Wyoming police Taser 76-year-old tractor driver

Aug 5, 2009 Full story: KansasCity.com 22

A 76-year-old Wyoming man shot with a Taser by police while driving an antique tractor in a small-town parade says it hurt but he's OK.Retired truck driver Bud Grose of Glenrock told The Associated Press in a telephone interview on Wednesday that he has a heart condition but didn't require any medical attention.Investigators say police in Glenrock ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The West Newton Kid

Brookline, MA

#1 Aug 7, 2009
Yeah, I'm sure that the police had no other way of dealing with a 76 year old man who was driving an antique tractor in a parade than using a tazor on him. Yes, sir ree, this guy sounds like a real public menace and a very dangerous and unpreditable man. This nation has a fast growing problem with these 76 year old hoodlums who like to use antique tractors in parades as a cover up for their dangerous attitudes and behavoir.

Good, sound police work here. I hope that the punk tractor driver gets a few years in the local pen, performing hard labor for his shameful acts. Just another example of the many dangers that our Nation's Heroes face on a daily basis.

Throw the book at him.......Book 'em, Dano!
ha ha book em dano

Lancaster, SC

#2 Nov 7, 2009
at this rate who the heck would want to live in glenrock? between the jerk that got tazed and the jerks in glenrock i'd say you are right
Fox

Des Moines, IA

#3 Nov 18, 2009
West newton kid i hope you get tazored sometime by a police officer for no reason. When writing a comment maybe you should know what the fuck your talking about and know the story. The man was driving a antique and its obvious you don't know that a anique probaly only goes 5 to 10 mph and there not anything thats really huge,so tazoring him to stop was not called for it wasn't like he was gonna get away and havin him stop in the first place was not needed because the man was going to park the tractor and he had a wagon full of people for the parade and alot of them were older than him he was trying to get them in the shade. So next time before you decide to write a dumbass comment, know the story retard and ha ha book em dano your comment just doesn't make sense period get a life HA HA GO FUCK YOURSELF!
Police Misconduct

Fredericksburg, VA

#4 Nov 18, 2009
I would hope the department will conduct a dull investigation - not "whitewash" this matter. If the action was indeed misconduct - this could point to an underlying problem that the officer has. If so, the officer may be a major libility.
rights leader

Abbeville, GA

#5 Nov 19, 2009
I THINK THAT THE OFFICER'S SHOULD BE FIRED A SERVE SOME TYPE OF TIME THE COPS HAVE BEEN GETTING AWAY WITH TOO MUCH OVER THE YEARS.THEY COULD OF KILLED THE OLD MAN SERIOUSLY THE MAYOR OF THAT CITY NEEDS TO PUSH THAT ISSUE THANK GOD IT DIDN'T HAPPEN DOWN SOUTH HUMM,HATE TOOSAY WHAT WOULD OF BEEN GOING ON AS I SPEAK.
ANGRY PERSON

Abbeville, GA

#6 Nov 19, 2009
The West Newton Kid wrote:
Yeah, I'm sure that the police had no other way of dealing with a 76 year old man who was driving an antique tractor in a parade than using a tazor on him. Yes, sir ree, this guy sounds like a real public menace and a very dangerous and unpreditable man. This nation has a fast growing problem with these 76 year old hoodlums who like to use antique tractors in parades as a cover up for their dangerous attitudes and behavoir.
Good, sound police work here. I hope that the punk tractor driver gets a few years in the local pen, performing hard labor for his shameful acts. Just another example of the many dangers that our Nation's Heroes face on a daily basis.
Throw the book at him.......Book 'em, Dano!
SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH SOCIETY. WHAT IF THAT WERE YOUR 76YR OLD GRANDDAD, THEN WHAT WOULD YOU SAY? YOU NEED TO PRAY AND ASK GOD TO DEAL WITH YOUR ISSUES CAUSE DOING THAT KIND OF MEAN STUFF TO AN ELDERLY PERSON IS JUST DOWN RIGHT MEAN. I'M QUITE SURE THAT COULD HAVE BEEN HANDLED DIFFERENTLY. SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE A RACIST OR EVEN A NASY OLE POLICE OFFICER.
wyoming kid

United States

#7 Nov 23, 2009
I guess the possibility of sarcasm never enters the subsequent comments on the west newton kids comments. Sounded like he thought the tazoring of the 76 year old gentleman was unnecessary and down right stupid. That's how I read it!
Amazed at stupid people

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Nov 29, 2009
sounds a lot like the ANGRY PERSON is just another idiot from a town that clearly has some sick issues sure am glad I don't live anywhere near that cultish place. its like a small town stephen king novel.shiver. I wonder if that town knows how stupid they look to the rest of the world?
Pam

Western Springs, IL

#9 Jan 2, 2010
The cop that did that deserves a swift kick to the groin, then a swift kick off the police force.
TAZER BOUND

Oklahoma City, OK

#11 Jan 24, 2010
"The cop that did that deserves a swift kick to the groin, then a swift kick off the police force."

Hey Pam, You call that a police force?
TAZER BOUND

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 Jan 24, 2010
Its a Police Department and you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Clearly you are some psycho from the town this happened in. Get a life and go bother someone in your own town.
bill kruse

Morristown, NJ

#13 Jan 25, 2010
West Newton,your opening comment was great take. Fox and angry person were really a great example of " cluless " Wyo Kid...right on I'm from New Jersy,north,2 miles to NYC...found this story to be a little offbeat....best to all...
The West Newton Kid

Brookline, MA

#14 Feb 4, 2010
bill kruse wrote:
West Newton,your opening comment was great take. Fox and angry person were really a great example of " cluless " Wyo Kid...right on I'm from New Jersy,north,2 miles to NYC...found this story to be a little offbeat....best to all...
Hey Folks, I stopped paying attention to this post a long time ago. But, I just happend to stop by again.

Yes, of course my opening comment was sarcasm. It's amazing that it flew right over the heads of the two dimwits who verbally attacked me.

Do I think that the police should be tazoring 76 year old men who are driving antique tractors in parades? Hell no! In the words of our nation's President: "the police acted stupidly".
pappy

Hurst, TX

#15 Feb 28, 2010
Was the parade going so fast that the tractor could not keep up with it. All the parades I see usually have aproblem with being to slow. Maybe they thought the tractor driver was driving to fast or was making a gettaway on the tractor, a wanted fugitive? you must have some mean cops in wyoming. We got a few taser shooters down here too.
pappy

Hurst, TX

#16 Feb 28, 2010
We had a real old granny tasered not long ago, I think she weighed about 80 pounds soaking wet. And he tasered her many times.
innocent bystander

Panama City, FL

#17 Jun 30, 2010
I would like to suggest to you maybe that Newton Kid was being sarcastic...just my guess though. I actually got quite a laugh out of the creative writing of Newton Kid. Thanks, I needed that!
Fox wrote:
West newton kid i hope you get tazored sometime by a police officer for no reason. When writing a comment maybe you should know what the fuck your talking about and know the story. The man was driving a antique and its obvious you don't know that a anique probaly only goes 5 to 10 mph and there not anything thats really huge,so tazoring him to stop was not called for it wasn't like he was gonna get away and havin him stop in the first place was not needed because the man was going to park the tractor and he had a wagon full of people for the parade and alot of them were older than him he was trying to get them in the shade. So next time before you decide to write a dumbass comment, know the story retard and ha ha book em dano your comment just doesn't make sense period get a life HA HA GO FUCK YOURSELF!
innocent bystander

Panama City, FL

#18 Jun 30, 2010
Hilarious that people thought you this was a serious post! West Newton Kid was being sarcastic, people!
ANGRY PERSON wrote:
<quoted text>
SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH SOCIETY. WHAT IF THAT WERE YOUR 76YR OLD GRANDDAD, THEN WHAT WOULD YOU SAY? YOU NEED TO PRAY AND ASK GOD TO DEAL WITH YOUR ISSUES CAUSE DOING THAT KIND OF MEAN STUFF TO AN ELDERLY PERSON IS JUST DOWN RIGHT MEAN. I'M QUITE SURE THAT COULD HAVE BEEN HANDLED DIFFERENTLY. SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE A RACIST OR EVEN A NASY OLE POLICE OFFICER.
GLENROCK RESIDENT

United States

#19 Aug 9, 2010
YEAH THE COP GOT FIRED FOR THAT ONE. HE WAS A DUMBASS, AND THE TOWN HAD SEVERAL PROBLEMS WITH HIM.
Amazed

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Aug 14, 2010
76 yrs old? wow
Amazed2

Central District, Hong Kong

#21 Aug 14, 2010
truly amazing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glenda Honadel 4 hr gloria2466 1
Vyve Broadband? (Apr '14) Oct 16 Katy 6
Legislators join wild horse conversation Oct 16 WelbyMD 1
Local Wild Horse Owners showed well at Douglas ... Sep '14 Douglas News 1
Fun in Douglas for an out of state man Aug '14 Winchester 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Douglas, WY (Aug '10) May '14 Sneaky Pete 9
Review: White Wolf Saloon (Mar '14) Apr '14 Gary O 3
Douglas Dating
Find my Match

Douglas Jobs