Suicide at Hwy 5 Kmart
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SgW

Douglasville, GA

#1 Sep 26, 2008
Anyone know why a lady killed herself after being pulled over by police on Hwy 5 at the Kmart yesterday? Who was she and why? What could have been that bad?

Since: Jul 07

Douglasville

#2 Sep 26, 2008
didn't hear about this, very sad indeed

Since: Jul 08

Douglasville

#3 Sep 26, 2008
How did you hear about this? I haven't heard anything about it. Was it on the news? What a tragedy.
SGW

Douglasville, GA

#4 Sep 26, 2008
My sister works on Hwy 5 and called to tell me about it. I asked my husband to confirm through his contacts and he said yes it was true but he didn't know any details.
SGW

Douglasville, GA

#5 Sep 26, 2008
She apparently shot herself before the officer could approach her vehicle.
David

United States

#6 Sep 26, 2008
maybe she was WANTED or didnt want to pay the fine.
David

United States

#7 Sep 26, 2008
what if the cop shot her and claimed it to be suicide?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#8 Sep 27, 2008
I work at KFC across the street. I was walking across the street after I got off work and saw the car being pulled over by a police officer and had to actually walk around it. When I heard the shot I also could hear the bullet wizz right past me.

I'm thankful it didn't hit me. It was a pretty scary moment. Its a shame she did that.
whyus

Winder, GA

#9 Sep 27, 2008
David wrote:
what if the cop shot her and claimed it to be suicide?
Listen to the svanner approx. 12:40 you can hear what the cop had to say.

Douglasville

#10 Sep 27, 2008
Thrift wrote:
I work at KFC across the street. I was walking across the street after I got off work and saw the car being pulled over by a police officer and had to actually walk around it. When I heard the shot I also could hear the bullet wizz right past me.
I'm thankful it didn't hit me. It was a pretty scary moment. Its a shame she did that.
Thank God you are fine. I still haven't seen any of this on the news. Usually, when anyting "bad" happens in Douglas county, we see it on the the news right away.
David

United States

#11 Sep 28, 2008
I say the cop shot her when she refused to show him her drivers license
Concerned in Douglasville

Douglasville, GA

#12 Sep 28, 2008
I was in the Kmart parking lot within about 15 minutes after this happened. I heard the police say that they had the entire event on video. The lady was pulled over for an expired tag, and as the officer came up to her car she pulled out a gun and killed herself. It wasn't exactly in front of Kmart, it was over more towards the mexican restaurant. They had it roped off for more than an hour. She had a pretty little red car. They covered up the windshield for a good while with white cloth. Evidently they took her body out by one EMS vehicle and then eventually hauled the red car off on a different vehicle.
This is so sad and it saddened everyone in the entire shopping center, from one end to the other. She must have been wanted for something, or else been terminally depressed. The Sheriff's office had officers on the scene. I'm not sure why it didn't make it into the press but it was very intense and really affected everyone who understood what had happened.

Since: Feb 08

Douglasville, Georgia

#13 Sep 28, 2008
Concerned Bill Arp Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God you are fine. I still haven't seen any of this on the news. Usually, when anyting "bad" happens in Douglas county, we see it on the the news right away.
Yes, this didn't make it on the news, but the first thing they had on this morning was how people in DC are tying up the 911 lines asking about locations for gas....in a later report they finally admitted 911 centers all over Atlanta were getting calls, but there we go again getting singled out.
ANON

Marietta, GA

#14 Sep 29, 2008
I'm so sorry this woman felt so badly she she felt she had to shoot herself. I hope her family can get some answers as to her state of mind.

Douglasville

#15 Sep 29, 2008
elementaryhistoryteacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, this didn't make it on the news, but the first thing they had on this morning was how people in DC are tying up the 911 lines asking about locations for gas....in a later report they finally admitted 911 centers all over Atlanta were getting calls, but there we go again getting singled out.
Glad to hear about the later report. I didn't see that.

Douglasville

#16 Sep 29, 2008
elementaryhistoryteacher wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, we were talking about you the other day at work. A friend of mine figured out who I am by reading my postings. We were discussing people who post on here and several people mentioned that they always enjoy reading your comments.
mama mia

Soddy Daisy, TN

#17 Sep 29, 2008
SgW wrote:
Anyone know why a lady killed herself after being pulled over by police on Hwy 5 at the Kmart yesterday? Who was she and why? What could have been that bad?
Anyone have a name or age yet?
mama mia

Soddy Daisy, TN

#18 Sep 29, 2008
does anyone have a name or age yet? This is so sad. May God be with her family.
Mama Mia

Soddy Daisy, TN

#19 Sep 30, 2008
Still wondering who the woman was that killed herself?

Since: Jan 08

Douglasville, GA

#20 Sep 30, 2008
Concerned Bill Arp Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I listen to the scanner most days ( scandouglas.com ) and there are a lot of sad/bad things that happen and that never get reported.

I was listening the day this happened and it was really upsetting to me, and I was no where near it. I feel terrible for this families loss.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No SPLOSH for Foxhole 3 hr Tolerman 56
Winston Baseball 6 & Under Fall Ball Rules Wed anon 3
Police Scanner Wed RadioGeek 5
Dr. Kamal Kabakibou Atlanta GA (Feb '12) Jun 28 Raymond 29
Review: Deya's Dominican Hair Salon (Aug '11) Jun 23 Ellen 19
Douglas County Public Safety Alert Jun 22 Henry 20
D & B Pharmacy busted for illegal DRUGS 2 (Nov '11) Jun 21 Unknown 10

Douglasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance