First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just Askin

United States

#1 Jan 18, 2009
Does any body know who it was that got killed in the wreck that happened on new forest hwy today about 3:00 pm?
sugarkane

Gainesville, GA

#2 Jan 18, 2009
gary highsmith,son of carroll highsmith.several were hurt.i think a sister had emergency surgery
and have heard that one was sent to savannah.
chris merritt was also involved in this accident.
Online Investigator

Moultrie, GA

#3 Jan 18, 2009
Someone said it was Jerry Highsmith with his wife and kids. Not sure who all was injured or passed away.
jill

Ocilla, GA

#4 Jan 18, 2009
Does anyone know about the wreck on Hwy 158 on Thursday?
Curious

Moultrie, GA

#5 Jan 18, 2009
Which Chris Merritt? How badly was he hurt?
not again

Broxton, GA

#6 Jan 18, 2009
chris is a fine young man, may GOD be with him.
Curious

Moultrie, GA

#7 Jan 18, 2009
not again wrote:
chris is a fine young man, may GOD be with him.
Is it Chris that has the brothers Merritt: Daryl, Don, and Tony? They are ALL fine wonderful men and I pray,(really- no matter which Chris it is) that he is not injured badly. I pray for all involved in the wreck.
Ivy

Arlington, TX

#8 Jan 18, 2009
I have a friend that is asking for any details available about this accident. She lives out of state and the guy that perished in this accident, Jerry Highsmith, is her cousin. I found this forum by searching for news in Douglas, GA. Anything that you could provide by way of news for her would be greatly appreciated. I did link her to this forum so she may come post for herself as well.

Thank you and this is so sad :(
Curious

Moultrie, GA

#9 Jan 18, 2009
Ivy, tell your friend to check the WALB website tomorrow. www.walb.com

They had the story on the 11:00 pm news tonight, but did not update their website. It should be updated tomorrow with the story on it. My sympathy to your friend and her family.
kitty

Moultrie, GA

#10 Jan 19, 2009
WAYCROSS Journal Herald

Five Are Seriously Injured In Coffee County Collision

DOUGLAS - One person was killed and five people were seriously injured Sunday when two vehicles collided on New Forest Highway, about seven miles from Douglas in Coffee County, said the Georgia State Patrol, Douglas post.
Jerome Highsmith, 38, of Midway, was killed in the 2:46 p.m. accident, said Joann Lacey, GSP communications officer.
Both drivers, Christie Highsmith, 31, of Midway, and Christopher Merrett, 36, of Douglas, along with three children, Trenton Gustafson, 12, of Richmond Hill, Savannah Highsmith, 13, of Midway, and Laney Highsmith, 6, of Midway, all passengers in the Highsmith vehicle, were taken to Coffee Regional Medical Center with serious injuries, Lacey said.
Trooper M.W. Marsh has not completed his accident report and details about the crash occurred were not available.
TONI SWINDELL

Midway, GA

#11 Jan 19, 2009
JERRY AND CHRISY WERE AT MY HOME SATURDAY NIGHT WITH ONE OF THEIR DAUGHTERS LANNY. LANNY ATE HER WEIGHT IN STRAWBERYY ICE CREAM.THEY WERE ON THEIR WAY TO DOUGLAS TO VISIT CHRISTY'S FAMILY. THIS IS JUST AWFUL.WE NEED TO ALL PRAY FOR THIS FAMILY.
TONI
Ivy

Kennedale, TX

#12 Jan 19, 2009
Thank you all for the information. I have passed it along. Please keep positive thoughts for their family :(
rooster

Tifton, GA

#13 Jan 19, 2009
I JUST READ ON ANOTHER FORUM THAT THE LITTLE GIRL THAT THEY SENT TO SAVANNAH TODAY PASSED AWAY. SOOOO SAD
Christine

Tunkhannock, PA

#14 Jan 19, 2009
rooster wrote:
I JUST READ ON ANOTHER FORUM THAT THE LITTLE GIRL THAT THEY SENT TO SAVANNAH TODAY PASSED AWAY. SOOOO SAD
Yes, her name is Savannah, and she did pass away today. Jerry is my cousin; our mothers are sisters, but we live up in Pennsylvania.
Can you post a link to the other forum you mentioned? I'd like to read that too.
Strong Coffee

Silver Spring, MD

#17 Jan 19, 2009
Christine,

Here is the link you requested:

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp...

Strong Coffee
Khighsmith

Gainesville, GA

#19 Jan 20, 2009
Hey... I am Jerry Highsmiths oldest daughter...from what we know he was found dead on arival and my little sister savannah died in memorial hospital last night. Laney if fine and Trenton is still in ICU... Keep our family in your prayers please.
Thanks,
Kortney
online investigator

Adel, GA

#20 Jan 20, 2009
We will do Kortney and Thanks for giving us a update! Know that you all have alot of friends in the community here if you need anything.
rooster

Tifton, GA

#21 Jan 20, 2009
prayers for your family kortney and like online investigator said if theres anything you or your family needs please don't hesitate to let us know on here and how to contact you and remember our love is with the whole family.
sugarkane

Gainesville, GA

#22 Jan 20, 2009
my prayer's are with you and your family.
noZ

Gainesville, GA

#23 Jan 20, 2009
I talked to Trent's parents today. He should be ok. They had him transferred to Savannah, since that is closer to home. He doesn't remember anything and they aren't telling him anything yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Gardner 57 min Peter Robert 1
Fat boy medders 1 hr your buddy 11
Affirmative action 1 hr just to say 2
Pay Ponds in Coffee County 3 hr CheckMate 4
Doris Worrell Murder Case (Nov '11) 4 hr George 410
Animal Cruelty 5 hr pam 12
Premium Water (Jan '14) 6 hr curious legally 22
terry moore 9 hr cp 5
new churchs chicken 9 hr cp 51
•••