First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Overlooked

Gainesville, GA

#1 Feb 13, 2012
What a joke. Send "em a check and they will go away. Local rep is a joke and the whole organization is legalized extortion. According to newspaper, Nesmith says they represent everyone being discriminated against, why dont they change organization name to NAAP? National Association for the Advancement of People.........
blanco

Davenport, IA

#2 Feb 13, 2012
WHITE IS A COLOR TOO
yeah right

Annandale, MN

#3 Feb 13, 2012
Who was the old white man marching with them today?
Back2Stay

Gainesville, GA

#4 Feb 14, 2012
The old white man was Preacher Marty Wilkes...the NAACP represents all people...not just one color you idiots...they are for the civil rights of all...if you have a problem and believe your civil rights have been violated contact them...all colors, creeds, and national origins..you will see!
What to do

Gainesville, GA

#5 Feb 14, 2012
Back2Stay wrote:
The old white man was Preacher Marty Wilkes...the NAACP represents all people...not just one color you idiots...they are for the civil rights of all...if you have a problem and believe your civil rights have been violated contact them...all colors, creeds, and national origins..you will see!
Yes, I know that is what they claim, but you never hear of them representing ant whites, Mexicans, Indians etc. in case you haven't noticed, blacks are not the minority any more! Why is it they are still discussing the noose issue. If a black had made the comment to a black it would not have ever been a problem. From what the paper said these two officers were friends. Friends should be able to jake with each other. Today we have to be so worried about offending someone all the time. Perhaps some things are actually meant as a joke, not as being discriminatory. Why is it that a black can call a black the N word, but if a white says it, it's politically incorrect? It's just my opinion, but it seems like the NAACP is just seeking out things to make a big deal about. Also, NAACP does have "colored" people in the name. When have whites or Mexicans ever been referred to as "colored" . They may take on other civil cases, but their main priority is the blacks.....or they would change the name.
real

Gray, GA

#6 Feb 16, 2012
NAACP NOT just for blacks.....Mr. Marty is the only one that has a problem with people wronging others okay "so thats why he march he is for right and not just color so you all can get off of him with nonsense.......NAACP KEEP DOING YOUR JOB!!!
white

Douglas, GA

#7 Feb 19, 2012
lets have a NAAWP march
white 2

Douglas, GA

#8 Feb 19, 2012
Here in the south the white/black ratio is pretty close. The white male cannot get a job with UPS here. And there's so many other jobs we can't get because we're the white male. We should have NAAWP as well as WET (White Entertainment Television), Miss White American, a White College Fund. I don't know anyone living today who had anything to do with the past. I hate that it happened and wouldn't stand for it today. But, let's just say it never happened. There would be very few blacks in America. Blacks would still be in Africa either dead or starving. If blacks are born here in America they should call theirself American and don't put a Africa in front of it. That's what separates us. If you live here act like it. I don't want to see a Mexican flag flying here either. Either be American or go back to where you say you're from.
White 3

Douglas, GA

#9 Feb 19, 2012
Amen ... I agree with White 2.
Gun Runner

Hamilton, OH

#10 Feb 19, 2012
The blacks have recently decided that it is an insult to refer to them as African Americans as all blacks are not from Africa. They are to be called black.

Rewrite the history books but I suggest waiting until after Obama finishes rewriting the constitution (as it pertains to Presidential powers).
White 2

Douglas, GA

#11 Feb 19, 2012
Let me finish by saying...Obama is not black. He's half white. But he's one I'm not sure where he's from.
Bottom Line

United States

#12 Feb 19, 2012
Larry is crazy. I am tired of seeing
him on the front page. It is ridicilious!
Most everyone in his house get a check. He
is known to have domestic issues at his
house often. He just has too many issues
with too many peoples. Have the crazy
take a psychological that he couldn't pass
and please please please don't let him
substitute in your child's class. He is
on the list. People do you.r research
NAACP

Douglas, GA

#13 Feb 19, 2012
LARRY IS NOT A SEX OFFENDER YALL LEAVE HIM ALONE HE DONT HAVE ANY VIOLENCE HE IS A GODLY MAN
deepsouth

United States

#14 Feb 19, 2012
I have been accused by several to be a racist & prejudice man. This is mainly because I tell it how I see it. These are a few facts I have learned as a mid aged white male: its nearly impossible for a black woman to get a job as a secretary in a white small business. A black male has a very little chance for promotions pay raises. White People doesn't want black males to be in positions such as doctors, pilots, lawyers, plant managers & other professional posistions. They prefer them to drive big trucks, join the miltary, or work in a chicken plant. I know this bc I have owned my own business, held a major position at a chicken plant & had a job managing over 75 blacks as an administrator in a major retail chain. No I don't understand each culture of the world but I know God made all for a reason. I also know blacks deserve a chance to be doctors and plant managers. A man is made by his actions not his color. I support the ncaap and alot of their cases but they have alot more work do to the system is very unfair still this far down south

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#15 Feb 19, 2012
NAACP is the national association of always complaining people
Omg

Douglas, GA

#16 Feb 19, 2012
Gun Runner wrote:
The blacks have recently decided that it is an insult to refer to them as African Americans as all blacks are not from Africa. They are to be called black.
Rewrite the history books but I suggest waiting until after Obama finishes rewriting the constitution (as it pertains to Presidential powers).
Was The black Americans sold to the whites by their own parents? Lots of whites and black parents allow there kids to prostitute to bring money home.(selling thier own kin) Yea there was abuse back then but people are doing same thing to there own race these days . People are abuseing wives Kids Elderly parents in the same torturd manner. Changing in times but things still going on just advertised in a different way
ziggy

Douglas, GA

#17 Feb 20, 2012
deepsouth wrote:
I have been accused by several to be a racist & prejudice man. This is mainly because I tell it how I see it. These are a few facts I have learned as a mid aged white male: its nearly impossible for a black woman to get a job as a secretary in a white small business. A black male has a very little chance for promotions pay raises. White People doesn't want black males to be in positions such as doctors, pilots, lawyers, plant managers & other professional posistions. They prefer them to drive big trucks, join the miltary, or work in a chicken plant. I know this bc I have owned my own business, held a major position at a chicken plant & had a job managing over 75 blacks as an administrator in a major retail chain. No I don't understand each culture of the world but I know God made all for a reason. I also know blacks deserve a chance to be doctors and plant managers. A man is made by his actions not his color. I support the ncaap and alot of their cases but they have alot more work do to the system is very unfair still this far down south
I beg to differ with you. I am sure there are some of the hard core haters that will disagree with me. White people elected a black president, blacks could not have elected him. I personally have a BLACK dentist I see often. I myself have offered up promotions for blacks in my profession as a supervisor. Now don't go around lumping everyone together.

That is an excuse you are using for blacks to use to sue companies and the goverment. Blacks have gotten free handouts for farm loan discrimination and are fixing to get more to the tune of 20 Billion dollars. I bet that there are not 1% of them that are and have received this 50,000 dollars ever farmed, much less been denied a loan.

Sure the black's were mistreated to a point. I am for one that have never treated one wrong because of their skin color. On the other hand it makes me sick to be in line at the grocery story behind one that is younger and healther than me and I pay in cash and they flip the peachs card out to pay for their's.

The reason a lot of black{and whites} don't do better in their job is they are waiting for someone to give them something. I have never been given something, I earned my job promotions and my living by working my azz off. If everybody, including blacks would take pride in their jobs{first off get one} then the complaining would stop. Get off your butt and go to work. Then the tension would subside somewhat. Thank you, Elvis has left the building.
Duke

Douglas, GA

#18 Feb 20, 2012
ziggy wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ with you. I am sure there are some of the hard core haters that will disagree with me. White people elected a black president, blacks could not have elected him. I personally have a BLACK dentist I see often. I myself have offered up promotions for blacks in my profession as a supervisor. Now don't go around lumping everyone together.
That is an excuse you are using for blacks to use to sue companies and the goverment. Blacks have gotten free handouts for farm loan discrimination and are fixing to get more to the tune of 20 Billion dollars. I bet that there are not 1% of them that are and have received this 50,000 dollars ever farmed, much less been denied a loan.
Some things you say are true, but let's not say blacks are waiting on someone to give them something. Not all blacks sit at home and wait on a check. Many do work and earn their keep, but you want to put all blacks in the lazy category and that's just not correct. Their are just as many whites and hispanics on welfare as there are blacks. What's funny is that when Blacks get a good job, they are always talked about by people like you wondering how did they get the job. There are many intelligent Black people in this county so if you're going to knock one race, please don't insult the entire race because of a few bad apples. I'm sure if you look around, you'll definitely see some lazy and sorry whites that sit around and wait on a check or go around stealing for some drugs like Meth or pain pills.
Sure the black's were mistreated to a point. I am for one that have never treated one wrong because of their skin color. On the other hand it makes me sick to be in line at the grocery story behind one that is younger and healther than me and I pay in cash and they flip the peachs card out to pay for their's.
The reason a lot of black{and whites} don't do better in their job is they are waiting for someone to give them something. I have never been given something, I earned my job promotions and my living by working my azz off. If everybody, including blacks would take pride in their jobs{first off get one} then the complaining would stop. Get off your butt and go to work. Then the tension would subside somewhat. Thank you, Elvis has left the building.
Some things you say are true, but let's not say blacks are waiting on someone to give them something. Not all blacks sit at home and wait on a check. Many do work and earn their keep, but you want to put all blacks in the lazy category and that's just not correct. Their are just as many whites and hispanics on welfare as there are blacks. What's funny is that when Blacks get a good job, they are always talked about by people like you wondering how did they get the job. There are many intelligent Black people in this county so if you're going to knock one race, please don't insult the entire race because of a few bad apples. I'm sure if you look around, you'll definitely see some lazy and sorry whites that sit around and wait on a check or go around stealing for some drugs like Meth or pain pills.
NAACP

Douglas, GA

#19 Feb 20, 2012
i agree coffee county is full of racism white people in town and they need to grow up i support the NAACP just Jacobs dont city manager cause they will fire him
ziggy

Douglas, GA

#20 Feb 20, 2012
Duke wrote:
<quoted text>
Some things you say are true, but let's not say blacks are waiting on someone to give them something. Not all blacks sit at home and wait on a check. Many do work and earn their keep, but you want to put all blacks in the lazy category and that's just not correct. Their are just as many whites and hispanics on welfare as there are blacks. What's funny is that when Blacks get a good job, they are always talked about by people like you wondering how did they get the job. There are many intelligent Black people in this county so if you're going to knock one race, please don't insult the entire race because of a few bad apples. I'm sure if you look around, you'll definitely see some lazy and sorry whites that sit around and wait on a check or go around stealing for some drugs like Meth or pain pills.
Huh. I thought that is what I just posted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wal Mart Shop Lifters 1 hr Meh 5
Arrest 2 hr lol baby 15
Bedgood Girls (Jul '12) 3 hr Sheblind 22
Baymeadows Fireworks? 5 hr DXC 5
tjb 15 hr rjn 1
Dog owners in BAYMEDOWS Thu Vivian 29
Cracker Barrel (Oct '15) Wed Bobo 17

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages