DJ Tased at local cage fight?

Posted in the Douglas Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Coffee County Resident

United States

#1 Sep 19, 2010
I was at the fight last night and I seen deputies rush Matt from shine 101.9. Does anyone know what happened. I could hear but my field of view was blocked by the crowd.
backstreet

Norman Park, GA

#2 Sep 19, 2010
He got all up in their face and was loud. There is another thread on here about it at the end. He thinks he is cool like that.
lurker

Douglas, GA

#3 Sep 19, 2010
He got busted by his girlfriend for trying to pick up another young hooch. when girlfriend got upset he started screaming at her and threatening and crap. The law went over there to calm him down and he got worse he is such an ass but he didnt get tased
boozenpuken

Hahira, GA

#4 Sep 19, 2010
Hopefully it will be Devis in the morning from now on instead of Matt.
over here

United States

#5 Sep 19, 2010
boozenpuken wrote:
Hopefully it will be Devis in the morning from now on instead of Matt.
Amen
fightwatcher

Douglas, GA

#6 Sep 19, 2010
Or even Devis and Ryan. You know that arrogant Matt had the balls to facebook from his droid while arrested last night and said some really disrespectful things about the sheriff department. I think he was out of line, because #1 they did not arrest him just so he could be an "example" and to flatter "their super huge egos" besides- if he thought this about the sheriffs department, then why in the hell did he even go seeing how it was a production of Scott Harper's? He was arrested in view of everyone at the fight- they even put the spotlight on him as he was disorderly with his girlfriend and all of his coworkers.#2- he was there as a radio personality/employee for Shine 101.9 and on the clock. He had no business getting drunk on the job.But this is not the first time it has happened at a remote is it? Why do they tolerate it from him? Is it because someone high up at the station has a soft spot for drunks?#3 He says on facebook he offered to take a breath test to prove he was in his legal rights to be there- he may NOT have been drunk but he went ballistic at his girlfriend in a threatening manner, and when his coworkers tried to calm him he went off on them too- enough for the fight in the ring to stop and for them to put the "light" on Matt and his table. No matter his BAC- he was disorderly and they had the right to make him leave, which is what they tried to do before he decided he wanted to be uncooperative and then try to run from the deputies. Matt is a cradlerobbing drunk asshole-period. I wish that they HAD tased his sorry bony ass.
ohyeh

United States

#7 Sep 19, 2010
It's about time someone put him in his place. There is no "legal limit" to be in public drunk. legal limit to drive as we all know is 0.08 you can be as drunk as you want to be as long as u act right. If the ccso woulda tased him they would have caught hell tho. People would be bad mouthing them and saying they had no right to do it. Anyways Good job CCSO.
foodforthought

Gainesville, GA

#8 Sep 19, 2010
how many deputies were there for security and who paid them? a person told that there were cops everywhere looked like newyork swat teams.
really

Canada

#9 Sep 19, 2010
As many cops as there were at concert events at wiregrass.
it is what it is

Kittanning, PA

#10 Sep 19, 2010
foodforthought wrote:
how many deputies were there for security and who paid them? a person told that there were cops everywhere looked like newyork swat teams.
you reckon you will get a straight answer for this?

Who did pay them?
Coffee County Resident

United States

#11 Sep 19, 2010
Yea only one guy had on a tactical vest lol. They didn't really seem to care what you did as long as you didn't fight. There were three skirmishes resulting in arrests that I saw myself. Even the girls were trying to brawl. Gotta thank budweiser for the "extra" entertainment lol
some people

Andrews, TX

#12 Sep 19, 2010
it is what it is wrote:
<quoted text>
you reckon you will get a straight answer for this?
Who did pay them?
you people would bitch if they didnt have any one there
its not like they had deputies that were on duty in coffee co
these guys were off the clock so before you start "my tax dollars are paying them" bull shit know the facts
whinny

Gainesville, GA

#13 Sep 19, 2010
some people wrote:
<quoted text>
you people would bitch if they didnt have any one there
its not like they had deputies that were on duty in coffee co
these guys were off the clock so before you start "my tax dollars are paying them" bull shit know the facts
lord you got that right, people round here cant find enough to bitch about, thats one reason we cant have anything fun here.
pam

United States

#14 Sep 19, 2010
No morals, no respect for the law. This guy is such a bad example. It's time Higgs stepped up and fired this clown. Matt is just fast talking white trash. He keeps proving it. The station is becoming a nasty example of promoting his behavior and reckless lifestyle. Something needs to be done ASAP.
some people

Andrews, TX

#15 Sep 19, 2010
guess who will be the one footing the bill for him to get out of jail

guess who will still be working tomorrow morning

how many places do you know where you can go to work, get drunk while getting paid, and the boss really doesnt care

ONLY SHINE 101.9

the fb post has been deleted from last night
seems like a night in jail has "changed his ways"
UNTIL the next event
pam

United States

#16 Sep 19, 2010
And throwing Jesus' name all around. Makes me sick.
whinny

Gainesville, GA

#17 Sep 19, 2010
i really dont understand why everyone has such a problem with this guy, he is no more annoying than any other radio personality, and truthfully he has more personality than most we'v ever had here. if it isnt the music people fuss about its the people. ok he likes 18yr old girls,has a few kids, got a dui, and maybe has shown out a few times, but seriously people this is south ga look around you, he is no worse than most around here.. you call him names and talk crap but look through your family tree and tell me you dont have a "Matt" on a branch.
Looking

Douglas, GA

#18 Sep 19, 2010
whinny wrote:
i really dont understand why everyone has such a problem with this guy, he is no more annoying than any other radio personality, and truthfully he has more personality than most we'v ever had here. if it isnt the music people fuss about its the people. ok he likes 18yr old girls,has a few kids, got a dui, and maybe has shown out a few times, but seriously people this is south ga look around you, he is no worse than most around here.. you call him names and talk crap but look through your family tree and tell me you dont have a "Matt" on a branch.
We HAD a Matt on a branch but we threw a rock at him, knocked him off, and excommunicated him from the family.
really

Fitzgerald, GA

#19 Sep 19, 2010
what i wanna know is what happened with that other ambulance that showed up last night? the one that was there for the event didnt look to busy. just wondering.
whinny

Gainesville, GA

#20 Sep 19, 2010
point being is he has his demons and everyone else has thiers, I really doubt he is turning our youth into little Matt in the mornins, if they have a good up bringing with parents that talk to them and pay attention to what thier kids are doing then we have nothing to worry about, but unfortanatly most of the parents dont care what thier kids do or think thier kids are angels.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cory Jones Aka Meechie Aka Trey Jones!! 1 hr it stanks 27
Out of towner mama 9 hr dotellplease 39
denise boyd 10 hr the real stamina ... 12
Teacher question 12 hr Erasmo 9
Redneck Lives Matter 13 hr Hillary for Priso... 1
middle school baseball 13 hr doc 1
Gay teachers? 16 hr banditt 3
Magistrate Judge Race 23 hr Politico 67
More from around the web

Personal Finance