Copper wiring plucked

Full story: Berkshire Eagle

A weekend theft of heavy-duty electrical cable from a Linden Street job site was tantamount to a kick in the teeth, according to the leader of a local sobriety-advocacy organization, which is currently renovating the West Side building.
Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Feb 4, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Got Out

Bolton Landing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

I am so glad I finally got out of that city. These little things make it worse by the day. What a dump. . . . .
eco

Glens Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

Why didnt the electrician have the wire tied off on the pole where you would need a ladder to disconnect the wire ( Maybe a inside job)
Mike

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

This has been occurring in cities all over the place. It just took the criminals in Pittsfield a while to catch on, as they aren't the brightest bulbs in the bunch.

Since: May 08

Queensbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

SIOGA could use some community support right NOW!
Alcoholism is a disease that knows no social,ethnic,religious,or financial boundaries!
SIOGA has a worthy project that needs help,please consider making a contribution to assist in making the project a success,sooner than later!
joe delvechi

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

i just called my boys from mafia wars , they know who .
bibble

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

it's funny, because you know drunks or drug addicts stole the copper.

Since: May 08

Queensbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

bibble wrote:
it's funny, because you know drunks or drug addicts stole the copper.
You may know,I on the other hand do not know any such thing!
What I do know is that THIEVES stole it!
toll booth

Rensselaer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

why leave it in that neighborhood?
bibble

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

it's linden street. nothing but drunks and druggies. duh. no brainer.
bibble

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

oh yeah, and alcoholism is not a disease. that's a crock of bs. it's an addiction. drunks decide whether or not to drink everyday, not some disease in their veins or brains.
What is up with this guy

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

bibble wrote:
oh yeah, and alcoholism is not a disease. that's a crock of bs. it's an addiction. drunks decide whether or not to drink everyday, not some disease in their veins or brains.
Do some homework. It is a change in your brain chemistry, usually brought on by stress and/or abuse. This leaves you susceptible to addiction.
The train wreck is; all your family then can catch the disease because they, in turn, become stressed out.

Son of an alcoholic.
so sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

This is so very sad.....The sioga members have waited patiently and worked so hard to acquire a new "home"..Shame on whoever has done something so shallow..
Mike

Selma, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

Good ole' Linden Street- seems like it hasn't changed much since the time I was attacked and beaten up by three punks whilst walking home one night in 1984- Can't this area be patrolled more heavily? Do you know how long it probably took them to disconnect and lug away 300 LBS of cable? I bet they would have thought twice if police had a heavier presence there. A security camera costing a couple hundred dollars could easily fit into their budget of $750,000, and can prevent future theft, although I know this particular business honors its' clients (understandable) privacy.
drunkagain

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

stupid crackheads why cant they just be a drunk;my drunk friends and i have fun without stealing; yea its cold sleeping under a bridge; but we dont steal.we just pool our S.S.I checks and party.we eat for free and there is no rent.stupid CRACKHEADS.
Dave

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

Expensive copper cable left out in the open got stolen...what a shock...
Hummm

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

This is Bush's fault ..... Uh wait, whats the Topic again? Had my auto responce on.
idiots

Easthampton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

And this is news why? They leave valuable items in one of the sh|ttiest neighborhoods in Pitts and they cry when it all gets stolen, idiots. That's like leaving a coyote in a henhouse overnight and then being surprised when all you find are feathers in the morning. Stupid a$$hats! Waaahhh I'm a moron, let's do a news story about it...
whatever

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

What is up with this guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do some homework. It is a change in your brain chemistry, usually brought on by stress and/or abuse. This leaves you susceptible to addiction.
The train wreck is; all your family then can catch the disease because they, in turn, become stressed out.
Son of an alcoholic.
Stop making excuses. Your father is a drunk.

He is not diseased.(Well, maybe he is. Tell him to wear a condom.)
learn to drive

Easthampton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

What is up with this guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Son of an alcoholic.
Dude your dad is a raving drunkard. If there was any change in brain chemistry it was AFTER he started pounding the booze and killin braincells. Stress, go cry about it...we all have it, yet 99% of us don't pour cheap scotch down our gullets to cope with it. I'm so tired of these excuses. It's like the fatties who say it's a disease, yeah ok. Those 3 Big Macs you ate for breakfast have nothing to do with it.
bibble

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

it's amazing that you are an expert on alcoholism being a disease "what is up with this guy". If having a drunk for a parent makes you so knowledgeable about the "disease", then consider me the all-knowing god of booze hounds.

Son of an alcoholic mother and father, 2 brothers, countless aunts and uncles and many former friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Douglas Discussions

Search the Douglas Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Thu jimmietsen 4,698
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Thu Dale Craven 1,152
webster (Apr '13) Jul 11 Bar Fly 13
Sutton Paving (Aug '08) Jul 2 Bobbie 23
Northbridge Middle School cuts out all Sports Jun '14 The Vote is in 1
gia restaurant Jun '14 LYLA13 1
Heroin found at Northbridge Middle School Jun '14 The VOTE SPOKE 3
•••
•••

Douglas News Video

•••
Douglas Dating

more search filters

less search filters