United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Wondering as a tax payer "why a DVPD police man is attending a doctors appointment while in uniform, and driving a patrol car that has been running for 30 minutes in the parking lot and counting".

Our city leadership at its best once again.
An observer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Remember, an employee is a direct reflection of its supervision.

Why should the officer care about the gas, he's not paying for it. Just like the top "dog" gets the biggest newest SUV every year.

Why should the officer care about being on the tax payer dime. Just like the top "dog" spent a ton of money on placing his name on all police cars.

You see it is obvious that the top "dog" is an egotistical vermin that is very proud of himself.

Proverbs 16:18
Pride precedes destruction; an arrogant spirit appears before a fall.
oldtimer

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Before you make judgement, he could have been there for a work related injury or related illness. If not, officers get sick and have medical issues just like everyone else. There is nothing wrong with an officer seeing a doctor while on duty. He is only out of service for a short time. If he took the day off just to go to the doctor, then someone would have been paid over time to work his shift. I'm sure if an emergency call came in, he would have left to do his duty. Many times officers have been out in the cold, rain and all sorts of weather protecting you when they should have been home in bed. I know, I have worn those shoes for many years. The next time, you should thank him for what he does and tell him you hope he feels better soon!
Sports Fan

Villa Rica, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

An observer wrote:
Remember, an employee is a direct reflection of its supervision.
Why should the officer care about the gas, he's not paying for it. Just like the top "dog" gets the biggest newest SUV every year.
Why should the officer care about being on the tax payer dime. Just like the top "dog" spent a ton of money on placing his name on all police cars.
You see it is obvious that the top "dog" is an egotistical vermin that is very proud of himself.
Proverbs 16:18
Pride precedes destruction; an arrogant spirit appears before a fall.
You are so Right!!
Always Interesting

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Until The "dog" and some of his so called leaders are replaced this is how the city will be ran
Midnight Rider

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Ever heard of a worker's comp claim? Perhaps the officer was there getting checked out because he was injured on the job......I know that is hard to believe but it happens in police work.

The car is kept running because if he needed to leave quickly on an emergency call he could. Perhaps it was a K9 unit and the dog in the rear needed to stay air conditioned.
quit your whining

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

some people just like to bitch about something. Anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Douglasville Forum right now

Search the Douglasville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
**For Sale** large convention center, hardly used 12 min Also 2
sunset drive street across from new jail where ... (Jun '10) 13 min Not city 18
Would you support a tax increase... 15 min Curious 11
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 26 min Aggie23 47,446
If you could say one thing to Mayor Persons.... 2 hr Raymond 21
what has happened ? 2 hr Raymond 2
Is it unethical for....... 3 hr wow 13
•••
•••

Douglasville News Video

•••
•••

Douglasville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••