Selectmen finalizing holiday parade p...

Selectmen finalizing holiday parade plans

There are 3 comments on the Lowell Sun story from May 21, 2010, titled Selectmen finalizing holiday parade plans. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Selectmen Tuesday approved a permit for this year's parade route for the town's Memorial Day parade, which will be put on by the Friends of the Tewksbury Patriotic Activities Committee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Idontgetit

Tewksbury, MA

#1 May 21, 2010
Why would any public safety employee volunteer their time to the town, especially at the behest of Doug Sears? He humiliated the firefighters last year after they gave back $100,000 in benefits, and the police? Shortstaffed, compensation being hammered with the state trying to end Quinn Bill and details. No, I dont think any regulars will be volunteering. I expect to see someone high up strongarming reserve cops to volunteer their time. Pathetic and unfair.
kevin

United States

#2 May 21, 2010
Shortstaffed, I almost fell off my chair I laughed so loud.
I hope the town employees stay home and continue to whine like little children.
It will be easier when they ask for another overide for a raise.
Marty

Tewksbury, MA

#3 May 21, 2010
If the town is in such bad financial shape, how are we adding to the police department?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Street sanding in Oxford Apr '16 Pete Amelin 1
Northbridge high baseball Apr '16 Dave 1
Uxbridge Motocross (Jun '10) Apr '16 notracks 4
Sutton Paving (Aug '08) Jul '14 Bobbie 23
News Pittsfield School Committee will have different... (Oct '13) Oct '13 the city I hate 3
Review: Grille On Main (Apr '13) Jul '13 Chris 4
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Massachusetts... (Oct '10) Apr '13 Crackers 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages