Jennifer Nettles
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
old doc

Gainesville, GA

#1 Apr 22, 2011
Jennifer was given a country superstar award on a CBS program in Las Vegas along with Reba, Judds, Carrie Underwood, etc.. Aside from her singing, there was also a several minute video piece on Douglas, her hometown, including a lot of Douglas scenes and interviews with former teachers.(This filming must have been done a few weeks ago when it was reported her partner, Christian, was in Douglas filming some locations here.) She did a very good job on the program!
Amy

Denver, PA

#2 Apr 23, 2011
Do you know if the program will come on again??

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3 Apr 23, 2011
I'm sure its online somewhere AKA Google.
Little Red Hen

Gainesville, GA

#4 Apr 23, 2011
It was. Brad Riner sent out an email telling that he and John O'Brien were interviewed by Nettles' partner and that it would show last night.
Trojan Alum

Columbus, GA

#5 Apr 23, 2011
Jennifer was not talented but she has always set goals and was smart in achieving them. When 4-H Club last year was in danger of being cut by the legislature, she went and spoke about what 4-H and Coffee County had meant to her. It was very, very touching.
Haha

Fitzgerald, GA

#7 Apr 23, 2011
so she finally claims douglas? so proud of her!!! maybe she will come around a lot more then!
Douglas needs to step up

Kittanning, PA

#8 Apr 23, 2011
Jennifer claims Douglas, Douglas doesn't seem to claim her. No other town in America would pass up the opportunity to claim one of it's own celebrities. Where's the Home of Jennifer Nettles signs?

We proudly proclaimed Douglas as the Home of Larry Hinson and Joel Parrish on billboards in years past, why are we holding the love for this young lady? Is a Country Music singing sensation not as highly reguarded as a Golf Pro or a Football star?
rebelbynature

Tifton, GA

#9 Apr 24, 2011
Douglas needs to step up wrote:
Jennifer claims Douglas, Douglas doesn't seem to claim her. No other town in America would pass up the opportunity to claim one of it's own celebrities. Where's the Home of Jennifer Nettles signs?
We proudly proclaimed Douglas as the Home of Larry Hinson and Joel Parrish on billboards in years past, why are we holding the love for this young lady? Is a Country Music singing sensation not as highly reguarded as a Golf Pro or a Football star?
I totally agree!
read

Moultrie, GA

#10 Apr 24, 2011
Jennifer, has worked hard to get to where she is now.Yes I do think a sign on the north , south, east , west enterance to Fouglas should be put up.But only if Jennifer aproves of the signs. We as Coffee County Citizens should let Jennifer know that we are proud of her.
coffeegurl

Adel, GA

#11 Apr 24, 2011
read wrote:
Jennifer, has worked hard to get to where she is now.Yes I do think a sign on the north , south, east , west enterance to Fouglas should be put up.But only if Jennifer aproves of the signs. We as Coffee County Citizens should let Jennifer know that we are proud of her.
I second that motion!! Jennifer is a outstanding singer and song writer. I've seen her on tv several times and she has always said she was from Douglas.And if you look on her fan website she says she is from Douglas and is very fond of her memories here.
Welfare Cheese Cat

Gainesville, GA

#12 Apr 24, 2011
She is wothout a doubt the most famous person from Coffee County this millineum. She has a career in the music business that may be 15 years in the making if not more. Keep up the good work!
Southern Gal

Gainesville, GA

#13 Apr 24, 2011
Welfare Cheese Cat wrote:
She is wothout a doubt the most famous person from Coffee County this millineum. She has a career in the music business that may be 15 years in the making if not more. Keep up the good work!
That's only if you cross out the damn druggies and white trash that CC is so well known for.

Since: Mar 11

Douglas,Ga

#14 Apr 24, 2011
Amy wrote:
Do you know if the program will come on again??
You can see it you tube under Jennifer Nettles Tribute (Duet with Ronnie Dunn)-AMC Girls Night Out. I think Jennifer is an amazing singer and song writer.We should all be very proud of her.

Location hidden

#15 Apr 25, 2011
Douglas needs to step up wrote:
I've never seen any of those signs but I am opposed to ANY Jennifer Nettles sign going up. Its corny, cheap and a little embarrassing. I am so sick of this BS Celebrity worship. Douglas has more to offer then just being the once upon a time home of a Country singer.

Location hidden

#16 Apr 25, 2011
read wrote:
We as Coffee County Citizens should let Jennifer know that we are proud of her.
She doesnt need to know your proud of her, she has a big loving family that can handle that. Coffee County should remain the way it is, we don't need any goofy signs put up everywhere.
just saying_

Byron, GA

#17 Apr 25, 2011
Do you think she would come to Douglas to do a concert? Since she loves where she was born and not charge so much. Do I think she owes douglas? No, but you say we need billboards to claim her.So why do you think douglas needs to claim her if she don't try to do nothing for douglas like a concert to benefit something that is needed for douglas. She could come do a concert and not charge douglas but charge her fans ten dollars for adult and five dollars for kids and donate the money to something like schools for food or computers ext.... Anyways if she loved where she was born so much than she would come and show it! Yes, she is a great singer and a great person. And I know she is busy but when she comes down to see her family than I think it would be a great time to do something for her fans here in douglas. And I bet there will be a lot of fans there. Maybe one day she will do it and we would have more thangs to say bout her and she would be welcome by douglas. I would love to take my family to her concert when she has it in douglas. And it can't be in a bar or club here cause there will be underage people there.
Also do yall think she would be a good
roemodol for our kids? There would be kids here that would love to be like her and would set better goals.

Anyways I did not point finger nor did I take a side I just thought maybe this could be the reason why douglas is like it is!

Since: Apr 11

Adel, GA

#18 Apr 25, 2011
just saying_ wrote:
Do you think she would come to Douglas to do a concert? Since she loves where she was born and not charge so much. Do I think she owes douglas? No, but you say we need billboards to claim her.So why do you think douglas needs to claim her if she don't try to do nothing for douglas like a concert to benefit something that is needed for douglas. She could come do a concert and not charge douglas but charge her fans ten dollars for adult and five dollars for kids and donate the money to something like schools for food or computers ext.... Anyways if she loved where she was born so much than she would come and show it! Yes, she is a great singer and a great person. And I know she is busy but when she comes down to see her family than I think it would be a great time to do something for her fans here in douglas. And I bet there will be a lot of fans there. Maybe one day she will do it and we would have more thangs to say bout her and she would be welcome by douglas. I would love to take my family to her concert when she has it in douglas. And it can't be in a bar or club here cause there will be underage people there.
Also do yall think she would be a good
roemodol for our kids? There would be kids here that would love to be like her and would set better goals.
Anyways I did not point finger nor did I take a side I just thought maybe this could be the reason why douglas is like it is!
GREAT POST! I agree!
gagirl

Fitzgerald, GA

#19 Apr 25, 2011
She has always said atlanta was her hometown. Is she ashamed of Douglas
FOOTBALL HERO

United States

#20 Apr 25, 2011
got an idea she can have benefit concert and give the money to the touchdown club. they can piss it away on a DOME. and we will win one football maybe. what yall think
Billboards

Moultrie, GA

#21 Apr 25, 2011
David_Banner wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never seen any of those signs but I am opposed to ANY Jennifer Nettles sign going up. Its corny, cheap and a little embarrassing. I am so sick of this BS Celebrity worship. Douglas has more to offer then just being the once upon a time home of a Country singer.
They were huge billboards, either you were too young to remember or planted roots here after the fact, proclaiming Douglas home to Joel Parrish and to Larry Hinson.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Magistrate Judge Race 39 min Politics 59
denise boyd 2 hr the real stamina ... 10
Christians today 2 hr the real stamina ... 9
Liz Steverson 3 hr SMH 1
Lillian Blaine/ Bailey 5 hr Jones 3
2 white boys gets knockout in black club ( rozay) (Apr '14) 5 hr Monel Smith 47
A cut above 5 hr LAB 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages