cowboy

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Praising God that Courtney Hayes from Douglas has been found alive and safe in Haiti. Her parents spent 40 hours in agony not knowing if their daughter was alive or not. God is good!
Spitfire

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

YES HE IS. MY HEARTFELT PRAYERS TO THE FAMILY AND TO COURTNEY. THANK YOU LORD FOR HER SAFETY. WHAT AN EXPERIENCE.
only me

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

THANKING GOD FOR COURTNEYS SAFETY, ALSO PRAYING FOR THE WHOLE ISLAND OF HAITI, WHAT A DISASTER..IM SURE THIS HAS BEEN A LIFE LONG SCARY EXPERIENCE FOR MANY....
georgia rain

Flowery Branch, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

thank God Courtney is safe. i am sure her parents are breathing much easier now. the agony had to be awful.
prayers

Dawson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

There was a HUGE mistake that happened today. Courtney Hayes was NOT found...Along with the other girls they said they found today. Please, keep her and her family in your prayers. I can't imagine the pain they are going through after being let down like that. Prayers to Haiti tonight for Courtney and all the other missing. Go to http://www.lynn.edu/alert to read what the school said about this mistake.
meme

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

I do not know the Hayes family, but I pray that their little girl is found. Please pray for them.
It is hard to understand the hardship these people are enduring in Haiti. Prayers. God Bless Them.
cowboy

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

Oh No.....I have just heard again that Courtney is still not accounted for. A mistake in the reports yesterday. Lots of prayers needed.
Old Coffee

Byron, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

Judged:

Jesus, I ask you to intercede for Courtney and her family. Be with them during this horrible time in their lives. If it be your will Lord, Please bring her back home safely. Please bring us all and Courtney and her Family a MIRACLE! in JESUS name amen
georgia rain

Flowery Branch, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

AMEN
cowboy

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

Amen and Amen.
Old Coffee

Byron, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

latest Update:

11:30 update - Lynn rescue efforts focused on Hotel Montana, Dominican Republic posts
By Lynn University on January 15, 2010 11:28 AM

As of this hour, separate rescue efforts underway to locate and evacuate four (4) missing Lynn University students and two (2) faculty members are focusing on transfer and holding sites in the Dominican Republic and the Hotel Montana site in Haiti.

Based on details provided by some of the eight (8) students flown home yesterday evening and arriving early this morning in Boca Raton, rescue teams working on Lynn's behalf are focusing additional resources in Haiti on the Hotel Montana site, where Lynn's 14 "Journey of Hope" members were staying during their trip to the country. Student reports indicate that the eight students evacuated overnight were together within minutes of the Tuesday evening earthquake, and stayed together until they were returned to the Lynn campus, and their families and friends, at approximately 12 a.m. this morning. Those student reports indicate that they believe the four missing students and two faculty members were in separate areas within the hotel at the time of the earthquake. Faculty members Patrick Hartwick and Richard Bruno are believed to have been in the fitness center at the time of the quake. The remaining students are thought to have been in their hotel rooms, which were located on the first and second floors of the Hotel Montana.

These reports have also been reinforced this morning by Lynn officials who have spoken with a Food for the Poor representative who was with the group in the Hotel Montana, and is currently in the hospital in the Dominican Republic for injuries sustained in the collapse of at least a portion of the hotel.(Lynn University is not releasing this individual's name at this time.)

Rescue teams that have been on the ground since Wednesday at 2 p.m. are currently focusing much of their efforts at this hour on the Hotel Montana as a result of these reports. Lynn officials have been told that reinforcements and resources are expected today, and may have already arrived, to aid in the search efforts. Additionally, the university is expecting members of a second rescue company (retained by Lynn) to arrive on site today as well.

Efforts in the Dominican Republic continue
Yesterday evening three members of the Lynn staff arrived in the Dominican Republic to meet evacuating students (the 8 accounted for) as well to search for missing students and faculty. Since that time, the three-person team - Chris Boniforti, chief information officer; Sheila Sheppard, associate director of the Center for Global Education and Citizenship; and Anthony Altieri, assistant dean of students - have continued to seek out information regarding those missing individuals, in addition to helping accelerate the evacuation last night of the eight Lynn students to Fort Lauderdale International airport's private terminal.

The group today continues to canvass aid centers, airports, hotels and embassy outposts, among other installations, in the Dominican Republic for news of Lynn's missing students (4) and faculty (2).

For more info go to: http://www.lynn.edu/alert
only me

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

S BEEN FOUND, SO IS SHE FOUND OR NOT, THE THE REPORTERS MAKE A MISTAKE? WHICH EVER THE CIRCUMSTANCE I KNOW THIS HAS TO BE A TRAUMATIC SITUATION FOR ALL..PLEASE IF SOMEONE KNOWS FOR SURE, PLEASE PST
sugarkane

Flowery Branch, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

NO SHE HAS NOT BEEN FOUND.
sugarkane

Flowery Branch, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

sorry about the double post.
Old Coffee

Byron, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

only me wrote:
S BEEN FOUND, SO IS SHE FOUND OR NOT, THE THE REPORTERS MAKE A MISTAKE? WHICH EVER THE CIRCUMSTANCE I KNOW THIS HAS TO BE A TRAUMATIC SITUATION FOR ALL..PLEASE IF SOMEONE KNOWS FOR SURE, PLEASE PST
At this point she has NOT been found. They recieved inacurate information yesterday. Franklin and his wife along with some of the University people are enroute to the Dominican Republic to search hospitals and to try to get to the Hotel Montana where the students were staying at the time of the earthquake. Angie is staying in touch with Franklin's office in Douglas. They will have the latest info.
Old Coffee

Byron, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

The Lynn University web-site now has several pictures taken of the group in Haiti just hours before the earthquake. http://www.lynn.edu/alert
sugarkane

Flowery Branch, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

praying that this helps to find them.they had no clue what was comming.

“It Is What it Is”

Since: Aug 09

Miami, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

I got a text from Loran her sister about 10 minutes ago and still nothing
meme

Kathleen, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

This is heartbreaking. Thank you for the informatvie posts. Please pray they can bring their little girl home safely. Let's hope she is just injured in the hospital or stranded and that she will be found safely. This upsets me so much because I can not imagine what her family is going through.
I will hold my children much closer tonight and say extra prayers for this family. She must of been an exceptionally sweet and kind person to go into this country and try to help these people.
Obviously, she is a very special human- being.
only me

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

THE WHOLE FAMILY OF HAYES ARE EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD PEOPLE...COURTNEY IS A BEAUTIFUL SPUNKY GIRL AND I ASK GOD TO COMFORT THEM ALL INVOLVED IN THIS DRASTIC TRAGEDY, NOT KNOWING ABOUT YOUR CHILD IS A PAINFUL EXPERIENCE

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of140
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

152 Users are viewing the Douglas Forum right now

Search the Douglas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Douglas 4 min Ummm 5
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 9 min Synergy 39,267
Representative 3 hr Gun Runner 141
First baptist 3 hr Hippy Chick 9
Johnny's pizza 4 hr Eggbert 40
Lawanda Joiner 8 hr Reality 9
Dallas Pastor Robert Jeffries and Southern Bap... (Oct '11) 10 hr Mel 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Douglas Jobs

•••
•••