Why isn't there a WHITE history month?

Posted in the Douglasville Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Just Sayin

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jan 24, 2011
As we all know, February is the official black history month. Why is there not a month set aside to reflect on white history?

Since: Dec 10

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jan 24, 2011
because it would be racist
SlapAWhiteySense less

Duluth, GA

#3 Jan 24, 2011
Just Sayin wrote:
As we all know, February is the official black history month. Why is there not a month set aside to reflect on white history?
Dude? Seriously? Don't you know that without blacks there would be NO America? They built it all while old white men sat around making laws and stuff to keep the brothers down. Whites steal everything they got, so blacks have to steal it back and teach you a lesson. They aint hardly no white boy gangs cause they all scared of blacks. White boys can only fight with a laptop an lawyers. White History month should have great whites in History like Manson, Dahmer an Hitler. Yall aint got nothin to be proud of an any whites think they got a right to pride are racist. No white in America will ever be allowed to hold they head up cause we all know it will make them more racist than now.
NWO

Douglasville, GA

#4 Jan 24, 2011
Baby Mommaa wrote:
So what does that make Black History Month?

Atlanta, GA

#5 Jan 24, 2011
NWO wrote:
<quoted text>
So what does that make Black History Month?
exactly! Buttttttttt for some reason its different ?!?!
NWO

Acworth, GA

#6 Jan 24, 2011
Baby Mommaa wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly! Buttttttttt for some reason its different ?!?!
No it is not but some would like you to think it is.
Bocephus

Dallas, GA

#7 Jan 24, 2011
Why not have American History Month?
NWO

Douglasville, GA

#8 Jan 25, 2011
Bocephus wrote:
Why not have American History Month?
Great idea. Too few Americans actually know American History.
AnAmerican

Atlanta, GA

#9 Jan 25, 2011
Why is there any month of history devoted to just one race. In my eyes I think a black history month or a white history month just keeps racism alive and thriving. White Americans and Black Americans have been getting along for over 40 years now. There will always be ignorant idiots that are white and that are black, that will want to point out that they believe the opposing races majority still hates them. These people are the ones keeping racism alive. I believe in America. Screw color labeling. Everybody that lives here (legally) deserves equal rights. No colleges for whites only or blacks only. Whites screwed up in the past, but giving black Americans scholorships and free rides is only crippling our youth, white and black, in the long run.

Atlanta, GA

#10 Jan 25, 2011
i was being sarcastic i know its not different
Dville

Peachtree City, GA

#11 Jan 25, 2011
SlapAWhiteySenseless wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude? Seriously? Don't you know that without blacks there would be NO America? They built it all while old white men sat around making laws and stuff to keep the brothers down. Whites steal everything they got, so blacks have to steal it back and teach you a lesson. They aint hardly no white boy gangs cause they all scared of blacks. White boys can only fight with a laptop an lawyers. White History month should have great whites in History like Manson, Dahmer an Hitler. Yall aint got nothin to be proud of an any whites think they got a right to pride are racist. No white in America will ever be allowed to hold they head up cause we all know it will make them more racist than now.
And as always you show your ignorance.....Oh yes we do have something to be proud of...we are not black.....
Whitey

Clarkston, GA

#12 Jan 25, 2011
Baby Mommaa wrote:
AMEN
kitkat

Lakehurst, NJ

#13 Jan 29, 2011
There's nothing wrong with having a White history month. I think everyone needs to stop complaining about "Why don't we have a White History Month" and go out and make one. All of this stuff starts somewhere. If you are really interested in having it, stop bitching and go make it happen!
kitkat

Lakehurst, NJ

#14 Jan 29, 2011
SlapAWhiteySenseless wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a crazy black bigot.
Grob Hahn

Duluth, GA

#15 Jan 29, 2011
kitkat wrote:
There's nothing wrong with having a White history month. I think everyone needs to stop complaining about "Why don't we have a White History Month" and go out and make one. All of this stuff starts somewhere. If you are really interested in having it, stop bitching and go make it happen!
Wrong, it will be called racism. Try to express ANYHING positive about white people and you will be shouted down as a racist. White history month? You're dreaming.
Grobbbbbbbb
General Lee

Dallas, GA

#16 Jan 29, 2011
The same would be said if there was a NAAWP, or NAAHP, or NAANAIP.
Just me

Collinsville, IL

#17 Feb 2, 2011
I believe that as American we have come very far, but not quite far enough. Heck on MLK day I was called a "n****r." I do belive that having a month set aside for only blacks is a bit bias, but imagine if March was white history. People would say its racist only because it's different from what they know. People are afraid of change when it seems that it may affect even their feelings. An American history month would be perfect for us to learn things no1 taught us in school. Though time, influence, & good people have helped to weed out most racist. Racism is still alive in some parts but only stems from ignorance n & all around ignorant people. Blacks against white n vice versa. LGO "life goes on" :) && we'll continue to accept each other regardless of color with the exception of the ignorant.. Who cares about a silly month...
anon

Duluth, GA

#18 Feb 2, 2011
If you haven't noticed, Black History Month is fading fast. Even blacks are tired of hearing the same old show every year.
dr zeus

Duluth, GA

#19 Feb 2, 2011
anon wrote:
If you haven't noticed, Black History Month is fading fast. Even blacks are tired of hearing the same old show every year.
The're not tired of hearing it, they just don't care. They don't teach the same type of pride in the home anymore.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#20 Feb 2, 2011
did anyone catch the interview with morgan freeman and a fox commentator not to far back. it was enlightening.
the interviewer asked morgan, do you celebrate black history month. morgan replied. no, there should be no black history month. only american history month. he went on to say if i were jewish, why would ther not be a jewish history month. he then asked the interviewer, who happened to be white, would you want a white history month. the interviewer said no. it would not be right. morgan replied, so should be black history month.
now if i can only find the interview. i think it would shut down a lot of "thinkers" in here.
a predominant black man, excellent actor and human being by the way, saying, black history month should be gotten rid of in favor of american history month. poetic. awesome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
emergency down hwy 5 Friday afternoon 21 min Reasonable Person 2
only a man 1 hr secert lover 1
DC Schools Top Administrators Raises 3 hr Douglas Native Voter 7
Town Hall Meeting--Gang Problem Will Be Discussed (Apr '07) 18 hr Concerned 44
I'm the Chief of Police (Nov '14) May 21 Sheboygan 48
does your scammer live at 108 Crockett Court. ... (Dec '11) May 21 Edward 37
For the supporters of the criminal Womack May 20 Old Friend 15
More from around the web

Douglasville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE