Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2011

Judged:

I have recently learned of a local family that desperately needs the help of the community. I first was hesitant to use topix as an outreach because I know how cruel and rude some people can be on here, but I also thought it would be a good way to reach out to those truly caring members of our community, please do not post negative comments, or anything unrelated. For this one time, please just refrain from immaturity and hatefulness as this is a very serious matter. One of our Douglas County Sheriff Deputies and his family has lost everything they had in a home fire on Tuesday afternoon. Nothing could be saved, but thankful, no one was injured. They were able to get out in time. This is the same Deputy who was injured back in the snow storm while working on duty, trying to keep drivers safe on I-20. His name is Jeff Shipp. His wife is Christine. Many of you know them I am sure. I have obtained a list of items needed (listed below). Also living in the house with them was their 6 year old grandson that they obtained custody of not too long ago after he had been basically abandoned by his mother. They also had their son, his wife and their 2 year old daughter living with them at the time of the fire. Best as I understand there is absolutely nothing left to salvage. All they were left with is the clothes on their backs. I have obtained a list of items needed.

There are drop off locations where you can drop off these items and for more information an email address concerning all donations, questions and so on. It is Shippdonations@gmail.com, otherwise drop off locations for the items listed below are the Midas on Fairburn Road in Douglasville. Two Men and a Truck in Dallas. And as I think I understood it, the Douglasville Police Department. You can use the email address above to arrange other ways to have items picked up or to arrange another method of delivery. They are in a hotel for now with no kitchen so groceries are not ideal at the time being. These are good people. Jeff is not only a deputy who has served this community for years and years, but he is also a soldier who served in the Army for a long time. I would hope this community would step it up during this time of need. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ANY BASHING of cops, this family, etc. I would hope that would not occur, but again, that is the last thing that needs to happen on this thread, so I am pleading and asking you to keep post only positive and focused on helping this family, if not I will need to have the post removed. This family is hurting enough they would not need to run across this at any point and see any hurtful words. I really donít want to have to do that because any outlet we can use to help them, we need. The more, the better. Here is the list that was forwarded to me concerning items needed.

Gift Cards to local fast food restaurants in the Douglasville area.

Target, Wal-Mart, American Express, or Visa giftcards.

Mall gift certificates

Cash donations, there is a bank account set up, you can obtain that information by emailing the email address above

Kids toys for a 6 year old boy and 2 year old girl
Basic items such as toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, soap, razors, shaving cream, etc.

Snacks are ok, as long as they are non perishable and small in packaging.(think something you could easily store and eat in a hotel room)

Plastic dinning ware and paper plates and cups.

And as far as clothes any and everything that can be given. Shorts, shirts, menís boots, tennis shoes, jackets, socks, jeans, etc.(NEW OR USED, either way is fine.) The sizes are as follows:

Baby girl clothes size 24 months/2T

Little boys clothes size 6 slim pants and small/6 shirts

Boys size 1 shoes

Womenís size 10, 12 and 14 long jeans/pants or size L

lounge/sweat pants

Mens size Large and 3XL shirts, Menís size 36X32 pants and men's size 44x32 pants.

Womenís shoe sizes 7/12 and 9

Menís shoe size 11
Whatever

Villa Rica, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

I did not abandon my son so I would appreciate whoever wrote this make sure they know what they are talking about. Thanks.
InDvillenow

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Whatever wrote:
I did not abandon my son so I would appreciate whoever wrote this make sure they know what they are talking about. Thanks.
They are talking about helping the family out, so help or hush. Noone cares about your situation, they care about the family, including the child, that lost everything. Be grateful.
Shocked

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

DEAR WHATEVER-
First off I know your real dad and your brothers. Let me school you for a moment. Abadon is defined in the dictionary as follows ABANDON:(verb) to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly;to give up; discontinue; withdraw from. I know your brothers and step father. You did abandon that boy. You can lie to yourself if you want but you have been nothing but self serving and self loathing. I hope you find what you need to grow up and take of your child. Don't bother to update us on your family and their needs, as usual, just think of yourself and try and defend something that everyone already knows it true. You are prayed for daily out of respect of your family and we hope you find the help you need and the life you seek. It is never too late. Your son needs his mom when she can be a good mom. You left that boy and you broke his heart on more than one occasion, but it is never too late to turn things around and you could lead a life of happiness and goodness with your boy. You're not a bad person, not a bad mother. Extremely selfish right now? Yes. But I think that is being controlled by the drugs. You have a huge family that loves you very much, unfortunately, they can't turn things around for you. Only you can make that choice. There is a boy that is waiting for you to come home and not leave for once unlike all the other times. Don't curse the original poster. They were only telling the truth and trying to help your own family. What did you do to help? It's not too late and you should never give up. You have a lot to live for and a lot to work for. You just have to get in a different frame of mind. We would all love to see you change things.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Douglasville Forum right now

Search the Douglasville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr Synergy 52,038
DA looks into Mayor Jerkins: Man claims mayor o... 1 hr Synergy 3
Crossroads Church 5 hr Atheos Aphobos 35
does your scammer live at 108 Crockett Court. ... (Dec '11) 7 hr SMo 32
Debate: Ferguson - Douglasville, GA 17 hr XTC 10
How do you see Douglas County in 10 years? Mon Moderate YT 4
King's Way Baptist Church (Oct '13) Mon jeriwho 1,254
•••
•••

Douglasville News Video

•••
•••

Douglasville Jobs