Douglasville Restaurants....

Posted in the Douglasville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Shocker

Douglasville, GA

#1 Oct 2, 2011
Where are your favorite ones & what are the worst ones????

For me Monterrays is the best Mexican.....
For me Hudsons is the nastiest....

Since: Aug 09

Villa Rica

#2 Oct 2, 2011
Shocker wrote:
Where are your favorite ones & what are the worst ones????
For me Monterrays is the best Mexican.....
For me Hudsons is the nastiest....
Monterey''s is very good. Their portion sizes are much better than some of the other Mexican places around town. Also, I know its a chain, but Martin's biscuits are some of the best I've ever had, homemade or otherwise.
No Name Selected

Douglasville, GA

#3 Oct 2, 2011
I think Hunan's has the best Chinese. Taste of Thai is a very nice change of pace, and as already stated, Martin's biscuits are great.

Can this please not turn into a "We need a Houston's" thread?

Since: Jun 07

D'ville, GA

#4 Oct 3, 2011
The only one we go out of the way for is Gumbeaux's. However if in Douglasville and we're hungry we always seem to go to O'Charlies, never had a bad meal there and they seem to be well managed in all of their units.

To me all of the mexican places are about the same especially when compared to places like La Parrilla, Heuy Lueys, or even On the Border in Kennesaw.
Janet Stroger

Chicago, IL

#5 Oct 3, 2011
I have been in the area now for a week.I moved here from Illinois.SO far I have tried mcdonalds and the food court at the mall.They both take EBT cards.
Curious

Winston, GA

#6 Oct 3, 2011
No Name Selected wrote:
I think Hunan's has the best Chinese. Taste of Thai is a very nice change of pace, and as already stated, Martin's biscuits are great.
Can this please not turn into a "We need a Houston's" thread?
We do need restaurants like Houston's.

Villa Rica

#7 Oct 3, 2011
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
We do need restaurants like Houston's.
I'd take a Houston's in a heartbeat. Love the Hawaiian Ribeye.

Villa Rica

#8 Oct 3, 2011
I'd also like to see a good catfish place, that is something that this area is lacking.

Location hidden

#9 Oct 3, 2011
Lazy Donkey in C'ton for mexican. Chinese/Japanese, I would say the new Atlantic place. Way better than that trash place that was in there before. Steaks would have to be Logans. Fast food - no place. Thai - to spicy for me. Pizza - place in Yarnell Arizona. Sorry. The places around here suck.
things that make u go hmm

Douglasville, GA

#10 Oct 3, 2011
My favorite places Gumbeaux, Sam and Rosco's and Blue Agava.
Least favorite places Hudsons, Golden Corral and Hooters
golden century

Villa Rica, GA

#11 Oct 27, 2011
el jalisco next to longhorn on fairburn is really good mexican food. they are affordable and the people are friendly. i wasn't so sure about it at first, but they are by far the best mex food i have had in douglas and surrounding counties.
Monterey employee Pablo

Athens, GA

#12 Oct 27, 2011
golden century wrote:
el jalisco next to longhorn on fairburn is really good mexican food. they are affordable and the people are friendly. i wasn't so sure about it at first, but they are by far the best mex food i have had in douglas and surrounding counties.
Thanks for the self advertisement.
Lacy

Douglasville, GA

#13 Oct 27, 2011
Our favorites are Carrabba's, Sam and Rosco's, and Longhorn's. NO fast food! However, I would like a Houston's!
Lacy

Douglasville, GA

#14 Oct 27, 2011
Janet Stroger wrote:
I have been in the area now for a week.I moved here from Illinois.SO far I have tried mcdonalds and the food court at the mall.They both take EBT cards.
How did you end up in Douglasville?
Shane

Villa Rica, GA

#15 Oct 30, 2011
Everyone, get the word out. Shane's Rib Shack is coming to Douglasville! It's the best BBQ out there and served in a very neat and clean environment. We should be open by sometime in April. We'll be located next to the Quiktrip on Chapel Hill, behind the McDonalds. Thangs are gonna get messy in D'ville!!! We also have great chicken tenders too. I'd put them up against Zaxby's any day.
Shane

Villa Rica, GA

#16 Oct 30, 2011
My current favorites are:

Shane's- Not here yet, but will be the best once it arrives.

Carrabba's- Excellent Quality
Gumbeaux- Quality cajun food. Great Environment.
Cracker Barrel- Very hard to beat.
Sea Breeze- Great broiled seafood so that you can eat healthy

Anyone know of a good chinese place? Taste of China in Villa Rica was my favorite but they went out of business. Got to get my fix somewhere.
Janie

United States

#17 Nov 1, 2011
Anyone have any opinions on the dville diner? My husband and I are thinking about giving it a whirl.
Dville Lady

Duluth, GA

#18 Nov 2, 2011
I really enjoyed it at first. It was really hoping and the food was fresh etc. Larger portions, good value. The last time I went (about a month ago) I said I would never go back and I was one of the fans on this site. I ordered the chicken parm sandwich. I had it on a few other occasions and loved it. Previously it was double breasted chicken breast, sauce, cheese, big roll, with fries. A perfect splurge. So the last time I was in it was one small breast, a ton of cheese. I think there was more cheese than chicken and the roll was smaller. However it was the same 8.95 price. My parents were also with me and they said there food wasn't that great tasting. I want to say they had pot roast. It was the special of the day whatever it was. After we ate we went to the mall. The first thing I had to do was find a bathroom if you get my drift. We were all sick to our stomachs within minutes of eating there. Obviously the crowds have died down and they are trying to save a buck. Well I am too, so I won't be going somewhere with less than quality food that made my family and me sick.

Since: Sep 09

Douglasville, GA

#19 Nov 3, 2011
Has anyone tried the Landmark (Cafe) across from Prays Mill Church? They are advertising a country buffet for $6.99.
Orlando32

Atlanta, GA

#20 Nov 10, 2011
With all due respects to Longhorn's and Outback Steakhouses, the BEST steak I have tasted lately was at Carrabba's (Filet and Ribeye). Best bar-keeper in the county, too!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DC Schools Top Administrators Raises 7 hr Edward 13
DC BOE moving principals 7 hr Douglas Native Voter 21
emergency down hwy 5 Friday afternoon Sun Elmer 3
only a man Sat secert lover 1
Town Hall Meeting--Gang Problem Will Be Discussed (Apr '07) Sat Concerned 44
I'm the Chief of Police (Nov '14) May 21 Sheboygan 48
does your scammer live at 108 Crockett Court. ... (Dec '11) May 21 Edward 37
More from around the web

Douglasville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE