Accident this past weekend on Hwy 5

Accident this past weekend on Hwy 5

Posted in the Douglasville Forum

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1 Aug 23, 2011
I see a cross and flowers in front of the Subway on Hyw 5 (at Bill Arp). Does anyone know what happened?

Since: May 10

Douglasville

#2 Aug 23, 2011
There was an accident on Friday evening about 10:30PM.

Daniel Booth, a 36 year old father, lost control of his motorcycle and was killed instantly. His long time girlfriend was following behind him in their truck and witnessed the accident.

The viewing will be held Tuesday evening from 4 to 9 at High Tower. The funeral is Wednesday at 11am at Clear View Baptist Church.
hot moma

Douglasville, GA

#3 Aug 26, 2011
I was there as soon as this happened. I was trying very hard to keep his girlfriend from looking at such a horriable accident. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and girls.
Dc Dude

Douglasville, GA

#4 Aug 26, 2011
Just him? or was there another car involved? Saying a prayer for his family.
biker

Atlanta, GA

#5 Aug 26, 2011
As a biker, and since i never saw anything on the news, how did he loose control? This is directed to Ms. Maybelle since she seems to have info....medical condition, something in the road, too fast??????

Just curious. My wife worries about me riding.
not sure

Douglasville, GA

#6 Aug 27, 2011
I was told that he had been drinking and was very intoxicated
Shocker

Douglasville, GA

#7 Aug 27, 2011
Why do people speculate on what happened? I am sure if he was intoxicated it would have made it to the news that a drunk wrecked. Seriously? This man died, his long time girlfriend witnessed the accident & people have to be so nosey & make stuff up!
Sandra Barber Rabern

Villa Rica, GA

#8 Aug 27, 2011
The Sentinal stated that he passed a car,and then hit the curb a couple of times, and lost control.There was nothing about any drinking involved in the paper.Yall know perfectly well that the paper would have mentioned it if there had been drinking going on.That kind of news allways makes the headlines.And anyway why speculate on here? there are small children left behind.This is a very sad tragedy.Thankfully no other cars or vehicles were effected in this fatality.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#9 Aug 27, 2011
Sandra Barber Rabern wrote:
The Sentinal stated that he passed a car,and then hit the curb a couple of times, and lost control.There was nothing about any drinking involved in the paper.Yall know perfectly well that the paper would have mentioned it if there had been drinking going on.That kind of news allways makes the headlines.And anyway why speculate on here? there are small children left behind.This is a very sad tragedy.Thankfully no other cars or vehicles were effected in this fatality.
Haven't heard from you on here in a long time. Where have you been? I hope you are well.
biker

Atlanta, GA

#10 Aug 28, 2011
Thanks Sandra.
For the record I wasn't speculating but wondering out loud what could have happened and I was asking if anyone had heard.

Since: May 10

Douglasville

#11 Aug 29, 2011
biker wrote:
Thanks Sandra.
For the record I wasn't speculating but wondering out loud what could have happened and I was asking if anyone had heard.
This is the statement that his girlfriend made in the days after the accident...

"The questions keep coming as more and more learn of the accident. Part of me wishes I could talk to each of you personally and answer the questions. The other part of me doesn't want to talk about it at all. I know the family is struggling also. So in attempt to make this easier on all of us, I will post this for all to see...

Daniel was riding the motorcycle Friday night, and I was in the truck. We were headed to his brother's house. He came up behind me and passed me. And he lost control. He hit the curb and flipped the bike. There was nothing anyone could do. It hurts more than I can describe to know I couldn't help him... But what brings peace is knowing that he did not suffer and believing that he is with our Lord now.

The girls are with their grandmother right now. Those girls believed the world spun because Daniel told it to, and they are obviously shaken and scared, but with the strength and love their family holds, and with God's help they will pull through. And I look forward to seeing his legacy in each of them as the grow. You can already see his excitement for life in their eyes...

Daniel was an amazing man. A wonderful father. A loving son/brother/uncle/nephew (family man in general). And a loyal friend. He loved life and shared his passion with everyone he met. He touched each of our hearts with an intensity that will never be forgotten.
I have posted the details of the service, so that those who want to come and say "see ya later" to him may do so. And yes, it's a see ya later... Not good bye. Because Daniel is in Heaven, looking down here in a panic wondering how he's going to save enough seats for all of us when we get there..."

So you see, it was an accident. An unfortunate accident. And thank you for asking for details, biker, rather than speculate. So often on this forum, especially when a fatal accident happens, gossip and speculation take over and the inevitable drugs/alcohol/etc are introduced. That is not the case here. A quick misguided decision to pass his girlfriend (maybe being funny, goofing off, showboating, who really knows but Daniel?) resulted in his loss of life.
Sister

Woodstock, GA

#12 Aug 30, 2011
I am Daniels sister and this was a tragic accient for all of us. He was a wonderful loving man that thrilled in having fun and just enjoying life. He was the happiest person I have ever met and we believe was just being himself having fun when he lost control of the bike. I appreciate the kind people and words and thank you for not speculating. He did leave three young girls and 1 one the way. Please keep our family and his girlfriend in your prayers.

Since: Jul 07

Douglasville

#13 Aug 30, 2011
Prayers to you and your family at this time of a horific loss.
Dville Mom

Atlanta, GA

#14 Aug 30, 2011
My daughter works for that Subway. She left a few minutes before the accident but spoke with one her coworkers that was still there when it happened. If anyone is familiar with the Subway, the curb sticks out further then I think it's supposed to. He tried to pass his girlfriend right there and hit that curb. It was a very sad tragic accident. All the employees in Subway had broken hearts just knowing what happened. I pray for his girlfriend and family.
biker

Loganville, GA

#15 Aug 30, 2011
Ms. Maybelle - I appreciate the information. Really sounds rough for everyone all around. I feel so bad for those kids.

Sister - sorry for your loss.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.
Joe booth

United States

#16 Aug 30, 2011
My brother was speeding around a car on a corner then decided not to pass and to fall back in his own lane when he went too far over his lane and ran off the road
Cheryl Miller

United States

#17 Oct 8, 2011
I just learned of Daniel's passing from his brother Josh. I want to extend my condolences to the family for their tragic loss. I lost my son, who was Josh's friend,in January in a motor cycle accident. Josh was there for our family and spoke at the memorial. The Booth family are wonderful people and may Daniel rest in peace.
alline friend

United States

#19 Feb 12, 2014
Which subway are we talking about and where at
mom8284

Douglasville, GA

#20 Feb 12, 2014
alline friend wrote:
Which subway are we talking about and where at
It's the subway south of mason creek...close to the old bill arp elementary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Neal Dettmerring (Apr '14) 8 hr Karen R 13
See Ya Whitey!!! Mon FOS 9
23yr old girl died at Douglas General Hospital ... (Aug '11) Dec 2 BJM 16
After Thanksgiving Crime not reported??? Dec 1 Raj 7
Jimmy Witcher Dec 1 Raymond 8
Judge Robert James (Jul '07) Nov 30 momof4 61
anti trump loosers Nov 28 Jake Kesey 4

Douglasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance