First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Indeed

Lithia Springs, GA

#23 Feb 21, 2012
Stupid black people.
looiepooie

Ellenwood, GA

#24 Feb 21, 2012
Marvin Dobbs wrote:
With unemployment soaring and gas prices at record highs, it's hard to understand why President Obama put the brakes on construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline. Keystone XL would have created 120,000 new, high-paying American jobs, pumped tens of billions of investment into our economy and brought real relief to families struggling to pay high gas prices. Despite all that, the President put the needs of a few extremist groups before the livelihoods of hundreds of thousands of hard working Americans.
Its about 10,000 jobs but we get your point.
looiepooie

Ellenwood, GA

#25 Feb 21, 2012
You also have to ask why oil companies are gouging American working families.Their profits have never been higher.
looiepooie

Ellenwood, GA

#26 Feb 21, 2012
BTs at D wrote:
<quoted text>Well with a 300 mile range no Need to charge everyday. Another option would be a n onsite solar charging station. Not to mention home solar grid tied systems actually have the potential to feed the grid. An.d no fossil fuel involved. There are many workarounds. The funny thing about solar is . The same corporations that control the industry now, will control the solor in the future. It's a squeeze. Look at Exxon and how they are diversifying.
Solar is the future, no doubt.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#28 Feb 21, 2012
whoa wrote:
<quoted text>
Some are temporary but is it your belief that after the pipeline is built and no further maintenance is required, no continual monitoring, and no pumping stations?
You are right, it will create between 127 and 15o permanent jobs. It might be worth it and get approved by Obama too, if they go with the option (which they have a plan for) that goes totally around the Ogallala Aquifer, which supplies over a quarter of the country's water supply, including the midwest where the vast majority of American food is grown. No matter how small the possibility of an accident, putting that pipeline over the aquifer is a HUGE risk, one that this country can absolutely NOT afford. That is what they proposed that was denied. They have alternate routes, including one that totally bypasses the aquifer, so when they submit that one, the pipeline will probably be a go. Why didn't they submit that plan to begin with when they've had it all along? hmmmmm

It is totally going to go into existing pumping stations and refineries, no new ones are in any plans to be built, but maintenance and monitoring yes, 127-150 jobs.
looiepooie

Ellenwood, GA

#29 Feb 21, 2012
Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
he was talking about you rebecca..you must be on welfare and food stamps.Thats the only crown that looks up to obummer.They know as long as he is in office they can get a check.Well you dumb ass broad, do you know WHERE that money comes from??????WORKING CLASS AMERICANS....It does NOT come FROM OBAMA.FOr every dime he gives your lazy stinking ass he has to take from some working person.I can see why you have your nose 3 feet up obamas ass.
Buddy, when you speak, is your head all the way up your ass or only partially? OBUMMER 2012
looiepooie

Ellenwood, GA

#30 Feb 21, 2012
Transcanada itself revised the jobs total down from 20,000 down to hundreds of permanent jobs. Cornell University says between 500 and 1,400 permanent jobs is more likely. Still, these will be high paying mostly union jobs and anything that strenghtens unions is a good thing. Transcananda also said most of the steel pipe will be manufactured overseas. Google keystone pipeline jobs

Since: Jun 07

D'ville, GA

#31 Feb 21, 2012
BTs at D wrote:
<quoted text>Well with a 300 mile range no Need to charge everyday. Another option would be a n onsite solar charging station. Not to mention home solar grid tied systems actually have the potential to feed the grid. An.d no fossil fuel involved. There are many workarounds. The funny thing about solar is . The same corporations that control the industry now, will control the solor in the future. It's a squeeze. Look at Exxon and how they are diversifying.
Exxon and similar fall under that heading of too big to fail. That being said they need a substantial return on solar which will put it out of reach of the average American. Until then, electric will require plugging into the grid and cities like New York and LA have blackouts now during the summer.

“AAAAAHH. That's better. ”

Since: Nov 07

"Where the neons turn to wood"

#32 Feb 21, 2012
spitfire2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exxon and similar fall under that heading of too big to fail. That being said they need a substantial return on solar which will put it out of reach of the average American. Until then, electric will require plugging into the grid and cities like New York and LA have blackouts now during the summer.
cost of solar iinstalations are at record lows. Along with al the incentives for solar, locally , federal, state. Take your pick..At current gas prices . And expecting same to continue rising. Solar is a steal.
looiepooie

Ellenwood, GA

#33 Feb 21, 2012
BTs at D wrote:
<quoted text> cost of solar iinstalations are at record lows. Along with al the incentives for solar, locally , federal, state. Take your pick..At current gas prices . And expecting same to continue rising. Solar is a steal.
I think I read solar will be as cheap as gas in less then 10 years.
looiepooie

Ellenwood, GA

#34 Feb 21, 2012
spitfire2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exxon and similar fall under that heading of too big to fail. That being said they need a substantial return on solar which will put it out of reach of the average American. Until then, electric will require plugging into the grid and cities like New York and LA have blackouts now during the summer.
We've got NERC and SERC watching the grid. Solar is coming.
looiepooie

Ellenwood, GA

#35 Feb 21, 2012
not gas, I meant electricity.

“AAAAAHH. That's better. ”

Since: Nov 07

"Where the neons turn to wood"

#36 Feb 22, 2012
looiepooie wrote:
<quoted text>I think I read solar will be as cheap as gas in less then 10 years.
it's cheaper now. They are experiencing a bubble similar to the housing. To much inventory. You can get a 2kw grid tie array for 6-10k add in tax credits even cheaper. And most panels are warrantied for 25 yrs with a life expectancy of 50 yrs. other needed part have 20yr+ life span.

Also with grid tied some companies will issue energy credits that can be sold n the open market for any energy you push to the grid.
Nick

Douglasville, GA

#37 Feb 22, 2012
Rebecca-
Please don't let all of the right wing morons in Douglasville discourage you from speaking the truth.This is the one thing that Obama said in the beginning that he was not going to pass through congress, and I'll be damned if he isn't sticking to his guns for once.These are the same idiots that think he is a Muslim and not an American citizen.Do these morons not realize that gas prices during the Obama era are not even close to the peak they reached when their precious George Dubya was in office.Obama is going to win again,the small red state of Georgia may have alot of citizens against the president, but the rest of the country will pull him through.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#38 Feb 22, 2012
Nick wrote:
Rebecca-
Please don't let all of the right wing morons in Douglasville discourage you from speaking the truth.This is the one thing that Obama said in the beginning that he was not going to pass through congress, and I'll be damned if he isn't sticking to his guns for once.These are the same idiots that think he is a Muslim and not an American citizen.Do these morons not realize that gas prices during the Obama era are not even close to the peak they reached when their precious George Dubya was in office.Obama is going to win again,the small red state of Georgia may have alot of citizens against the president, but the rest of the country will pull him through.
Thanks Nick!

I do remember 2008 as "the year of the carpool"!:-)

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#39 Feb 22, 2012
Nick wrote:
Rebecca-
Please don't let all of the right wing morons in Douglasville discourage you from speaking the truth.This is the one thing that Obama said in the beginning that he was not going to pass through congress, and I'll be damned if he isn't sticking to his guns for once.These are the same idiots that think he is a Muslim and not an American citizen.Do these morons not realize that gas prices during the Obama era are not even close to the peak they reached when their precious George Dubya was in office.Obama is going to win again,the small red state of Georgia may have alot of citizens against the president, but the rest of the country will pull him through.
Lets see gas gets to $140.00 a barrel and gas is at $4.00 a gallon under Bush. So far under The Teleprompter Kid we had gas hit $114 a barrel and gas was at $4.00 a gallon. Tell me again who made BIG OIL more money?? Plus oil was $34.00 a barrel and gas was $1.87 when The Chicago Thug and his gang moved into the White House and it is now $106.00 a barrel and gas is at $3.57 a gallon. If Mr Lets Spread The Wealth Around stays on track and gas gets to $140 a barrel like it did under Bush gas should be at about $5.00 I would think. During Bush's first 26 months in office gas went up 7% under The Annointed one it went up 67%. Researching the average US gas price from when Bush took office till it peaked in May 2008 shows a 252% increase. Now let's see what that wonderful product of the MOST CORRUPT CITY in the USA has done. When he and his posse took office gas averaged $1.86 a gallon and peaked at about $4.00 US avearge around Apri 16th 2011 for a 215% increase. So in less than 3 years OBAMA has driven gas prices up almost as much as Bush did in 8 years. Now that is CHANGE I can hope for!! And before you say the president can not control gas prices please remember that was the lead off story almost nightly by the left wing, liberal, open borders, amnesty for all, let the government take care of you from birth to the grave, Obama loving networks when Bush was in office. Hell they blamed Bush for everything from Acne to Hemorrhoids and it was taken as fact. Where is this same media now that we are going through a faster rise in oil and gas prices under the current POTUS?? Yep they are like crickets in the summer night!!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#40 Feb 22, 2012
John In North Carolina wrote:
<quoted text>Lets see gas gets to $140.00 a barrel and gas is at $4.00 a gallon under Bush. So far under The Teleprompter Kid we had gas hit $114 a barrel and gas was at $4.00 a gallon. Tell me again who made BIG OIL more money?? Plus oil was $34.00 a barrel and gas was $1.87 when The Chicago Thug and his gang moved into the White House and it is now $106.00 a barrel and gas is at $3.57 a gallon. If Mr Lets Spread The Wealth Around stays on track and gas gets to $140 a barrel like it did under Bush gas should be at about $5.00 I would think. During Bush's first 26 months in office gas went up 7% under The Annointed one it went up 67%. Researching the average US gas price from when Bush took office till it peaked in May 2008 shows a 252% increase. Now let's see what that wonderful product of the MOST CORRUPT CITY in the USA has done. When he and his posse took office gas averaged $1.86 a gallon and peaked at about $4.00 US avearge around Apri 16th 2011 for a 215% increase. So in less than 3 years OBAMA has driven gas prices up almost as much as Bush did in 8 years. Now that is CHANGE I can hope for!! And before you say the president can not control gas prices please remember that was the lead off story almost nightly by the left wing, liberal, open borders, amnesty for all, let the government take care of you from birth to the grave, Obama loving networks when Bush was in office. Hell they blamed Bush for everything from Acne to Hemorrhoids and it was taken as fact. Where is this same media now that we are going through a faster rise in oil and gas prices under the current POTUS?? Yep they are like crickets in the summer night!!
+1. Good post. You'll never get the Obama liberals to understand this. They still want to blame Bush for Obamas failures. Obama has them right where he wants them. They are falling for it all over again.
uh-huh

Suwanee, GA

#41 Feb 22, 2012
Nick wrote:
Rebecca-
Please don't let all of the right wing morons in Douglasville discourage you from speaking the truth.This is the one thing that Obama said in the beginning that he was not going to pass through congress, and I'll be damned if he isn't sticking to his guns for once.These are the same idiots that think he is a Muslim and not an American citizen.Do these morons not realize that gas prices during the Obama era are not even close to the peak they reached when their precious George Dubya was in office.Obama is going to win again,the small red state of Georgia may have alot of citizens against the president, but the rest of the country will pull him through.

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#42 Feb 23, 2012
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
+1. Good post. You'll never get the Obama liberals to understand this. They still want to blame Bush for Obamas failures. Obama has them right where he wants them. They are falling for it all over again.
Thanks. I know they will never change but I will continue to pepper them with FACTS anyway. I got a good laugh at the 3 ratings I got on my post. Sad when I presented the FACTS on both BUSH and The Chicago Thug. Another thing that needs to be remembered is that upon being sworn into office Ken Salazar cancelled 77 leases for oil drilling. Then The Teleprompter Kid halted all drilling in the Gulf after the oil rig explosion and oil spill and now he has denied the Keystone Pipeline. However it should be noted that one of the Republican governors wanted the pipeline rerouted and Mr Spread The Wealth Around and his posse are using that as the reason for the denial. They are saying they did not have time to study the new routes etc. Hell do like Nancy The Bitch Pelosi did. Follow her lead as Speaker of The House. Remember we have to pass the law before we can read it and see what is actually in it. So for this POTUS to now stand up and say he has done more to increase US oil production is a DAMN LIE. Remember when McCain/Palin touted drill, baby,drill. What did then candidate Obama say and what was his stance?? Let me remind you. He said it would not work. That it would not solve our dependency. Now he has the audacity to tout how much he has done to increase domestic oil production. Nothing more than a DAMN BOLD FACED LIE. And he does it so well without even flinching as he looks into the teleprompter, I mean camera. So to all you Obama lovers always remember this FACT for two damn years the DEMOCRATS controlled the House, the Senate, and the White House. If this left wing liberal, I will apologize for America, open borders,amnesty for all,big government to take care of you from birth to death POTUS could not cram all the crap down our throats he wanted then he only has to look into the mirror to see who is at fault there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grandmother, 75, Found Dead in Douglasville Apa... 3 hr CButler 13
Police called to Douglasville church after past... 14 hr Insinuatingwhat 11
People infested with ebolo 14 hr R Boles 13
Need Replacement Windows (Jan '13) Fri Kerry Jones 9
new sheriff in town (Feb '08) Fri Toot Sweet 2
Why is Fri Raymond 7
I'm the Chief of Police Fri Clonjarvious 32

Douglasville News Video

Douglasville Dating
Find my Match

Douglasville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Douglasville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Douglasville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:18 pm PST

NBC Sports12:18PM
Brian Schwenke fumbles after a catch, Eagles extend lead
Bleacher Report12:21 PM
Instant Fantasy Reaction for Browns' RBs
Bleacher Report12:27 PM
Eagles LB Acho (Groin) Ruled out for Rest of Game
NBC Sports12:35 PM
Tashaun Gipson carted off after collision with Joe Haden
Bleacher Report12:42 PM
Zach Ertz Injury Update: Eagles TE Returns vs. Titans