Walking tracks in Douglasville

Posted in the Douglasville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sherri

Rome, GA

#1 Jul 25, 2010
I know there is one at Stewart Midle School. Are there other walking/jogging tracks in Douglasville?
flgirl

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Jul 25, 2010
Deer lick park
former resident

Decatur, GA

#3 Jul 25, 2010
They desperately need a way to get from creekwood drive to the mall without getting killed. I wish they would create a walking trail

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4 Jul 25, 2010
Fowler Field
Clinton Farm
Arbor Station Elementary School(too isolated for me)
firefly

Villa Rica, GA

#5 Jul 25, 2010
Clinton Farms is my favorite.
Alexander High School
Stewart Middle School
Chapel Hill High School
Hunter Park (when its open)
Turner Middle School

Location hidden

#6 Jul 25, 2010
firefly wrote:
Clinton Farms is my favorite.
Alexander High School
Stewart Middle School
Chapel Hill High School
Hunter Park (when its open)
Turner Middle School
For some reason, I was thinking that Chapel Hill High School's track was not open to the public. Have you actually walked there? If so, did you feel safe?
North D-Ville Resident

Douglasville, GA

#7 Jul 28, 2010
Jesse Davis Park.
firefly

Villa Rica, GA

#8 Jul 28, 2010
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
For some reason, I was thinking that Chapel Hill High School's track was not open to the public. Have you actually walked there? If so, did you feel safe?
Actually no. I've walked at AHS and not had problems and just assumed that CHHS was the same. I've walked during relay for life at CHHS also.
missm

Douglasville, GA

#9 Jul 28, 2010
I've walked the Fowler Field one several times and felt very safe, however, it's often muddy or generally messy. But when it's not, you tend to see lots of nature-rabbits, deer, turtles, geese-I liked that. Haven't been back since the flood last year, though.
LeftiesSmellBad

Lithia Springs, GA

#10 Jul 29, 2010
Does anybody know if there are any challenging bike (non-motorized) trails around?
D-ville Dad

United States

#11 Jul 29, 2010
LeftiesSmellBad wrote:
Does anybody know if there are any challenging bike (non-motorized) trails around?
Silver Comet... Boundary Waters... Boundary mountain bike...Comet for trail riding..

Location hidden

#12 Jul 29, 2010
LeftiesSmellBad wrote:
Silver Comet is flat. Very nice riding track.
LeftiesSmellBad

Lithia Springs, GA

#13 Jul 30, 2010
Thanks all...

I am dying to get out on my bike. Going stir crazy this summer.

Since: Jul 09

Pineville, LA

#14 Jul 30, 2010
former resident wrote:
They desperately need a way to get from creekwood drive to the mall without getting killed. I wish they would create a walking trail
There was a greenway trail in the works a few years ago that ran from Stewart Mill Rd along the creek, through Arbor Station, to the mall and across I-20 to downtown Douglasville.

Unfortunately, all the NIMBYers in Arbor Station shot the proposal down.
former resident

Decatur, GA

#15 Jul 30, 2010
Where was it going? Why was it shot down? I am surprised I didn't hear about that. Do you have any of the details of that proposal?
Is NIMBYer a acronym for something?

Since: Apr 10

Douglasville, GA

#16 Jul 30, 2010
We need walking tracks all over Douglas County, I'm tired of dodging people walking down Central Church, and Dorsett Shoals.
Evan Longwood

United States

#17 Jul 30, 2010
former resident wrote:
Where was it going? Why was it shot down? I am surprised I didn't hear about that. Do you have any of the details of that proposal?
Is NIMBYer a acronym for something?
I believe NIMBY means "Not in my backyard." That's my guess atleast.
former resident

Decatur, GA

#18 Jul 30, 2010
re: NIMBY good guess! Probably right.

I would love to hear more about that proposal that ran from stewart Mill Creek to the mall, and then downtown.

I am assuming that what you are referencing as Stewart Mill Creek is actually ananawakee creek tributary, or am I mixing this up with some other body of water. I am guessing that it all ends up around the chapel hill/stewart mill corridor, and then goes on to get downtown. Probably going through the golf course.

If we don't get a way to walk this, we will end up dead from all of the cars. We need walking biking trails through arbor station.

What you mentioned sounds like a perfect proposal. Do you know where it was going to start on the creek? Around circle K? Do you know where it was going to go through arbor station at?

When was this discussed?
bill

Douglasville, GA

#19 Jul 30, 2010
former resident wrote:
No. No they don't need a path from Creekwood Drive to the mall. Why would you wish that on the residents of Arbor Station? What have they ever done to you?
former resident

Decatur, GA

#20 Aug 2, 2010
I live on Creekwood drive. This will add value to our homes, and I am tired of trying to avoid getting killed walking to the mall. They need to look at creating some open space, and doing a better job of managing the infrastructure. I say this community should work at integrating residential and commercial so that we all benefit, not just the businesses.

If the government doesn't look at managing our infrastructure better, then Arbor Station will continue to go downhill. If you want proof, look at the last 10 years, add a flood or two, and the facts spell the truth.

Walking biking trails would add not subtract to our home values.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another Murder! 2 hr Karen Stephens 8
Where is the best emergency vet in Douglas Coun... (Mar '12) 4 hr Jerry Boggs 20
Douglas BOE second highest paid in state (May '13) 7 hr Karma 72
Douglasville=Homelessville 23 hr Bumsrdum 17
Douglas County High School 1064 Thu DC Oldtimer 6
$39M Foxhall Conference Center Thu really old man 35
Anybody know what is being filimed on hwy 166 n... Thu Mr I 1

Douglasville News Video

Douglasville Dating
Find my Match

Douglasville Jobs

Douglasville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Douglasville News, Events & Info