Sutton CPA - Vote No on May 23rd

Posted in the Douglas Forum

Ozzie

Springfield, MA

#1 May 10, 2006
Its getting very expensive to live in Sutton as a result of the Board of Selectman's failed leadership. The CPA vote is another example where the Board has failed to speak out against expanding government. The CPA is a tax scheme that will tack on an additional 3% surcharge to property tax levies.
eddie

Warren, MA

#2 May 11, 2006
Ozzie wrote:
Its getting very expensive to live in Sutton as a result of the Board of Selectman's failed leadership. The CPA vote is another example where the Board has failed to speak out against expanding government. The CPA is a tax scheme that will tack on an additional 3% surcharge to property tax levies.
don't worry . a 2.5 over-ride will fix everything..first i heard of cpa vote..
Ozzie

Springfield, MA

#3 May 11, 2006
eddie wrote:
<quoted text> don't worry . a 2.5 over-ride will fix everything..first i heard of cpa vote..
The special interest groups are hoping that it stays quite. They first pushed it on the fall town meeting where noone ever attends - and packed the house. They weren't brave enough to bring it in front of a spring town meeting for an honest debate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court upholds conviction of Fitchburg man who p... Apr 30 Huh 1
Dan Kirouac to perform live in Sutton in May Apr 24 New England Music... 1
News Massachusetts police receiving calls from Austr... Apr 24 farkle 5
Debate: Gay Marriage - Whitinsville, MA (Jan '12) Apr 18 Irene 6
Uxbridge Music Forum (Feb '13) Apr 12 Musikologist 11
Fios vs. Charter for internet and cable in Nort... Mar '15 magnet1213 1
News 17 arrests target 'Outlaws' (Nov '07) Jan '15 Shannon_runion 48
More from around the web

Douglas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE