Average Water Bill?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
booger

United States

#1 May 12, 2010
What's your water bill in Douglas?
I just moved into town from the country and wonder how bad it's gonna be.
dglas poor boy

Moultrie, GA

#2 May 12, 2010
stand byfor you shock on water bill THE sewer bill will kill you you will learn real fast not run the water no more than you have to THEY bil you DOUBLE WHAT your water Bill FOR sewer Carzy. every galon of water you use in your homedoes not go down your sewer drain But they bill you like it does.some days on end water has real strong bleach smell.
Smrty McMatyor

Athens, GA

#3 May 12, 2010
well, the water and sewage bill is measured in 10,000's of gallons (or is it 1,000's - don't have my bill in front of me)

in either case unless your water and sewage differ by MORE THAN 10,000 gallons, then they will be the same number ( I think they round up as well)

that is why sewage is the same as water unless you are watering your lawn, washing your cars, filling up water bottles, etc with 10,000+ gallons of water a month.
alma

Gainesville, GA

#4 May 12, 2010
I'd b more worried about the electric bill if I were u.
rebelbynature

Warner Robins, GA

#5 May 12, 2010
alma wrote:
I'd b more worried about the electric bill if I were u.
The water bill has went up about 20% in the last year.

Since: May 10

Flowery Branch, GA

#6 May 12, 2010
If I were you...I would be worried about the electric bill...The city of Douglas utilities bill anally rape you every month....I stayed in an apartment..my electric bill was almost 3times my rent,..well into the 4 and 5 hundreds.....
dglas poor boy

Moultrie, GA

#7 May 12, 2010
OK how do They tell WATER FOR DINKING BATHING COMODE KITCHEN SINK Cooking washng the car or your lawn. all the water comes into my house in One line look n your BILL it only tells you the AMOUNT of Gallons used not the amount of galons USED for SEWER or lawn car wash. they had me useing 12 thousand galons in one month there is only one person in my home an no way could one person use that amountof water had my house checked for leaks noleaks now you tell me why was out of town for TWO weeks that mo. OH no leaks on out side either.i am on E.m.c power insidethe city it is less than water sewer garbage.
noz

Athens, GA

#8 May 14, 2010
you are charged sewer for every gallon of water that goes through the meter, regardless of what it is used for.
sugarkane

Flowery Branch, GA

#9 May 14, 2010
and then you are charged with that same water going into the sewer.
pops

Flowery Branch, GA

#10 May 14, 2010
One thing if you have a pool or a water sprinkler system it may be worth checking into a seprate meter you will only be charged for the use of the water not the treatment
momforboys

United States

#11 May 14, 2010
Thank God I live in the country! No water or sewage bill and light bill was only 174.00 this month!!
Countrygirl

Gainesville, GA

#12 May 14, 2010
Thank God I live in the country too this city is a rip off may I say. In the country you have no water and or sewer bills.Thank God for country living.
noz

Gainesville, GA

#13 May 15, 2010
I live in town and my water, sewer and electric was only $127.00 last month.
momforboys wrote:
Thank God I live in the country! No water or sewage bill and light bill was only 174.00 this month!!
noz

Gainesville, GA

#14 May 15, 2010
Forgot to add that the trash bill is in that also.
Donna

Worcester, MA

#15 Apr 26, 2011
My water bill doubled and then some from the same billing period as last year.Last year 2010 I paid 275.00 for my April bill and this April 2011 my bill was 475.00
The water company told me to look for leaks and they also told me this is the largest water useage for the life of the house(15 yrs) and it is only myself and husband that live in this home a family of 4 lived here before us. What is going on? Is this how they plan on paying for the new school
YES

Kittanning, PA

#16 Apr 26, 2011
Are we getting a new school? If so, GREAT NEWS!!!!
Disgusted with Douglas

Lithia Springs, GA

#17 Jan 26, 2012
There are so many fees attached to my water bill I'm never sure what I'm paying for just the water. This is how my bill reads:

Stormwater fee:$4.00 (should I be charged because it rains?)

5/8" Water Base Fee:$9.60

Water Usage Charge:$14.47 (I'm guessing this is the water actually used)

5/8" Sewer Base Fee:$5.13

Sewer Usage Charge:$20.19 (How do they know how many times we flush??)

Amount Due:$53.39
This seems like a high bill to me for 2 people. How does your bill compare?
BCG

United States

#18 Jan 26, 2012
I'm moving next month as well, but not bc I don't love my house, because I do, not bc my neighbors and I just cannot see eye to eye, but bc I can afford to pay for water that I won't even drink! The city is a rip off and I wouls personally like to meet the SOB that creates these useless fees! I get paying for water, but the water is nasty low quality water only suitable for crapping in, I HATE the city of douglas utilities! They WILL rip you off! Love it or hate it, they will do it to you too.
nomonomo

Grinnell, IA

#19 Jan 26, 2012
Same here considering moving out of the city limits due to this money issue economy is in shambles and the price of everything we must goes up except for a paychecks...Well heres a finger going up to the jerks who thought this was a good idea....lol
nomonomo

Grinnell, IA

#20 Jan 26, 2012
Same here considering moving out of the city limits due to this money issue, economy is already in shambles and the price of everything we must have goes up, except for our paychecks...Well heres a finger going up to the jerks who thought this was a good idea....lol do not know why my first post typed out that way...sorry

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shayla Jewell 23 hr Cadillac 3
posting drama on serveral city forums Mon drama buster 21
pastor tony holmes (Apr '11) Mon Wake up people 30
Who knew Mon B Lott 1
more sheriff talk (Mar '15) Nov 18 a perfect cop 11
I teach how to hack (Apr '13) Nov 18 Anonymous 133 19
Ann Merritt Bowen Nov 17 very sad 2

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance