Pilgrim's Pride closing again???

Posted in the Douglas Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Concerned

Gainesville, GA

#1 Mar 6, 2011
I was told yesterday that Pilgrim's Pride will be closing their doors again. Does anyone know if this is true or not? It directly affects my family and myself and I'm praying it's not true.
NOOO

Donnellson, IA

#2 Mar 12, 2011
If it directly effected you then you would know thats totally not true. My husband is a chicken farmer and there is no such. He is getting his second batch of birds at the end of this month.
reality

Greenbrier, AR

#3 Mar 13, 2011
I love seeing all the poor chicken farmers buying their kids new cars and trucks with the money from Obama. Wonder if they'll vote for him next time? No better than the welfare mamas they turn their noses up to. Greedy bunch of hypocrites.
i know

Sycamore, GA

#4 Mar 14, 2011
maybe you need to get you some chicken houses. that way you can buy new cars & trucks & not be so jealous
Iknow

Paynesville, MN

#5 Mar 14, 2011
reality wrote:
I love seeing all the poor chicken farmers buying their kids new cars and trucks with the money from Obama. Wonder if they'll vote for him next time? No better than the welfare mamas they turn their noses up to. Greedy bunch of hypocrites.
Maybe if you went for so long with out any source of money, when you finally got some you would buy your kids nice things too. And honey let me tell ya...$100,000 don't got far.... When your chicken houses sit for a long time without use, several thousand go to fix things that have to be upgraded... And one chicken house cost $250,000 to build. JUST ONE. So why don't you go spend a little while being a chicken farmer and let me know how that $100,000 would help you! And just because your miserable don't mean everyone else has to be! And read the guidlines on welfare... You gotta have a job to get it too! And Obama wasn't the one who decided on the money! So read up on that!

“I got attitude for ya”

Since: Sep 10

U cant handle the whopper

#6 Mar 14, 2011
anyone got some chickens i'm hongry
kevin

Sleepy Eye, MN

#7 Mar 14, 2011
Reality is right. Chicken farmers chose to be chicken farmers. When the work vanished, they could find other work or do something besides sit on their asses and wait for government money to start over. But oh no, they are all white and rich (or act like it) and spend the money on buying their kids camaros and $50000 pickups. Makes sense to me. Defend it all you want, but it's not right. And these are the first kind of people who talk bad about welfare mamas and white trash people. They are no better, they just have nicer vehicles that the government bought them. And no I'm not jealous, I earn my pay and buy my own shit. I don't need a bailout from the government to do it for me.
fed up

Moultrie, GA

#8 Mar 14, 2011
they still had cows,hay bussinesses,farms so they were not broke still drove new trucks and took fishing trips
Tenise

Ocilla, GA

#9 Mar 15, 2011
well if it werent for the chicken farmers......half the ppl in coffee county would still be unemployed1!!! think about that one when youre hungry and want some chicken to eat lol
Gene

Sleepy Eye, MN

#10 Mar 15, 2011
We are talking about the ones who are sorry and live off the government money but claim to be hardworking rich folks. There are several in Atkinson County. Kids go to CCA, everyone drives new cars, fine jewelry, but no chickens in the house. Thank goodness that money came before the chickens. We wouldn't want Little Sally feeling less than when she drives to private school in that new car. LOL

For the honest hardworking farmers, this isn't about you.
Donna

Gardner, MA

#11 Mar 15, 2011
I am opening a chicken restaurant and live in Massachusetts and am looking to use a local farmer . does anyone know of anyone that can supply a large amount of fresh birds, and also looking for local farmers to supply the produce...thank you
HMMM

United States

#12 Mar 15, 2011
Well honey I can promise you, no one in my house drives a new vehicle and lets not forget I'm the farmers wife and I live in a double wide trailor! And I still work, and no my child don't go to CCA. Ambrose is just fine with us. My husband works from day light to dark, sometimes til 2 and 3 in the morning to provide for his family, and FYI farmers that grow hay ususally grow it to feed livestock... if you knew anything about farming you would know these things. It cost money to feed cows, and once you sell them, their gone! I cant stand people who act like this... And more power to a woman with welfare tryin to take care of her family!
The Little Red Hen

Gainesville, GA

#13 Mar 15, 2011
Donna wrote:
I am opening a chicken restaurant and live in Massachusetts and am looking to use a local farmer . does anyone know of anyone that can supply a large amount of fresh birds, and also looking for local farmers to supply the produce...thank you
Bless your heart! Sweety, you have stumbled upon a South Georgia gossip fest. No one down here can help you, darlin'

You need to find some Yankee chicken farmers to help you out, Sugar!
AMEN

United States

#14 Mar 15, 2011
The Little Red Hen wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless your heart! Sweety, you have stumbled upon a South Georgia gossip fest. No one down here can help you, darlin'
You need to find some Yankee chicken farmers to help you out, Sugar!
Aint that the truth!
tell it all

Flowery Branch, GA

#15 Mar 15, 2011
i agree, when i got laid off from my job,i still had a house payment, car payment, and all the other bills, and all i got from the government was 330 a week, the government didn't care if i lost everything. so where is our 100,00? believe me i know a lot of those farmers and they should not be treated any better than all of us that was on unemployment. they should have put back some of those checks every 6 to 8 weeks.
yesman

Willacoochee, GA

#16 Mar 15, 2011
herp derp poor old people complaining about poor people who take advantage of what their given
where is ours

United States

#17 Mar 15, 2011
well i worked at gp when it closed. where o
is my money. i guess they didnt care about our kids
be thankful

Lenox, GA

#18 Mar 15, 2011
Well I can tell all of you who are worried about other people's business. Yes, we are chicken farmers. Yes we did get out and have other jobs while we were out of chickens. We still had bills coming in. The money we got did help. It helped to catch up on bills we were behind on for the past 2 years. A few of the farmers got out and worked hard for 2 years to put food on the tables. Yes some did sit around but not all. When your bills are based around your income and all of a sudden that income is not decreased but GONE, it is hard. What I don't understand is why it is anyones business what someone else and their family drives, where they go to school, etc. Just be glad the company is back up and running. I know my family are I are. We thank God everyday for giving us chickens again. The chicken company is not only helping farmers but the communities as a whole. Several businesses have suffered over the past 2 years because of this. Just be glad it's back and quit finding things to complain about.
HELLER

United States

#19 Mar 15, 2011
be thankful wrote:
Well I can tell all of you who are worried about other people's business. Yes, we are chicken farmers. Yes we did get out and have other jobs while we were out of chickens. We still had bills coming in. The money we got did help. It helped to catch up on bills we were behind on for the past 2 years. A few of the farmers got out and worked hard for 2 years to put food on the tables. Yes some did sit around but not all. When your bills are based around your income and all of a sudden that income is not decreased but GONE, it is hard. What I don't understand is why it is anyones business what someone else and their family drives, where they go to school, etc. Just be glad the company is back up and running. I know my family are I are. We thank God everyday for giving us chickens again. The chicken company is not only helping farmers but the communities as a whole. Several businesses have suffered over the past 2 years because of this. Just be glad it's back and quit finding things to complain about.
Thank you! I'm glad someone out there understands.... Farm equipment cost a whole lot more than a light bill ever did... tractor payments, diesal, light bills, car payments, labor fee's, land taxes, feed cost, seed, fertilizer, tires, tractor parts, equipment repairs, weed killer, food, house payments, gas, insurance for farms and homes and cars, i can go on forever... so average that up per month and see if you could do it.... Thank god for that $100,000!
OMG

Flowery Branch, GA

#20 Mar 16, 2011
Maybe they will fire the crazy Hr Gene and also Jim Young the con

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ron lott's baby murdered 8 hr Bloodz datum 11
Sheyanne 8 hr Bloodz datum 3
Jeremy Gaskins AKA J Roc 16 hr come at me bro 1
James Fussell dentist 23 hr CrazytownUSA 4
Searching for Rentals Wed Joshpear87 1
Fwb Tue Tolerman 8
wreck hwy 32 Tue Vannah Banana 2

Douglas Jobs

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages