|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

These guys have but one mission in life:

To insure that nothing gets in the way of the obscenely wealthy from getting wealthier.

They'd rather shut the country down than let a billionaire pay one dollar more in taxes. Clearly these guys are bought and paid for, and aren't representing the American people, but only the corporations and the super-rich. Then they throw out some BS about about entitlements to keep the weak-minded arguing amongst themselves rather than look at the real looting of America by their handlers, Wall Street and Defense Contractors.

Add in the complete insult they gave us a couple of years ago by insulting us with a McCain/Palin ticket.

These guys clearly have no pretense of caring about anybody in America anymore other than the super-wealthy.

They need to quit screwing around with the budget and act with a sense of responsibility. They think the public is too stupid to notice or understand this, and they're close to being right, but it's getting pretty apparent what's going on.

They need to quit screwing around on this budget thing and start acting like they give a shit about the 99% of America who aren't Wall Street moguls.
Nothing

Fairburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

Bill-the other one wrote:
To insure that nothing gets in the way of the obscenely wealthy from getting wealthier.
They'd rather shut the country down than let a billionaire pay one dollar more in taxes. Clearly these guys are bought and paid for, and aren't representing the American people, but only the corporations and the super-rich. Then they throw out some BS about about entitlements to keep the weak-minded arguing amongst themselves rather than look at the real looting of America by their handlers, Wall Street and Defense Contractors.
Add in the complete insult they gave us a couple of years ago by insulting us with a McCain/Palin ticket.
These guys clearly have no pretense of caring about anybody in America anymore other than the super-wealthy.
They need to quit screwing around with the budget and act with a sense of responsibility. They think the public is too stupid to notice or understand this, and they're close to being right, but it's getting pretty apparent what's going on.
They need to quit screwing around on this budget thing and start acting like they give a shit about the 99% of America who aren't Wall Street moguls.
Something is wrong with both parties, let's make this clear. Why raise taxes as the only solution? The super wealthy of this country already pay an astronomical amount of taxes. Why not cut spending????
Bill - the other one

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

The democrats are absolutely willing to cut spending, as it clearly needs to be done, and are being more than flexible on this issue.

The super-wealthy are NOT however paying an astronomical amount of taxes. Most of them are in actuality paying a lower rate than your average working-class wage slave. AND these guys sole mission in life is to keep things that way. Which is precisely why they've purchased the Republican party.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

There is nothing wrong from their view. Their plan to turn America into a feudal society is working great. Not so good for the rest of us.
Bill - the other one

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

House Speaker John Boehner is literally willing to gamble away the middle-class to protect the mega-wealthy.

Perhaps it's time to send him a message by putting Isakson and Chambliss's heads on the table next election, along with a handful of House of Reps members.

I'm NOT a die-hard Democrat in any sense. I want intelligent and responsible government that manages the affairs of our country in a manner that benefits the citizens, and I don't care WHAT party it comes from.

But the mask is off. The Republicans are clearly the talking puppets of the uber-wealthy, who sit behind the scenes with the purchase receipt of the Republicans poking out from their pockets.

Then you've got the Tea Party whackos, who aren't bought by anybody, but they sure do a great job of representing the simple-minded bigots and homophobes of the world.

The Democrats aren't perfect, that's for sure, but there's no other choice left for an intelligent person.
ROFLMAO

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

The Democrats aren't perfect, that's for sure, but there's no other choice left for an intelligent person.

Ur obviously not one of 'em.
Bill - the other one

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

ROFLMAO wrote:
Ur obviously not one of 'em.
Well damn! That grammatically accurate and insightful post really put me in my place!

Wake up! This isn't a Friday night football game where you simply pick a team and cheer for it. You need to let a couple of brain-cells rub together and realize what's going on. It's not that hard to see.

Since: Apr 11

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

I hope that they will just pass a short extension until the first of the year and let this upcoming presidential election be a referendum on which direction this country is going to take since this country is so divided at this time.

clarify please

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

Define super-wealthy, Mr. Bill - the other one.

Are you talking about a large amount of assets or about net worth or about income? At what levels do you consider that to be super-wealthy?

In my humble opinion, wealth is determined by net worth (what you own minus what you owe).

You seem to be talking about income tax which is not based on your net worth or level of wealth, but rather on what you earn.

It would seem to me that a multi billionaire does not have to have a job. He has enough money to live on. No job = no income = no income tax. Okay, he would pay income tax on interest income and dividend income and capital gains income.

It sounds to me like you want to tax what people own and not just what they earn. Their wealth could already have been taxed when it was earned years ago. Tax it again? really?

Now, a property tax is calculated on the value of the property one owns. The higher the value of the property, the higher the tax paid. Should the property tax rates be tiered so that the wealthy have even higher tax rates and pay even more property taxes?

A multi-billionaire who has no job would still be making purchases; airfare, restaurants, booze, clothing, etc. These items are subject to sales taxes. Should he be subject to a higher sales tax rate? How would that work?

It sounds like you want to use taxation as a means to punish those who have become wealthy. You want to take away the incentives to accumulate wealth.

Maybe you would be happier if everyone turned over all of their assets to the government and then let the government take care of all our needs. Is that your idea of fair?

The Democrats and the Republicans are equally at fault for the mess we are in. When you point a finger at someone, look at your hand and see the fingers pointing back at you.
Bill - the other one

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

Wow clarify, that's a lot of strawman in one post.

Obviously I don't wish to punish someone for being wealthy.

I do want those who are on the upper tiers of income, particularly from capital gains (but excluding residential real-estate) to pay on the upper tier of the tax tables.

Here's some interesting (if somewhat over-simplified) information. Take a moment to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

And please try to lighten up on the straw-man arguments. They're really so transparent. But I do appreciate your having taken the time to think about this. That is very important, regardless of your outcome. I wish more would.
ROFLMAO

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

Bill - the other one wrote:
I do want those who are on the upper tiers of income, particularly from capital gains (but excluding residential real-estate) to pay on the upper tier of the tax tables.
Here's some interesting (if somewhat over-simplified) information. Take a moment to watch it.
And please try to lighten up on the straw-man arguments. They're really so transparent. But I do appreciate your having taken the time to think about this. That is very important, regardless of your outcome. I wish more would.
The referenced youtube video was brought to you by (you guessed it) moveon.org Move on . org, a notorious liberal supporting group. Any 1 surprised?
Bill - the other one

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

The gentleman in the video is Robert Reich. The Wall Street Journal named him as number 6 on their "Most Influential Business Thinkers". Time Magazine named him in their list of "Ten Best Cabinet Members of the CENTURY". He's served under 3 presidents. Oh, he's also a former Harvard University professor.

You'd have a hard time trying to name a person more expert in economic issues than him.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

As far as the guy on the video, one can always find someone to support their cause. Doesn't prove a thing.
BTW, this administration has done MORE to SEPARATE the classes than anyone. Any progress made by various races has been set back YEARS. Part of his plan. He is doing exactly what he set out to do. Congrats to all those who voted for him....and you didn't even get kissed!
clarify please

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

Are you the chairman of the Democratic Party of Douglas County?
Bill - the other one

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

clarify please wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the chairman of the Democratic Party of Douglas County?
Ha! No.. I'm not. I'm a guy who's watching what's going on in Washington with complete disgust however. There is SO much riding on the line right now, and the only thing on the Republicans plate is don't raise taxes on the wealthy. The only thing. They're just giving the American citizens the finger at this stage, and gambling in a very real sense with the entire future of our country.
clarify please

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

<quoted text>
Ha! No.. I'm not. I'm a guy who's watching what's going on in Washington with complete disgust however. There is SO much riding on the line right now, and the only thing on the Republicans plate is don't raise taxes on the wealthy. The only thing. They're just giving the American citizens the finger at this stage, and gambling in a very real sense with the entire future of our country.
I didn't think so. You sounded to lucid to be him. Just wanted to be sure.

Let me be clear, each time you say wealthy, you are actually talking about the high income earners. They are not synonymous.(How is that word spelled?)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

clarify please wrote:
Define super-wealthy, Mr. Bill - the other one.
Are you talking about a large amount of assets or about net worth or about income? At what levels do you consider that to be super-wealthy?
In my humble opinion, wealth is determined by net worth (what you own minus what you owe).
You seem to be talking about income tax which is not based on your net worth or level of wealth, but rather on what you earn.
It would seem to me that a multi billionaire does not have to have a job. He has enough money to live on. No job = no income = no income tax. Okay, he would pay income tax on interest income and dividend income and capital gains income.
It sounds to me like you want to tax what people own and not just what they earn. Their wealth could already have been taxed when it was earned years ago. Tax it again? really?
Now, a property tax is calculated on the value of the property one owns. The higher the value of the property, the higher the tax paid. Should the property tax rates be tiered so that the wealthy have even higher tax rates and pay even more property taxes?
A multi-billionaire who has no job would still be making purchases; airfare, restaurants, booze, clothing, etc. These items are subject to sales taxes. Should he be subject to a higher sales tax rate? How would that work?
It sounds like you want to use taxation as a means to punish those who have become wealthy. You want to take away the incentives to accumulate wealth.
Maybe you would be happier if everyone turned over all of their assets to the government and then let the government take care of all our needs. Is that your idea of fair?
The Democrats and the Republicans are equally at fault for the mess we are in. When you point a finger at someone, look at your hand and see the fingers pointing back at you.
WOW!

This has to be one of the best, most well thought out posts I've read in here!

This is the point where I bring up the FairTax. It would tax those mean, "wealthy" people on what they spend (and all of the people that DON'T pay ANY income tax, like illegals) rather than tax "taxable income" as defined by our tax regulations...

As I mentioned in another thread, I'd be happy to pay more in taxes, IF everyone else contributed to the situation and there was a reduction in government spending.

BTW, it doesn't appear that "the other Bill" has addressed your questions/comments...typical.. .

Since: Jun 07

D'ville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

Judged:

Just like NASCAR, politicians should be required to wear uniforms with the names of their sponsors on them so we know who they are working for.

Since: Jun 11

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

Judged:

How many people on here are employed by a poor democrat? Set an example if you really feel this way. Go into your bosses office and ask to pay more in taxes to make up for him not paying his fair share, be better than those rich business owners and liberal money spending hollywood actors.
GetAClue

Lithia Springs, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

Judged:

Bill-the other one wrote:
This is priceless! Do you know you are defending a political group that hasn't passed a Federal Budget in over two years?

You can't say the Republicans are not doing their part. There have been several Big, Big bills that have gone through the house and ended up on Rieds desk with little or no action.

Remember what we herd after the 2008 election cycle:
Elections Have Consequences!

RE:
http://www.bing.com/search...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of182
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Douglasville Forum right now

Search the Douglasville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 12 min Oh my 47,614
Aaaand another one bites the dust! 39 min Sully 9
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 3 hr Mason II 2,039
Officer departures are due to pay and toxic lea... 5 hr Dang 4
Elwood Staffing (Jan '09) 11 hr Chili Bean 16
Fishing hole in Douglasville (Jul '08) 14 hr Raymond 27
what has happened ? 19 hr Polemics 3
•••
•••

Douglasville News Video

•••
•••

Douglasville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000