King's Way Baptist Church
Pleade be more careful

Cantonment, FL

#269 Oct 29, 2013
what a shame wrote:
<quoted text> one of the victims was the financial secretary( which i think she liked the attention being a single lady) in fact the finances are under investigation due to the lavish life style BW lived using the churches money to do so. Also, other victims would include a college student, and two kindergarten school teachers at KWCS.
Please protect the identity of the victims. You have given enough information for any KW member to figure out who you are speaking of. Use more discretion for their sakes. They may not be reafy to be publicly identified, yet.
JEEZ

Birmingham, AL

#270 Oct 29, 2013
Freeatlast wrote:
<quoted text>
These accusations may be from 20 years ago but he's got some new ones to go right along with them. How many women do you think he counseled alone and tried to do things to them or did things to them? He's not as innocent as some May think! I'm not just someone who is looking in on the situation and making a comment. This is a cycle that has happened with these Hyles perverts that are out there. Jack Hyles himself had a minstress for years. You know what he said when confronted about it? You didn't see it happen did you? I read Bethany's story and I know Wininger personally and enough about him to know that his mannerisms never changed. He just picked up from one church and went to another. Just wait until people get brave enough to start letting their stories be known at KW!!!
And at this point no one has heard any accusations from KW.. That's all I said... Wow you seem to be looking for arguments. Jeez! No surprise
JEEZ

Birmingham, AL

#271 Oct 29, 2013
Jeri Massi wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, what difference does that make?
<quoted text>
Yea, speaking of chillin', try it.
You're hilarious... I didn't even take a 'side' in this ordeal, but yet you want to argue! Hmmm? People these days... Didn't say it made a difference one way or the other. Just stating that no one 'as of yet' has said anything or made any accusations from KW. Think you should just move on to your next argument...:)
juice

Douglasville, GA

#272 Oct 29, 2013
This whole thread seems to be a bunch of people dancing around a campfire but nobody knows if the fire is lit yet or not or who really has the matches.
Former Christian

Douglasville, GA

#273 Oct 29, 2013
Clarification wrote:
<quoted text>
I get where you are coming from, sir. Many abuses have been committed by "religious" people, and I redpect your right to believe what you wish. In fact I respect your resolve and honesty about your beliefs.
As far as rapist in Bible, take a look at Dt. 22:25-26
As far as a direct, clear statement against harming children (you are correct-Jesus' statements are in reference to disciples - good exegetical work, sir) the closest I found wad in reference to an unborn child in Ex. 21:22-24.
Your other observations require much more than a simple post can respond to. Thank you for the challenge. It is good for us to be challengef by someone who knows our book as well, if not better, than we do.
Hi Clarification. I am not the person you were replying to, but I thought I would chime in. I know our resident atheist has been quite an "angry atheist" on this board. While I agree with most of his posts, I think everyone else writes him off like he is crazy. Thank you for actually picking up your Bible and looking at the passages he cited. He is not making them up. They are in the Bible. I used to hear the phrase "you are taking them out of context", but I don't buy that excuse anymore. It is so clear to me now that the Bible was written by men and not God.

I would like to ask you to back up in Deuteronomy, and check out verses 23 and 24 of that same chapter. It gives clear instruction on what to do if a woman does not cry out while being raped in the city. She is to be stoned to death. How often do victims cry out for help? According to the Bible, they must do this even if they are frozen in fear, or they will be murdered. Obviously if someone doesn't cry out for help, they wanted it right? Does that sound like god or an iron age man talking? Supposedly the all powerful god of the universe is inspiring Moses to write this stuff down.

The passage that you quoted was when the rape happens in the country. They assumed that the woman did cry for help.

The passage that Atheos quoted earlier in this thread was Deut.22:28-29. It speaks about the rape of a non betrothed virgin. If that happens, the man must pay the father 50 shekels of silver, and then he gets to take her to be his wife. How would you like to marry your rapist? Women were only viewed as property during this time. Since the victim's father could not get the bride price for "used goods", the man was forced to pay it anyways. The previous two sections of rape were about a woman who was already betrothed. To rape a woman was not a violation of her person, but it was considered a violation of a man's property.

If you really want to get into the messed up things in the Bible, go back a little further to verses 13-21 in the same chapter. How did they prove they were a virgin? I guess most girls hoped they bled a lot on their wedding night, and then gave their parents the bloody sheet for safe keeping.
Question

Douglasville, GA

#274 Oct 29, 2013
People use churches, denominations, and religion to hide behind their indiscretions thinking and hoping nobody notices or cares.

Are we doing this because we all like to talk and gossip or because we cares.

Wilson

Douglasville, GA

#275 Oct 29, 2013
Jeri Massi wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, what difference does that make?
<quoted text>
Yea, speaking of chillin', try it.
Well, alright there, Hillary.
JEEZ

Birmingham, AL

#276 Oct 29, 2013
Wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, alright there, Hillary.
:)
hidden long enough

AOL

#278 Oct 29, 2013
My daughter was one of the victims at NSBC. She was 14 at the time. I didn't realize how far reaching this was! Did he have victims at Oliver Springs?

Since: Aug 10

Goldsboro, NC

#279 Oct 30, 2013
The Bill Wininger Scandal Makes the Cover of THE SENTINEL. It's time for victims and their families to start writing to the newspaper to express their side of this.

http://www.douglascountysentinel.com/news/loc...
LLiB

Douglasville, GA

#280 Oct 30, 2013
....and then there was this man using religion and hiding behind the name of Christ and the Bible to further his perversion and molest the young and innocent named Billy,

Now Billy did this as a young male and was suspected of it for years so he ran from the state of Michigan to Georgia and used the term "being called" in the ministry to a church in Georgia hoping no one would notice,

Now Billy did very well for years hiding his perversion because the Baptist have a faith called " Head in the Sand " diligence. They fail to check backgrounds and past because they think everyone trust them and they hate hard investigations of "the holy man or God's chosen. "

Now Billy built a pretty good empire, covered up his past well, and had great intentions and plans while running away from the real truth that Bill was in fact a molester,

What Billy did not know was, this silent ghost called "the Internet " was a following him,

And with "the internet" come possibilities and with those possibilities the truth came out about Bill,

Billy now has truth chasing him and so what can and does Bill do,

Billy Runs,
See Billy Run,
Run Billy Run......

Only thing Billy is, You can run but you can not hide from your past Billy because there is something always right behind you and others like you Billy called......" The Internet "

Right Billy
all in the family

Marietta, GA

#281 Oct 30, 2013
what a shame wrote:
<quoted text> PS: Iím not surprised by Nelson Goucherís response to Jerry Kaifetz. The many times my mom tried to call BW and speak with him, she had to go through Nelson Goucher (BWís secretary), and he hung up on her multiple times. He has been well-trained to keep silence.
one of the victims was the financial secretary( which i think she liked the attention being a single lady) in fact the finances are under investigation due to the lavish life style BW lived using the churches money to do so. Also, other victims would include a college student, and two kindergarten school teachers at KWCS.
It may be because Goucher is the brother in law of this financial secretary.
Fear

Douglasville, GA

#282 Oct 30, 2013
Iwantanswers wrote:
The staff there was fearful of his wrath.

This deserves being repeated, a thousand times.
LLiB

Douglasville, GA

#283 Oct 30, 2013
Fear wrote:
<quoted text>
This deserves being repeated, a thousand times.
Fear of what? Losing a job? Death? What was there to fear working at a church?

Exposing someone for deviant behavior and activities takes a backbone.
Frankie Lord

Villa Rica, GA

#284 Oct 30, 2013
LLiB wrote:
<quoted text>Fear of what? Losing a job? Death? What was there to fear working at a church?
Exposing someone for deviant behavior and activities takes a backbone.
I find it impossible to believe his wife had no idea. His children, if they were not molested, could have been fooled. But his wife must have known.
Denial

Fayetteville, GA

#285 Oct 30, 2013
Frankie Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it impossible to believe his wife had no idea. His children, if they were not molested, could have been fooled. But his wife must have known.
Denial is powerful. Especially when it is persuaded by love. To the pure, all things are pure.

Since: Oct 13

Atlanta, GA

#286 Oct 30, 2013
Apparently Bill Wininger has recently admitted to his family that the allegations are true. No further details have been given.
Disgusted

Tucker, GA

#287 Oct 30, 2013
Lets put it out there wrote:
Apparently Bill Wininger has recently admitted to his family that the allegations are true. No further details have been given.
Wish someone would let the idiots defending him know on the sentinel facebook page! With only one person, I could see why some would have doubts... But not this many! And so many people defending Dr Conway and all the others when they clearly knew....evil at its best
Barack Obuma

Douglasville, GA

#288 Oct 30, 2013
Frankie Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily. I know many men and women right now with back door hidden sins and if ever exposed, would it destroy many families and lives.

And I bet you do too.
Barack Obuma

Douglasville, GA

#289 Oct 30, 2013
Not necessarily. I know many men and women right now with back door hidden sins and if ever exposed, it would destroy many families and lives.

And I bet you do too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wolf in Sheeps Clothing 52 min taxpayer 112 6
Happy Thanksgiving 21 hr Tolerman 1
Lt. Bucky Attaway " Brother In Blue" (Aug '12) Wed Marilynyvonne 18
DCSO Bucky Attaway (May '12) Wed Marilynyvonne 136
News Douglasville City Council addresses homelessness Wed Homeless Dan 1
Animal clicking noise? (Jan '13) Tue Yvonne 38
Smyrna police car Nov 19 Barber 4

Douglasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance