zzz

Gainesville, VA

#1 Aug 27, 2007
have any of you heard of screamin polly before?? it's in earlville maryland.. and i cant seem to find any info on it.
North East MD

Finksburg, MD

#2 Oct 5, 2007
zzz wrote:
have any of you heard of screamin polly before?? it's in earlville maryland.. and i cant seem to find any info on it.
Screaming Polly is a local "ghost story" I do not know what story you have heard or how you heard of it but I can tell you because I lived in the area for a long time and have heard numerous accounts of "screaming Polly" as well as many other from Earleville as I have witnessed several "sightings" myself. The story I know is this, There was a woman that was coming home from a party in her horse and buggy. Around Stemmers run road, A women picked up a hitch hiker or the person was already in the buggy depending on the story you hear, on the hill past the dump, the women crashed due to snow and fog. While the story gets turned by several the outcome is the same, a headless woman can sometimes be seen and heard screaming in this area late at night. I do not know if this helps you but she is REAL, I have heard her myself. Ed Okonowitz a local ghost story teller has books out and in one of his books he talks about the ghosts of Earleville MD and a story about screaming polly is in it, I do not know which one but I have never read this either. Hope this helps
sarah

Westminster, MD

#3 Sep 30, 2010
my mom and step dad heard a high pitch scream last night and we live in earleville on cherry grove rd. they thought it was me screaming but i was sleeping. so we figured it was screaming molly. have you ever heard of her?
shannon

United States

#4 Oct 23, 2013
sarah wrote:
my mom and step dad heard a high pitch scream last night and we live in earleville on cherry grove rd. they thought it was me screaming but i was sleeping. so we figured it was screaming molly. have you ever heard of her?
I have lived on pond neck rd since I was a small kid. The farm across the street from the tree farm. I was very haunted . We would go some where come home the tv would be one an pictures would be off the wall . My mom would come home from work take her shoes off an every morning she would find them outside. So we had a ghost that like to play I would say . We would also see a lady in white dress like they would where back in the late 1930s I would say . Come down the spiral stair and walk right throw the door. Nothing ever hurt us. We would all see a colored man walking outside from time to time . In the basement there was shackle on the wall with blood staines . Out side under the pine tree was a tome stone . It was so old you could not see the name or date . My brother did have a problem with the black thing with wings come to him when he would walk out back to the pond . He said it look like a devel with wings . It would come to him every time he would go there. He finally went there and said the lords pray and never had seen him again ..... Growing up I have also heard the story of screaming polly but I have hear that it was on the side across the rd from the dump down in the dip in the woods . Just thought I would share my story about growing up on Upper Wickwire farm. The farm house still stands there but the new owners have remodel the house . Would love to know if they have seen or heard anything while living there .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglassville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Firefighter Falls From Ladder Battling Montco B... Apr 9 tyrogar 1
News Phil Robertson calls gays 'God haters' in 2010 ... (Dec '13) Mar '15 swedenforever 369
Pool heater wood fired and Solar power back yard (Sep '14) Feb '15 Pool Heater Reviews 2
Man Shot in the Chest in Pottstown Feb '15 stop shooting 2
Halfway Houses and Their Effects (Jun '11) Feb '15 Mot 4
News Pennsylvania law targets puppy mills (Oct '08) Feb '15 Deer in headlights 319
Watch out for terry Franklin Wellam aka terry w... Feb '15 Her oldflame 1
More from around the web

Douglassville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]