Who was the most famous person you've...

Who was the most famous person you've met?

Posted in the Douglasville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Dec 08

AOL

#1 Jan 8, 2010
I would have to say that Dr. Albert Einstein was the most famous person I've met. I grew up on eastern Long Island, NY and Einstein spent two summers in a rental cottage less than a half mile from where we lived. I was a pre-teen at the time and have been kicking myself since, for not getting his autograph.
Crabapple

Lithonia, GA

#2 Jan 8, 2010
I met Famous Amos of the Chocolate Chip Cookie world a few years ago at a Literacy Volunteers convention in Rochester NY. He was a quite nice fellow and was working as a fund raising mascot for the Literacy Volunteers, who teach illiterate people to read and write.
I've met a bunch of other famous people but most of them (like Dr. Joyce Brothers, for example) were boring or full of themselves.
I did get to chat for an hour with Frank Zappa once as he was waiting on a ride at the University of Tennessee. He was interesting.
Synergy

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Jan 8, 2010
Crabapple wrote:
I met Famous Amos of the Chocolate Chip Cookie world a few years ago at a Literacy Volunteers convention in Rochester NY. He was a quite nice fellow and was working as a fund raising mascot for the Literacy Volunteers, who teach illiterate people to read and write.
I've met a bunch of other famous people but most of them (like Dr. Joyce Brothers, for example) were boring or full of themselves.
I did get to chat for an hour with Frank Zappa once as he was waiting on a ride at the University of Tennessee. He was interesting.
Talking with Zappa had to be interesting. Can you let us in on some of the conversation?
Synergy

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Jan 8, 2010
Sorry about the double post. Don't know what happened.
catwoman

Memphis, TN

#5 Jan 9, 2010
lew holt-he was a disgusting individual
baglad

Lithonia, GA

#6 Jan 9, 2010
baglad bhanginwit andrewyoung&jay-z
hopin2meet diddy&oprah &timburners-lee b4baglad croke
Puddleglum

Cleveland, GA

#7 Jan 9, 2010
Hal Lindsey ( Spent a week with him in Israel) Tim LaHay, Merrill Unger, Jerry Falwell, Dave Hunt - these are people Christians would know. I have seen others but I met and talked to these.

On the secular side: Jimmy Hendrix, George Bush Sr., Pat Buchanan, Mr.T, Senator Bob Corker, Zell Miller, Gov. Roy Barnes, Sergeant York's son Andrew. This is all I can think of off the top of my head.
debby

United States

#8 Jan 9, 2010
in my profession, i met a few but i considered them no more 'famous' than the bum on the street without a name. that is b/c they are. all equal. all equal to judgement from the maker who makes all equal.
cold as hell

Memphis, TN

#9 Jan 9, 2010
baglad wrote:
baglad bhanginwit andrewyoung&jay-z
hopin2meet diddy&oprah &timburners-lee b4baglad croke
why dont you call obama and offer him some head?you can be the black monica lewensky

Since: Jul 07

Douglasville

#10 Jan 9, 2010
ok...here's one for you...Donny Osmond. I can hear the moans from here
yfzracer258

Atlanta, GA

#11 Jan 9, 2010
When in the military I met Ronald Regan. One great man !!!
General Lee

Villa Rica, GA

#12 Jan 9, 2010
Mugsy wrote:
Oh, I've got one better...John Schneider (Dukes of Hazard). He was one fine hotttie in the early 80s and my pre-teen idol. Yee haw!
General Lee

Villa Rica, GA

#13 Jan 9, 2010
Mugsy wrote:
P.S. Mugsy, believe it or not, I loved Donny and Marie, too, back then. Had the Barbie dolls with purple jumpsuits and everything. Donny and Marie, Charlie's Angels, and Wonder Woman (Linda Carter) were the bomb!
Kindred Spirit

Douglasville, GA

#14 Jan 9, 2010
Okay, man, you've GOT to give us ALL the details of meeting Hendrix!
Puddleglum wrote:
Hal Lindsey ( Spent a week with him in Israel) Tim LaHay, Merrill Unger, Jerry Falwell, Dave Hunt - these are people Christians would know. I have seen others but I met and talked to these.
On the secular side: Jimmy Hendrix, George Bush Sr., Pat Buchanan, Mr.T, Senator Bob Corker, Zell Miller, Gov. Roy Barnes, Sergeant York's son Andrew. This is all I can think of off the top of my head.
Kindred Spirit

Douglasville, GA

#15 Jan 9, 2010
...and Bobby Sherman, the Partridge Family, Brady Bunch, Gilligans Island, Bewitched, Million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman and the Monkeys! I LOVED Charlie's Angels and Wonder Woman!!! Oh yeah - H.R. Puffenstuff!!!
General Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S. Mugsy, believe it or not, I loved Donny and Marie, too, back then. Had the Barbie dolls with purple jumpsuits and everything. Donny and Marie, Charlie's Angels, and Wonder Woman (Linda Carter) were the bomb!

Since: Jul 07

Douglasville

#16 Jan 9, 2010
Kindred Spirit wrote:
...and Bobby Sherman, the Partridge Family, Brady Bunch, Gilligans Island, Bewitched, Million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman and the Monkeys! I LOVED Charlie's Angels and Wonder Woman!!! Oh yeah - H.R. Puffenstuff!!!
<quoted text>
I loved all those...Here Comes the Brides, Bobby Sherman was my first crush, then Davy Jones, Jack Wild from H.R. Puffenstuff...now that was good tv
Puddleglum

Jefferson, GA

#17 Jan 9, 2010
Kindred Spirit wrote:
Okay, man, you've GOT to give us ALL the details of meeting Hendrix!
<quoted text>
My wife and I waited at the back of the old Civic Center for him to come out after his concert there. He went straight to his limousine but stopped and talked to us and a black band that was standing there with us. It was very brief but my wife shook hands with him. It was casual conversation like, good to meet you, and he wanted to know the name of the black band etc.
Sam

Douglasville, GA

#18 Jan 9, 2010
James Quarterman as Fast and Friendly getting some booze.
A DC resident

Douglasville, GA

#19 Jan 9, 2010
Spent the day with William Buckley, Jr.
Ghost

Acworth, GA

#20 Jan 9, 2010
Mike Everson, you know - that deceiver Former Pastor from Prays Mill

what a dude he was...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was the Douglasville Parks and Rec Director fired? (Jun '10) 2 hr Djdjdjf 46
Happy Valley Baptist Church (Dec '10) Jul 27 Raymond 64
News Local officials react to a week of national vio... Jul 27 the truth 7
No SPLOSH for Foxhole Jul 27 Daniel 58
Need Replacement Windows (Jan '13) Jul 25 Elmer 28
Lithia Springs Music Forum (Nov '12) Jul 25 Musikologist 22
Property Tax Increase Jul 25 taxpayer 112 6

Douglasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance