Need a Church in West Douglas County...

Need a Church in West Douglas County Ga. Who should we visit?

Posted in the Douglasville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Simple Question

Jonesboro, GA

#1 Oct 24, 2007
Where is the best place to worship in West Douglas, East Carroll, or South Paulding Co. for me and my family to attend real loving church services. We know there are no perfect church's, but we want a church that we can love and a church that can love us. Due to a unnamed "leader" at the G B C, we want nothing to do with any church affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Convention please. So please let us know of a spiritually GOD lead church.
mini mouse

Dayton, OH

#2 Oct 24, 2007
That's gonna be a tough one.........
BTs at D

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Oct 24, 2007
mini mouse wrote:
That's gonna be a tough one.........
Don"t know if it was ment to be . But that was the funniest thing I have read in many moons
Happy

Atlanta, GA

#4 Oct 25, 2007
Try FBC Fairburn. It's worth the drive down 92.
desperate2get-ou t

Hialeah, FL

#5 Oct 25, 2007
I have two sets of friends who attend Westridge and they love it http://www.westridge.com/about/

As for me and my family we are still looking for a Church home. We are actually plannign to visit a new Church this Sunday.

Since: Oct 07

Upstate NY

#6 Oct 25, 2007
I have visited many churches in the area,
I liked West Metro Church of God (awesome kids ministry & music), Shepherd of the Hills UMC (awesome worship; sermon & music) and I heard great things about Midway Macedonia Baptist
Church.

There is so much variety in the area: denominations, worship styles, and ministry focus - it may be good to discover what ministries your family might want to be serve in (foreign, local, sports, seniors, youth, etc) and then look for a home church that has the same call or mission.

Of course,only God knows the best place for you - pray about it, the right place may be the last place you would imagine!
Well Now

Newnan, GA

#7 Oct 25, 2007
Looking for a good church. Good Luck!
Sharona

Douglasville, GA

#9 Oct 27, 2007
Pleasant Grove Baptist Church is not affiliated with the GBC and is a real loving church with the love of Christ and has a great pastor that preaches the truth.
Sharona

Douglasville, GA

#10 Oct 27, 2007
It is located on Angham rd in Hiram.7702221958
just visiting

United States

#11 Oct 28, 2007
visit this website www.newmttop.org
just visiting

United States

#12 Oct 28, 2007
view www.newmttop.org
Simple Question wrote:
Where is the best place to worship in West Douglas, East Carroll, or South Paulding Co. for me and my family to attend real loving church services. We know there are no perfect church's, but we want a church that we can love and a church that can love us. Due to a unnamed "leader" at the G B C, we want nothing to do with any church affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Convention please. So please let us know of a spiritually GOD lead church.
Well Now

Newnan, GA

#13 Oct 31, 2007
Simple Question wrote:
See, I told you this was going to be tough. Only 5 church postings since you asked this last week! I guess there aren't that many people who like their church :(
stay_away

Hialeah, FL

#14 Oct 31, 2007
I can tell you to definitely stay away from D'ville First United Methodist. That Church is so incredibly snobby and cliquey. They even have a Sunday School Class called "The Clic Class" it stands for Couples Living in Christ but let me tell you they definitely lived up to their "Clique" name/image and not so much the Christ-like image!
mini mouse

Dayton, OH

#15 Oct 31, 2007
Well Now wrote:
<quoted text>See, I told you this was going to be tough. Only 5 church postings since you asked this last week! I guess there aren't that many people who like their church :(
No, actually I said "That's gonna be a tough one........."
Well Now

Newnan, GA

#17 Oct 31, 2007
mini mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually I said "That's gonna be a tough one........."
I kind of said it too ( or implied your same comment) with my "Good Luck". Sorry for stealing your thunder :) But, the fact remain - "WE" told ya so :)
mini mouse

Dayton, OH

#18 Oct 31, 2007
Well Now wrote:
<quoted text> I kind of said it too ( or implied your same comment) with my "Good Luck". Sorry for stealing your thunder :) But, the fact remain - "WE" told ya so :)
LOL, NP, I knew what you were saying, I just wanted to blog in on you.:)
Gracielou Freebush

Lilburn, GA

#19 Oct 31, 2007
stay_away wrote:
I can tell you to definitely stay away from D'ville First United Methodist. That Church is so incredibly snobby and cliquey. They even have a Sunday School Class called "The Clic Class" it stands for Couples Living in Christ but let me tell you they definitely lived up to their "Clique" name/image and not so much the Christ-like image!
Yes, I visited FUM once and had a horrible experience. No one spoke to me and the people I shared a pew with looked at me like I had committed a crime for daring to sit at the end of THEIR pew. The following week the assistant pastor called (I had filled out a visitor card)and I told him how bad my experience was. He attributed it to the congregation being so large and suggested I might like a smaller church such as Shepherd of the Hills.
Gracielou Freebush

Lilburn, GA

#20 Oct 31, 2007
Well Now wrote:
<quoted text>See, I told you this was going to be tough. Only 5 church postings since you asked this last week! I guess there aren't that many people who like their church :(
Many of my friends and co-workers go to Crossroads on Stewart Parkway by the Post Office. They all love it but I haven't tried it yet.
Well Now

Newnan, GA

#21 Oct 31, 2007
Gracielou Freebush wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I visited FUM once and had a horrible experience. No one spoke to me and the people I shared a pew with looked at me like I had committed a crime for daring to sit at the end of THEIR pew. The following week the assistant pastor called (I had filled out a visitor card)and I told him how bad my experience was. He attributed it to the congregation being so large and suggested I might like a smaller church such as Shepherd of the Hills.
Sounds familiar to someone else's church here on TOPIX (PMBC)

Since: Oct 07

Upstate NY

#22 Oct 31, 2007
Well Now wrote:
The glass is half full! I count 7, I know there were 3 in mine alone. Pray about it. God knows what church is best for you & your family.

I never would have thought I would belong to a church that did not have traditional style worship - and I just love my church - contemporary worship and all.

I am praying for you to find a church home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
54% increase in your trash pick-up 10/1 1 hr short stuf 2
Hot water heater question ... 4 hr taxpayer 112 6
Chickfila Sun Unrepentant rebel 1
New Superintendent for DCSS Sat Tolerman 47
Animal clicking noise? (Jan '13) Sep 22 Tolerman 36
carl sweet (Jun '12) Sep 16 Robbed 4
Honest opinions Sep 15 taxpayer 112 4

Douglasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance