Gainesville, GA

#82 Jan 18, 2010
sounds like good advice to me.
IntelligenceInje ctor

Gainesville, GA

#83 Jan 18, 2010
Askandgetrid wrote:
<quoted text>
No afence but if parents care about their children they best keep them it home let them do volunteer work in America theirs a lot of people needs help here at home
Newsflash, there is a big old world out there and with your line of reasoning nobody would ever know a damn thing about the rest of the world, which would be a really dumbass way of living. Help is help. It is each individuals choice, often based on some aspect of a particular need which touches a particular heart, as to who, what, when and where they decide to help others. Heck, with your line of reasoning, there is really no reason for our troops to ever be anywhere except on US soil.

Tis true, that there is a lot of need right here at home. Somebody needs to help you learn how to be less bitter, less judgemental, more accepting of others and more loving.

You advice is offensive, insensitive and narrow minded.
scary

Riesel, TX

#84 Jan 18, 2010
Askandgetrid wrote:
<quoted text>
No afence but if parents care about their children they best keep them it home let them do volunteer work in America theirs a lot of people needs help here at home
These parents should be nothing but proud of their children. I find it OFFENSIVE and I'm sure I'm not the only one

Since: Jan 10

Brunswick, GA

#85 Jan 18, 2010
The last thing the Hayes family needs or deserves is any criticism. I have a tremendous amount of respect for them in that they have traveled to the Dominican Republic and now Haiti to help with the search effort. They need our continued prayers and support. Now is not a time for the blame game or what-ifs.
Cannot believe the nerve

Ford City, PA

#86 Jan 18, 2010
Askandgetrid, please delete your post. Besides the fact that you can't spell offense or use the correct form of "there" in a sentence, the statement was ignorant and I feel would be very offensive to the family. Just put yourself in their place and maybe you will understand.
Numbnuts

Douglas, GA

#87 Jan 18, 2010
What a horrible thing to write on this thread.
meme

Kittanning, PA

#88 Jan 18, 2010
Askandgetrid:
Respectfully, I am a mother of three young kids,
I would feel so honored and thankful if I could raise my children to be the kind of givers these young college kids are. It does not get any better as a parent than to raise a child that wants to selflessly give back. These young people honorably went to the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere and wanted to help the Haitian people. They were not on a vacation; they were working to improve the lives of the most impoverished people.
All of these Lynn University parents have done an outstanding job raising young adults. These Lynn University students, including Courtney, represent the best of their generation. They want to give back and make the world a better place. The Haynes should be commended that they have raised such an incredible human-being. I am sure they worried for her, as all good parents would, but she is a young adult making very thoughtful decisions. Decisions that I, as a parent, would be extremely proud of! I feel so bad for them trying to find their beautiful child in a third world country that is being ravaged right now because people are starving and scared. Thankfully, we have young people willing to selflessly give of themselves.
Please uplift this family in prayer and their precious daughter. God Bless Them. I pray for a miracle tonight for their family.

“It Is What it Is”

Since: Aug 09

Miami, Florida

#89 Jan 18, 2010
Askandgetrid wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop people Stop...If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all...I get on here I piss people off all the time..Just ask Jack, strong coffee and several others..I am known for it is what it is...BUT...In this time of need I can stop for 10 minutes to focus on something beside hate and just downright rudeness. I know her sister, I know her hurt..I cry for her because she is alone while her parents search endlessly for her sister...If you were in her shoe’s would you appreciate the some of the comments on here..

GROW UP HAVE SOME COMPASSION BECAUSE JUST ONE DAY YOU MAY BE IN THEIR SHOE’S!!!
Barnyard

Byron, GA

#90 Jan 18, 2010
Askandgetrid, Are you an idiot IRL or do you just play one in cyberspace? Kudos to the Hayes family for raising a compassionate child like Courtney. The world could use more people like this young lady. I pray you are able to visit an under developed country one day so you can see first hand how blessed even the homeless have it in the U.S.
cowboy

Ford City, PA

#91 Jan 18, 2010
Don't forget why we are on this forum. I am here to ask that we keep praying, there is still hope. A 3 year old little girl was pulled from the rubble yesterday. She survived 5 days. These students along with Courtney are young and strong, they can survive. I am praying for a miracle. God will give them strength and will give their families strength also.
only me

Flowery Branch, GA

#92 Jan 18, 2010
Askandgetrid wrote:
<quoted text>
you spell that word "offense",and yes it is very very rude, and it hurt my heart to read such, if you have a heart you will delete your post, i bet if it was one of your family members there couldnt be enough in the world over there looking for your child,do you feel the same way about all the veterens who fought for our country for my ass and yours, and our ancestors too, you need to get a life, and hit them knees and ask for forgiveness,let me go aa cuss word its working its way up to my mind
only me

Flowery Branch, GA

#93 Jan 18, 2010
went pat Franklins office today and there was a big ellow ribbon on his door, i could not help but to cry...i hope all the down town merchants feel the sorrow and put a ribbon on thier doors too
sunshine

Blackshear, GA

#94 Jan 18, 2010
god be with her and everyone over there he is the ONLY one that will bring her home!!!
my oh my

Adel, GA

#95 Jan 18, 2010
Counts, I agree with your post.

Any news from Lauren today? Didn't get to call office today. Been a very hectic Monday. Prayers still going though. You don't have to hit your knees to pray. You can pray going down the road or going about your daily work. Be blessed.
Everyone Counts wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop people Stop...If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all...I get on here I piss people off all the time..Just ask Jack, strong coffee and several others..I am known for it is what it is...BUT...In this time of need I can stop for 10 minutes to focus on something beside hate and just downright rudeness. I know her sister, I know her hurt..I cry for her because she is alone while her parents search endlessly for her sister...If you were in her shoe’s would you appreciate the some of the comments on here..
GROW UP HAVE SOME COMPASSION BECAUSE JUST ONE DAY YOU MAY BE IN THEIR SHOE’S!!!
Heard

Cairo, GA

#96 Jan 18, 2010
Strong Coffee wrote:
Obamo is too busy trying help Martha Coakley get elected to Teddy's senate seat--if she loses then he loses most of his congressional support for his agenda. It appears that is far more important (to him) than assisting the folks in Haiti.
Strong Coffee
I have to agree with you on that!
only me

Flowery Branch, GA

#97 Jan 19, 2010
CONTINUING TO PRAY FOR LITTLE COURTNEY AND OTHERS, GOD PLEASE BRING FORTH YOUR HAND AND REMOVE THE RUBBLE...
my oh my

Adel, GA

#98 Jan 19, 2010
Just now got off phone with law office. They have no update for today as of yet. Said Angie had not called in yet. Said Lauren was doing as best as she could under the circumstances. Just keep the family in our prayers. I will call back later this afternoon to see what they know.

Have a blessed day all.
Windis Bridal

Fitzgerald, GA

#99 Jan 19, 2010
only me wrote:
went pat Franklins office today and there was a big ellow ribbon on his door, i could not help but to cry...i hope all the down town merchants feel the sorrow and put a ribbon on thier doors too
This is Windi from Windi's Bridal. I just checked my stock and I am out of the yellow ribbon. I have placed an order for some that will be in tomorrow or Thursday. If the down town merchants will come by, we will give them a bow to place on the doors. I will make a post when the ribbon comes in. The Hayes family is in our thoughts and prayers!!!
Old Coffee

Moultrie, GA

#100 Jan 19, 2010
my oh my wrote:
Just now got off phone with law office. They have no update for today as of yet. Said Angie had not called in yet. Said Lauren was doing as best as she could under the circumstances. Just keep the family in our prayers. I will call back later this afternoon to see what they know.
Have a blessed day all.
Thanks for the update!
georgia rain

Gainesville, GA

#101 Jan 19, 2010
praying for courtney and the family.this the a terrible thing to have happened.Lord give them strength.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
teacher at freshman campus 36 min team real 91
Poll would you shop at a local plus-size women's clo... 1 hr Just Keep Calm 6
any place that helps with clothes (baby clothes) 2 hr stamina 11
Baltimore Riots/Not just Protests 3 hr basketball jones 8
fact 6 hr stamina 24
another week 6 hr stamina 4
News Five arrested on drug charges in Douglas 17 hr stamina 2
More from around the web

Douglas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE