First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Copperhead

Atlanta, GA

#1 Feb 19, 2011
Has anyone heard anything about a fatal car wreck involving four Douglas County teens. There was allegedly one fatality, a teenager from Villa Rica.

Since: Feb 08

Douglasville, Georgia

#2 Feb 19, 2011
Copperhead wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about a fatal car wreck involving four Douglas County teens. There was allegedly one fatality, a teenager from Villa Rica.
Yes, it's been all over Facebook all day. The young lady in question was a beautiful girl. Many of my former students were friends with her.

Sometimes I wish we didn't have have to let kids out of our sight until they are in their 20s....

http://times-georgian.com/view/full_story/115...
Copperhead

Atlanta, GA

#3 Feb 19, 2011
Thanks for getting back so quick. Those kids must have been traveling fast. So many lives changed forever in seconds.

Douglasville, Georgia

#4 Feb 19, 2011
Yes, I tend to remember many of my students as they were at nine or ten even though I see so many of them on FB now....they range from send year of college down to 8th grade. Nine or ten or even 17, Cheyenne will be forever young.

It was very hard to let go of my daughter tonight as she went out.

I didn't recognize any of the other names given, and I'm not familiar with the street where the accident occurred.
board monitors mom

Atlanta, GA

#5 Feb 20, 2011
So sad.
I guess guees Douglas County doesn't exist according to WSB radio because I didn't hear anything on the news this morning.

Since: Jun 07

D'ville, GA

#7 Feb 20, 2011
17 year olds out early Saturday, drunk. Where's the parents?

Douglasville, Georgia

#8 Feb 20, 2011
board monitors mom wrote:
So sad.
I guess guees Douglas County doesn't exist according to WSB radio because I didn't hear anything on the news this morning.
A former student advised me they did say something about this last night on WSB-TV at 11 p.m. I doubt they would mention it again this morning since the accident was Friday night/Saturday morning, but I do understand your statement concerning DC not existing. We are rarely mentioned unless it involves something sensational or tragic.
board monitors mom

Atlanta, GA

#9 Feb 20, 2011
Very true EHT. Although, I do have to give a little credit to WSB-TV...just saw a snippet on the news.

Spitfire...great question!
blackhawk1

Lake Hiawatha, NJ

#10 Feb 20, 2011
Just heard about this, remebered Cheyenne as alittle girl. Her grand mother is a very good friend of my mom. Please keep me posted, she didn't get alot of info there she was so upset.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#11 Feb 20, 2011
while i feel for the family and their great loss, i have to question the ability of the child, yes child, to be driving at the rate of speed. factor in the law that states so many in a car of a certain age. plus the possibility of some impairment hindering substance maybe or maybe not. you have to wonder what the mentality of the child driver and those present in the vehicle were.
again i feel for the parents and the loss of their child. just so i do not seem heartless to some in here. children will be children, but they made a choice when they got in the car and drove the way they did. once again sorry for your loss. in hindsight, they should have been more responsible. the child could have been going to church this morning with their parents and friends. now it seems it will be the wrong way of going there.
blackhawk1

Lake Hiawatha, NJ

#12 Feb 20, 2011
yeah its so very sad. I agree with you on the going to church in the right way not this way. Then there are things that we never understand.
dr zeus

Duluth, GA

#13 Feb 20, 2011
that's very sad. I pray for the family.
Saddened

Villa Rica, GA

#14 Feb 20, 2011
This was a beautiful and sweet girl with a loving family. Pray for them.
Board monitors mom

Lawrenceville, GA

#15 Feb 20, 2011
Second deadly wreck in DC this weekend- West GA student killed in the mason creek and berra road area. Check wsbtv.com
She was also a passenger.
OH BOO HOO

Douglasville, GA

#16 Feb 20, 2011
The wreck happened off bright star rd in a neighborhood.The driver is facing charges DUI,The car flipped several times and Cheyenne was ejected. I do not know who the kid that ran was . Has anyone heared anything about that? http://www.wsbtv.com/video/26929038/index.htm...
Doug

Carrollton, GA

#17 Feb 20, 2011
if he RAN, he must have been black.black people run everytime something happens.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#19 Feb 20, 2011
what did i tell you. alcohol related. no seatbelts except the one. teenage driver of an suv. driving too fast. totally irresponsible. but totally responsible for someone's death.

prayers for those lost and injured. disgust in others.
dr zeus

Duluth, GA

#20 Feb 21, 2011
very sad.
Who are you

United States

#21 Feb 21, 2011
I heard the driver Lark was arrested at AHS for what??
Tom

Marietta, GA

#22 Feb 21, 2011
will be rather difficult to do school work with handcuffs on.hopefully he wont have to go to the bathroom either

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jennifer Knight for superior court judge (May '10) 9 hr Crush 378
Douglasville is the new Atlanta Getto. 18 hr Zambonism 6
How did you all make it through the snow day? Sun Larry 7
Tom Worthan's Douglas County Jan 20 POLEMICS 12
Baseball at Winston Park (May '13) Jan 18 Atlbravesgirlie 19
Commissioner Kelly Robinson fails in BUSINESS (Jul '12) Jan 16 FAUXRESUME 6
News Curb, gutter on deck for Dallas Highway Jan 15 what 3

Douglasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance