jeriwho

Snellville, GA

#227 Oct 29, 2013
The Real Deal wrote:
<quoted text> That is so far away from the truth its ridiculous. You really should do more research before you bash people and slander them. You are by definition as far from a Christian as I have ever seen.
You can fix everything by posting the "real truth."
jeriwho

Snellville, GA

#228 Oct 29, 2013
Lets put it out there wrote:
<quoted text>
I am getting more info on this website than from the school! Still sad that it has taken this long to get another letter out there!
That's how the IFB works - secrecy
Interested Party

Douglasville, GA

#229 Oct 29, 2013
It is easy to sit here and judge what you don't know. I am a member at KWBC and children in the school. There is no secrecy. They are giving facts as they become known. Yes, we all want answers and we want them fast, but that is not how it works. When it is a He said She said situation the facts take time to figure out. Here in GA there are no allegations involving children. That is an important fact that needed to be found out and then communicated, which the school has done by sending the second letter. There are a lot of people talking and spreading their version of the "truth". I for one just want the facts and not speculation. For the absolute truth we may have to wait until we get to heaven since people tend to stretch the truth. It sounds as if this discussion is against IFB and that is not fair to judge our church by one mans sins! No one is perfect but I do feel that KWBC is being truthful but at the same time trying to find the facts. They do have a ministry to protect against lawsuits by the women as well as Mr. Wininger if they put information out there that is not true. I for one respect that they only give us facts and not gossip. I know I am putting myself out here to now be judged. Lucky for me I only care about God's judgement of me.
Truth

Douglasville, GA

#230 Oct 29, 2013
The only person who knows everything about Bill Wininger is God and Bill Wininger. The rest of us are piecing things together. Only recently is the family realizing the truth, astonished, as the victims are speaking out. The family has entered the beginning stages of grief.

Since: Aug 10

Raleigh, NC

#231 Oct 29, 2013
Interested Party wrote:
There is no secrecy.
And yet, many people with children enrolled in the school have not received the second letter.
Interested Party wrote:
Here in GA there are no allegations involving children.
Your church brought onto staff, into the role of pastor, in fact, a man known nationally to have hindered a police investigation in his previous church in Michigan. Blame had attached to his name. It doesn't matter if the people who selected him thought he was innocent. The fact that blame had attached to him disqualified him from being an elder/pastor. That's in the Bible. Why did your church make him a pastor?

1Ti_3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

Tit_1:7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;
Interested Party wrote:
No one is perfect but I do feel that KWBC is being truthful but at the same time trying to find the facts.
Your church has already hidden facts and has endangered the innocent by its secrecy. When Bill Wininger was being investigated THAT was a reason for the church to open an investigation of its own to keep the name of Jesus cleared. When Wininger made a faked attempt at suicide, your church had an obligation to confront him in public, remove him from office, and censure him under church discipline, not just let him resign. Your church owes it to all Christians to make this public so that Wininger can't land himself in some unsuspecting church where he is again in power.

1Ti_5:20 Them [referring to elders/pastors] that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Your church is in this scandal up to its neck. And what it needs is a session of open repentance and a commitment to change.
Time to TELL

Douglasville, GA

#232 Oct 29, 2013
Anyone who has information regarding Bill Wininger, whether you are an adult or a minor, whether you have witnessed inappropriate behavior, been treated inappropriately, or know of someone who has, please contact Shelly Foeller. She is very discreet and so understanding, she can explain how you can be a help, and how you can get the help you need.

Forget all this "consensual" talk. It isn't consensual when it's your counselor or authority. You need support and a friend that you can confide in. If you are willing to contact the police and make a report, go to them directly, but don't miss out on a wonderful friend!

Raleigh, NC

#233 Oct 29, 2013
How can people contact her? What is her contact information?

Raleigh, NC

#234 Oct 29, 2013
OK, according to both Bethany Foeller Leonard and Jonette Hucks Wix, King's Way Baptist has known about allegations of child sexual abuse regarding Bill Wininger since 2010. According to them, an assistant pastor told Wininger that he had learned of the allegations in MI. Wininger vehemently denied the allegations but later that night was found unconscious from a "suicide attempt". His family tried to keep that bit a secret.

Here is a link to the thread where they discuss it:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5805118020023...

Poor KWBC! You guys just can't manufacture lies fast enough to keep up with the truth that's getting out!

“Wess12”

Since: Dec 08

Douglasville

#236 Oct 29, 2013
Jeri Massi wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, many people with children enrolled in the school have not received the second letter.

Interested Party wrote, "Here in GA there are no allegations involving children."

Your church brought onto staff, into the role of pastor, in fact, a man known nationally to have hindered a police investigation in his previous church in Michigan. Blame had attached to his name. It doesn't matter if the people who selected him thought he was innocent. The fact that blame had attached to him disqualified him from being an elder/pastor. That's in the Bible. Why did your church make him a pastor?

1Ti_3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

Tit_1:7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;

Interested Party wrote, " No one is perfect but I do feel that KWBC is being truthful but at the same time trying to find the facts. "

Your church has already hidden facts and has endangered the innocent by its secrecy. When Bill Wininger was being investigated THAT was a reason for the church to open an investigation of its own to keep the name of Jesus cleared. When Wininger made a faked attempt at suicide, your church had an obligation to confront him in public, remove him from office, and censure him under church discipline, not just let him resign. Your church owes it to all Christians to make this public so that Wininger can't land himself in some unsuspecting church where he is again in power.

1Ti_5:20 Them [referring to elders/pastors] that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Your church is in this scandal up to its neck. And what it needs is a session of open repentance and a commitment to change.
You are so right! Thank you so much for speaking up for what's right with an intelligent response backed by scripture.
The Real Deal

Atlanta, GA

#237 Oct 29, 2013
Interested Party wrote:
It is easy to sit here and judge what you don't know. I am a member at KWBC and children in the school. There is no secrecy. They are giving facts as they become known. Yes, we all want answers and we want them fast, but that is not how it works. When it is a He said She said situation the facts take time to figure out. Here in GA there are no allegations involving children. That is an important fact that needed to be found out and then communicated, which the school has done by sending the second letter. There are a lot of people talking and spreading their version of the "truth". I for one just want the facts and not speculation. For the absolute truth we may have to wait until we get to heaven since people tend to stretch the truth. It sounds as if this discussion is against IFB and that is not fair to judge our church by one mans sins! No one is perfect but I do feel that KWBC is being truthful but at the same time trying to find the facts. They do have a ministry to protect against lawsuits by the women as well as Mr. Wininger if they put information out there that is not true. I for one respect that they only give us facts and not gossip. I know I am putting myself out here to now be judged. Lucky for me I only care about God's judgement of me.
You make way too much sense to be on this thread get ready for all the bashing from the HELL bound atheist on here.
Seamless

Douglasville, GA

#238 Oct 29, 2013
Anyone who attacks the integrity of people under Bill Wininger just doesn't know Bill Wininger.

Will the real Bill Wininger please stand up?
KW school parent

Douglasville, GA

#239 Oct 29, 2013
Lets put it out there wrote:
<quoted text>
The church members may have gotten another letter but the students did not! We are not members there!
We aren't members of the church either .. But my kids go to school and we have only received 1 letter at my house !
Interested Party

Douglasville, GA

#240 Oct 29, 2013
Jeri Massi wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, many people with children enrolled in the school have not received the second letter.

The letter was just read to the church Sunday night and told it was to be mailed Monday. Last I looked it is only Tuesday.

The Bible says "blameless" not accusation less. Last I knew a person was still innocent until proven guilty. If all it takes is an accusation to get a Pastor removed and never to Pastor again then Preachers need to watch out. Say one thing wrong and someone just needs to accuse you to end what they do. That is sad.

Again, we were informed of allegations the church did look into it, there was not proof to be charged. Again only allegations and people like to make allegations against others, sad but true. He was forced to resign. This was done out of respect for his wife and family. You may not understand this but we do care about his children and grandchildren who are innocent. I know people like to say the family knew, but where is your proof. If you could see the devastation of that family you may change your mind (probably not though. You all seem to accept only perfection)

If there are people in the church "covering" things up, yes they need to be removed but you are attacking an entire church which is wrong.

I know this won't change your minds it is clear that facts are not what you are looking for, but juicy cover ups and destroying what is a good church that has done great things for many individuals, families, and the community. I don't defend any wrong doing and it needs to be dealt with according to the law. But our church has a lot of good people that you are judging by another's sin.
The Real Deal

Atlanta, GA

#241 Oct 29, 2013
Interested Party wrote:
Jeri Massi wrote:
The letter was just read to the church Sunday night and told it was to be mailed Monday. Last I looked it is only Tuesday.
The Bible says "blameless" not accusation less. Last I knew a person was still innocent until proven guilty. If all it takes is an accusation to get a Pastor removed and never to Pastor again then Preachers need to watch out. Say one thing wrong and someone just needs to accuse you to end what they do. That is sad.
Again, we were informed of allegations the church did look into it, there was not proof to be charged. Again only allegations and people like to make allegations against others, sad but true. He was forced to resign. This was done out of respect for his wife and family. You may not understand this but we do care about his children and grandchildren who are innocent. I know people like to say the family knew, but where is your proof. If you could see the devastation of that family you may change your mind (probably not though. You all seem to accept only perfection)
If there are people in the church "covering" things up, yes they need to be removed but you are attacking an entire church which is wrong.
I know this won't change your minds it is clear that facts are not what you are looking for, but juicy cover ups and destroying what is a good church that has done great things for many individuals, families, and the community. I don't defend any wrong doing and it needs to be dealt with according to the law. But our church has a lot of good people that you are judging by another's sin.
Thank you for some common sense and reason. These peoples intentions are obvious by there comments.

Raleigh, NC

#242 Oct 29, 2013
The Real Deal wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for some common sense and reason. These peoples intentions are obvious by there comments.
Yes we want child molesters out of church office. And we want the men who negligently put them into church office to also be out of church office.
Freeatlast

Dallas, GA

#243 Oct 29, 2013
I am so sick of people saying that this man did wonderful things for KW! If he molested kids and had relations with women in his congregation at KW, he is an evil man and he deserves everything he has coming to him!!!

Raleigh, NC

#244 Oct 29, 2013
Interested Party wrote:
The Bible says "blameless" not accusation less.
Actually, "blameless" means accusation-less. That's exactly what it means, a man never culpable, never able to be arrested, which in Paul's day could occur based merely on complaint.

Wininger fails that test three or four times over.
Interested Party wrote:
Last I knew a person was still innocent until proven guilty.
True in a court of law in the USA. But in the Christian church, he must be blameless. Wininger isn't, and he wasn't when yoru church hired him. And by the way, the foolishness of your church in hiring him is now plainly evident.
Interested Party wrote:
If all it takes is an accusation to get a Pastor removed and never to Pastor again then Preachers need to watch out. Say one thing wrong and someone just needs to accuse you to end what they do. That is sad.
Preachers should have to watch out. Churches like your have created a system in which innocent children have to watch out, which is far worse, since they are unable to do so.

This is why Paul says to hear complaints against elders before witnesses, so that if possible, the accusations/grievances can be settled right there, and the witnesses can assert if necessary that the elder did no harm.

Because you selected a man who hindered a criminal investigation and refused to hear out the matter fairly and openly, you took on a person who himself defied the Bible's teachings. And now you bear the results of that defiance on the part of your church leadership.
Interested Party wrote:
He was forced to resign. This was done out of respect for his wife and family. You may not understand this but we do care about his children and grandchildren who are innocent.
So what you are really saying is "we had good reason to disobey the Scripture." And actually, that would be fine with me, except your church advertises itself as believing in and obeying the Bible.

Do you think, when Paul ordered that sinning elders be rebuked before the entire church, that he didn't realize they had families? He did. He's the one who said the elder had to be the husband of one wife and in charge of his own household! But the command is still there: rebuke him before the entire church. This is because all Christendom needs to be protected from him. And that takes priority. Also, the young people he harmed deserve the church to take their side. You're so keen to protect his family---what about his victims? What about the victims to come?
Interested Party wrote:
But our church has a lot of good people that you are judging by another's sin.
You need to stop squalling about your poor church and get your eyes fixed on the harm this man has done and your church's duty to help set things right instead of trying to cover its backside.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#245 Oct 29, 2013
Jeri Massi wrote:
<quoted text>
Preachers should have to watch out. Churches like your have created a system in which innocent children have to watch out, which is far worse, since they are unable to do so.
This is why I asked why no males were allowed in the children's nursery. Did they already know there was a problem?
JEEZ

Birmingham, AL

#246 Oct 29, 2013
Freeatlast wrote:
I am so sick of people saying that this man did wonderful things for KW! If he molested kids and had relations with women in his congregation at KW, he is an evil man and he deserves everything he has coming to him!!!
First of all... you need to get things straight in your mind before posting something that sounds sooooo off from the story. NO accusations from KW School or Church...These accusations are from 20+ years ago in MICHIGAN... NOT FROM KW
Interested Party

Douglasville, GA

#247 Oct 29, 2013
Jeri Massi wrote:
So what you are really saying is "we had good reason to disobey the Scripture." And actually, that would be fine with me, except your church advertises itself as believing in and obeying the Bible.

Please show where in Scripture it says that he can't resign. I believe by our church continuing to hold meetings and updating us on the facts we are "rebuking" him in front of the church. I am sorry that we are not running our church according to your interpretation. I guess according to you we need to throw out part of scripture too since Paul wrote it while in prison, huh?!

Jeri Massi wrote:
Also, the young people he harmed deserve the church to take their side. You're so keen to protect his family---what about his victims? What about the victims to come?

I agree. If there is proof! Again I am not going to go on hearsay. If someone post something on here about you that cannot be proven are we all just suppose to believe it? I believe his family is also a victim. He has deceived and manipulated many, they all deserve justice!

Jeri Massi wrote
You need to stop squalling about your poor church and get your eyes fixed on the harm this man has done and your church's duty to help set things right instead of trying to cover its backside.

You are so set on condemning our whole church you are not listening to what I said.

"If there are people in the church "covering" things up, yes they need to be removed but you are attacking an entire church which is wrong." And
" I don't defend any wrong doing and it needs to be dealt with according to the law. "

If you had a loved one do something wrong and your family was trying to find the facts but said you all will do the right thing if the facts show they are guilty should we all condemn your whole family?!

Don't worry I fully expect you to condemn me and my church some more! So glad God doesn't have your point of views!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Diamond Traders (Jun '10) 11 hr Raymond 16
Chief Redface no leader 19 hr dulce mia 20
Review: LT Pool Service Inc (Mar '14) 22 hr SDANGELO1024 4
Crossroads Church Tue Atheos Aphobos 85
$39M Foxhall Conference Center Tue Country Living 40
time to step down Chris Mon Don King 35
Need Replacement Windows (Jan '13) Dec 15 Celine 11

Douglasville News Video

Douglasville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Douglasville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Douglasville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Douglasville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:55 am PST

NBC Sports 4:55AM
Sen'Derrick Marks has 600,000 reasons to play hard tonight
Bleacher Report 5:06 AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Complete Thursday Night Preview
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Jaguars vs Titans: Full NFL 'Thursday Night Football' Preview and Prediction
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
Thursday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Titans vs. Jaguars
NBC Sports10:54 AM
Weatherspoon predicts a sweep of the "Aints"