money that is spent on crap and the city is just as guilty as the county. Both are being mismanaged at a time when money is very tight as tax revenues are down but they keep spending on things that we don't need or want.
The county and city just keep coming up with plans to keep spending on anything that they want. They act as if they have a trillion dollar limit on a credit card.
If the county buys one more parcel of land for another park I am going to pull out what little hair I still have. You know the story. But the KIDs....,We want to Beautify...., We Need Better.... What about the adult taxpayers that have to pay for all this stuff? Just look around you. It is as if they ran out of ideas of how to spend more money and started looking in the ads that come in the mail to spend our money. Look at the surrounding counties and what they have done with the taxpayers money. They have many things to show for their tax dollars. Nice new roads is just one thing. Ride around Cobb County and check out their police, fire, and park services.Look at little Paulding County and the way they laid their roads and shopping areas out. Douglas has no planning and is a dump located on crowded outdated areas and roads. Tom is the money man and thinks spending money makes him look as if he is doing something important. He should try to start managing our money better and slow down on the projects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr Chopper Read 55,602
An independent $38,000 pay study 2 hr please 3
Sam Davis and the homestead exemption 3 hr Robin Hood 1
Crossroads Church 4 hr reality 69
Douglasville=Homelessville 23 hr of course 6
Brookmont subdivision (Feb '10) Fri Raymond 89
What is the mayor up to? Thu well 2
•••

Douglasville News Video

•••
Douglasville Dating

more search filters

less search filters