WTF Is a "dead southern bishop"??

WTF Is a "dead southern bishop"??

Posted in the Douglas Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Gator Hater81

Alma, GA

#1 Sep 23, 2012
I've seen a few cars and trucks around town with a couple of diffrent looking stickers that read "dead southern bishop" My newphew told me it was a heavy metal band from the area. With a name like that they proably worship the devil, most of that heavy metal bullshit is evil!!
blahblah

Kittanning, PA

#2 Sep 23, 2012
An AWESOME heavy metal band! Before you judge, find out about them. oh FYI, Gator HATER, isnt "hate" a sin? So if hate it a sin, does that make you a follower of Satan? The devil loves people who hate.:D
HoldOnHoss

Oakfield, GA

#3 Sep 23, 2012
Gator Hater81 wrote:
I've seen a few cars and trucks around town with a couple of diffrent looking stickers that read "dead southern bishop" My newphew told me it was a heavy metal band from the area. With a name like that they proably worship the devil, most of that heavy metal bullshit is evil!!
Make some use of the internet and look them up and see for yourself.
Gator Hater81

Alma, GA

#4 Sep 23, 2012
Well I did check them out and they look pretty strange let alone the music if you can call it that sounds like a demonic possession!! Far as my handle on here, its ment very light hearted!! Its just deep passion about foot ball!!
jdb

Ford City, PA

#5 Sep 23, 2012
acctuallly all the people in that band are amazing people my ex-stepdad was in that band and he went to church every sunday and wednesday. so no, they dont all worship the devil. peole shouldnt be judged by the type of music they sing or listin too.
pocketofmuthafuk instones

Douglas, GA

#6 Sep 24, 2012
Art scares fundies, something in the bible about art being from the devil or some stupid shit. If you dont like how it sounds dont frigging listen to it, at least we dont plaster the crap all over the place like you fundies do with all you bible passages and prayers for everyone and all that stuff. Big deal you saw a bumper sticker, go pray and it will be ok.
Gator Hater81

Alma, GA

#7 Sep 24, 2012
Well excuse me, I was raised and taught that heavy metal is evil and full of subliminal messages!! And it is, bands like Ozzy has been taken to court for making fans kill their self!! And this band has a name that may as well be dead preacher!! Why do they want a preacher/bishop dead? I cant understand a damn word they say in their music but by reading their song titles it sounds like they are making fun of relgion. Confession, Penance, and White Trash Queen!! Im sure these guys will hope they confessed their sins before they parish in the flames for their penace!!
dipedandfried

Douglas, GA

#8 Sep 24, 2012
Gator Hater81 wrote:
Well excuse me, I was raised and taught that heavy metal is evil and full of subliminal messages!! And it is, bands like Ozzy has been taken to court for making fans kill their self!! And this band has a name that may as well be dead preacher!! Why do they want a preacher/bishop dead? I cant understand a damn word they say in their music but by reading their song titles it sounds like they are making fun of relgion. Confession, Penance, and White Trash Queen!! Im sure these guys will hope they confessed their sins before they parish in the flames for their penace!!
why dont you go climb back up on your cross you old pos redneck. You gota be kidding ozzy, haha that is some funny stuff right there. You are alot like those clowns over in muhamid land that go crazy anytime anyone says something "blasphemous", you should build a suicide vest and go spread the good news somewhere like Iran you hillbilly.
yep

Douglas, GA

#9 Sep 24, 2012
Im not a redneck or a hillbilly and i love good metal but this garbage they sing and scream just flat out sucks really. its a disgrace to good metal in general
RealityBites

Paynesville, MN

#10 Sep 24, 2012
They played an event at Wiregrass Tech a few years back. People complained and threatened to leave.
dipedandfried

Douglas, GA

#11 Sep 24, 2012
well well the xtian is a closet metal head. I admit this isnt slayer or cradle of filth, but you gota respect a metal band from douglas man that gets big props from me. Local art is like gold around here, most people are too busy trying to score pills or steal money or watch football. Even if you dont dig their tunes man, do you play an instrument?
yep

Douglas, GA

#12 Sep 24, 2012
dipedandfried wrote:
well well the xtian is a closet metal head. I admit this isnt slayer or cradle of filth, but you gota respect a metal band from douglas man that gets big props from me. Local art is like gold around here, most people are too busy trying to score pills or steal money or watch football. Even if you dont dig their tunes man, do you play an instrument?
i gotta agree with you on that . i give em props for at least trying and its nice to see some metal bands around this Shit hole.
JDT1979

Alma, GA

#13 Sep 24, 2012
yep wrote:
Im not a redneck or a hillbilly and i love good metal but this garbage they sing and scream just flat out sucks really. its a disgrace to good metal in general
I'm interested to know what you consider to be good metal?
yep

Douglas, GA

#14 Sep 24, 2012
JDT1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm interested to know what you consider to be good metal?
why? So you can try to compare and contrast ? They just suck in my opinion . Its no big deal really.
Blake of DSB

Alma, GA

#15 Sep 24, 2012
Well... Well, I must say all this is amusing to say the least!!! I swear, I never thought we would make it to the gossip threads of the Douglas topix pages!! But Gator Hater fear not, no member of DSB lives in Douglas, or Coffee County anymore!! But I did see you posted from Alma, Ga and two out of three band members do live in Alma now. So watch out for the boogie man and evil spirits we conjure up with our devil-worshiping!! Tell you what let us know where we can reach you, beacuse next time we worship Satan were gonna scarafice a dumb-fuck.
By the way, we apperciate the words of suppourt, and everyone is entilted to their opnion. Music is a very opionated subject. Are there folks that dont care for our music in one way or another? Sure, but we know we have lots of fans who adore what we do!!!
what now

Moultrie, GA

#16 Sep 24, 2012
I have known one of the band's members for years, him and his wife. They are very intelligent, nice, and caring people. If you don't like their music, don't listen to it. But please respect everyone's right to choose their own likes and dislikes.
clift

United States

#18 Sep 25, 2012
Man, people are ignorant. Judge something by word of mouth or something you heard on tv. *facepalm*
Moral Orel

Valdosta, GA

#19 Sep 25, 2012
Take that heathen!
Barkely

Douglas, GA

#20 Sep 25, 2012
I am sitting in a padded cell. The room is rather large, but not large enough to fit all my friends. I eat soup by my window. They don't let me out to talk to the other patients, so all of my friends are imaginary. I do have a bunch of them though, and I keep asking for a larger cell so all of my friends will fit.
well

Douglas, GA

#21 Sep 25, 2012
@ least you're comfy & they let you eat soup. Lmbo, that WAS funny stuff. Oh & you have a view to eat your soup by, bahahaha. Loved it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chad Tucker 1 hr queenbee 9
Tall tale? 3 hr Lol baby 9
Coffee Co Cowards 3 hr Lovinlife 42
queenblabber 14 hr blabber buster 5
C A Chaney 14 hr Matt the cuz 4
Endless blabber? 20 hr lol baby 11
drama mama 20 hr lol baby 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages