Who was the most famous person you've...
Auntie Aann

Paradise Valley, AZ

#21 Jan 9, 2010
Cooked for Kenney G, ZZ Top, Metallica, Whitney Houston (who was a Biatch) Chippendale Dancers,
Sid Ceasar

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#22 Jan 9, 2010
BTs at D!
Only a few

Dallas, GA

#23 Jan 9, 2010
I met Michael Stipe ( REM) and Mike Mills. Stipe was beyond rude, but Mills was awesome and down to earth. I also met one of the Hall and Oats guys at my cousins wedding. I can't remember which one regarding name but he was the short one with dark hair and moustache. I also met Kevin Cogan, an Indy driver in the 80's.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#24 Jan 9, 2010
Only a few wrote:
I I also met one of the Hall and Oats guys at my cousins wedding. I can't remember which one regarding name but he was the short one with dark hair and moustache.
John Oates.

“Bipartisanship at last!”

Since: Aug 08

bout time!

#25 Jan 9, 2010
Ted Turner, Jane Fonda, Julia Ormond and Dom Delaise
Bill in Dville

Athens, GA

#26 Jan 10, 2010
Bob Seger and Charlie Martin (drummer).

Roger Moore (2nd best James Bond).

Several pro sports guys.

Whole bunch of country music stars (too many to name) at Mandalay Bay several year ago. Very friendly group. Amazing what makeup can do for some people on TV: Kid Rock, one of the guys from Alabama, one of the guys from Brooks and Dunn, etc.

Locally (Atlanta area): Manuel Maloof (RIP) and Michael Lomax and several people on the Fulton and DeKalb County Boards of Commissioners. Some world famous doctors (no names). Hamilton Holmes (Holmes Drive by the MARTA station is named for him), the first black student at UGa med school.

Locally: EHT and Synergy. Classy women.
Grob Hahn

Duluth, GA

#27 Jan 10, 2010
I met Tommy Shaw at a keg party in Wetumpka Alabummer back in the 70s. I was sitting on a military gun in front of the armory smoking a joint (sue me) when he walked up and talked for a bit. Some buddies came up and hung out for a little while, talking, then Mr Shaw went inside. My buddies asked how I knew him. I said that I didn't. Then they told me who he was!
Grobbbbbbbbb

Since: Aug 09

Statham, GA

#28 Jan 10, 2010
Louis L'Amour. Like talking to your favorite uncle. I think I'll be rereading one of his books the day I die. Met John Travolta and was glad my office was only one floor away.

Since: Aug 09

Statham, GA

#29 Jan 10, 2010
oh....Met JT on an elevator in a Arts Center in Philly. sorry
Dylen

United States

#30 Jan 10, 2010
Bill in Dville wrote:
Bob Seger and Charlie Martin (drummer).
Roger Moore (2nd best James Bond).
Several pro sports guys.
Whole bunch of country music stars (too many to name) at Mandalay Bay several year ago. Very friendly group. Amazing what makeup can do for some people on TV: Kid Rock, one of the guys from Alabama, one of the guys from Brooks and Dunn, etc.
Locally (Atlanta area): Manuel Maloof (RIP) and Michael Lomax and several people on the Fulton and DeKalb County Boards of Commissioners. Some world famous doctors (no names). Hamilton Holmes (Holmes Drive by the MARTA station is named for him), the first black student at UGa med school.
Locally: EHT and Synergy. Classy women.
did you wash your hands after shaking hands with hamilton homes? he probably has his hands around his pecker right before he met you

Since: Jul 08

Douglasville

#31 Jan 10, 2010
Janis Joplan, I waited on her tables(plural)she had about 20 people with her and they played musical tables, Didn't think I would ever get the right food to the right people. Oh yeh she sat and brushed and flips all that hair around a lot, I wasn't too impressed with her.

Since: Mar 08

where I hang my hat

#32 Jan 10, 2010
ric flair and brian pillman at a bar in philadelphia. Long and wild night.

Since: Sep 09

Douglasville, GA

#33 Jan 10, 2010
Jason Isaacs who plays Lucius Malfoy in the HP movies. Actually my husband and I went with some friends and other fans of his to Myrtle Beach and watched him play in a charity golf tournament. He is undoubtly the most humble person I have ever met. Loved listening to his British accent but uses the F word often. We also met Darius Rucker of Hootie and the Blowfish...really nice man and D.B. Sweeney who was drunk as a skunk need I say more.
I have met and sat by Randy Owen of singing group Alabama.....he was present at a great many Jacksonville State University football games(our daughter attended college there and played with the Southners...sorry bragging alittle here.)
We have met James Brown at Six Flags over GA years ago. He and his "guards" were walking through the park saying hi to everyone.
When I was a kid(long long ago) Lester Maddox and
George Wallace.
Bill in Dville

Athens, GA

#34 Jan 10, 2010
Dylen wrote:
<quoted text>
did you wash your hands after shaking hands with hamilton homes? he probably has his hands around his pecker right before he met you
How would you know? Did he replace your hands?

Grow up.
Only a few

Dallas, GA

#35 Jan 10, 2010
I forgot that i also met Kenny Rogers and Dottie West. Both were class acts and very nice and down to earth. I met Isaac Hays daughter who was a dancer for James Brown, too. She was very nice as well. I think thats it. This is a fun post, btw. I enjoy reading all the posts. ( except the asshole one about someones hand etc...)
Guess Me

Lilburn, GA

#36 Jan 11, 2010
MSO4 :)
Robin

Dallas, GA

#37 Jan 11, 2010
The little boy who played Barry on Close Encounters of the Third Kind. (I think his real name is Carey Guffey). He and his mother were behind us in line at the KMart on Hwy. 5. (He is originally from Douglasville). We were both maybe 6 or 7 at the time.
suesum

Villa Rica, GA

#38 Jan 11, 2010
Carey Guffey lived in my neighborhood growing up. He was a really quiet, shy kid...wonder where he is now...hmmm.
Christy

Douglasville, GA

#39 Jan 11, 2010
I met Howard Lyman (author & vegan) and listened to him give a speech a few years ago. He's the guy who was sued along with Oprah Winfrey back quite a few years ago.
Kindred Spirit

Douglasville, GA

#40 Jan 11, 2010
Oh my gosh! Bobby Sherman in those leather pants! Julie, Julie do you love me!!!(Goosebumps) Bobby Sherman was my first crush, too! I had his "Tiger Beat" pics all over my bedroom wall! Then came David Cassidy! He's still cute! Yep, weren't Saturday mornings fun back then!
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
I loved all those...Here Comes the Brides, Bobby Sherman was my first crush, then Davy Jones, Jack Wild from H.R. Puffenstuff...now that was good tv

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It ain't right 32 min lol 9
Mill Glen Subdivision/ Stewart Mill Rd. 2 hr Cornerned Neighbor 5
foxhall 2 hr Taxpayer1 3
Kimberly Kay 17 hr Dianne 12
does your scammer live at 108 Crockett Court. ... (Dec '11) Sun Leyla 38
It's time for the middle-class to make a comeback! Sun ChicknButt 48
sad day in america Sun ChicknButt 89
More from around the web

Douglasville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE