Should the CCBOE pay Johnny Wilkerson...

Should the CCBOE pay Johnny Wilkerson $350.00 A month to Video?

Posted in the Douglas Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Earl

Douglas, GA

#1 Sep 28, 2012
Mr Wilkerson wants $350.00 a month of tax payers money to video the school BD meetings.
Dr_Phil

Waycross, GA

#2 Sep 28, 2012
Do you expect him to do it for free? Of all the things that the BOE spends excessive amounts of money on, I believe that price is fair. After all it is allowing you and others to view the meetings. Plus the above mentioned individual has a business to run as well. It takes time and money to set up, video, take down, edit and produce a video for tv use.
Gun Runner

Hamilton, OH

#3 Sep 28, 2012
Actually, that is a great deal for the BOE!
good grief

United States

#4 Sep 28, 2012
Dr_Phil wrote:
Do you expect him to do it for free? Of all the things that the BOE spends excessive amounts of money on, I believe that price is fair. After all it is allowing you and others to view the meetings. Plus the above mentioned individual has a business to run as well. It takes time and money to set up, video, take down, edit and produce a video for tv use.
I agree, that's a good price! No one else would do it that cheap
Brox Guy

Douglas, GA

#5 Sep 28, 2012
Fair price but he needs better audio.
noway

Lithonia, GA

#6 Sep 28, 2012
Go for $500 Johnny
goldduster

Moultrie, GA

#7 Sep 28, 2012
It is absolutely fair. Anyone who thinks this isn't fair has never created and operated a business. Income taxes for self-employed are double what an employee makes. Self-employed income taxes are taxed at a higer rate than Mitt Romney's capital gains tax rate.
Also, yesterday, it was announced that George W. Bush will be the keynote speaker for the first night of the conference 'Cayman Alternative Investment Summit' to be held in the Cayman Islands on November 02, 2012. Just 4 days before the election. You know the Cayman Islands, where Mitt Romney has hidden some of his wealth. It will be well attended as many wealthy individuals gained their wealth through the $1,000,000,000.00
Department of Defense Iraq war contracts. This trillion dollars were all borrowed and your grandchildren will never see light due to our deficits.
Nobama

Douglas, GA

#8 Sep 28, 2012
The BOE best not pay for this service, does the county, or the city of Douglas, pay for this service? After all Johnny has sponsors that pay him to air these meeting!
TomTom

Douglas, GA

#9 Sep 28, 2012
goldduster wrote:
It is absolutely fair. Anyone who thinks this isn't fair has never created and operated a business. Income taxes for self-employed are double what an employee makes. Self-employed income taxes are taxed at a higer rate than Mitt Romney's capital gains tax rate.
Also, yesterday, it was announced that George W. Bush will be the keynote speaker for the first night of the conference 'Cayman Alternative Investment Summit' to be held in the Cayman Islands on November 02, 2012. Just 4 days before the election. You know the Cayman Islands, where Mitt Romney has hidden some of his wealth. It will be well attended as many wealthy individuals gained their wealth through the $1,000,000,000.00
Department of Defense Iraq war contracts. This trillion dollars were all borrowed and your grandchildren will never see light due to our deficits.
You can thank Obama 5 trillion times for our national crisis, by the way I'll take Bush ahead of Obama any day of the week!
Gun Runner

Hamilton, OH

#10 Sep 28, 2012
Any Bush is better than Obama!
Earlene

Toccoa, GA

#11 Sep 28, 2012
Yes he is worth every bit of $350. Next question please this one Is a waste of time.
salt life

Senoia, GA

#12 Sep 28, 2012
And do you know why the self employed pay double taxes? Because they cheat on taxes every friggin chance they get. That's a fact, Jack! Every which way possible & then some.
Earlene

Toccoa, GA

#13 Sep 28, 2012
salt life wrote:
And do you know why the self employed pay double taxes? Because they cheat on taxes every friggin chance they get. That's a fact, Jack! Every which way possible & then some.
At least they pay taxes.what about the ones that just take from the system and pay zero. It is past time for the middle income people to call bs on every freebie the goverent gives. It is time for us to take control of this Country . There will be a fat that only the strong survive.
Bobby Joe

Mount Pleasant, IA

#14 Sep 28, 2012
More welfare. Let some of the BOE PR folks do it
sneaky

Kittanning, PA

#15 Sep 28, 2012
btw, did you know he doesn't pay any rent for the use of the city property he uses for his offices ?
Film at eleven

Douglas, GA

#16 Sep 28, 2012
What if some one offers to do it for free?
What

Pearson, GA

#17 Sep 28, 2012
Bobby Joe wrote:
More welfare. Let some of the BOE PR folks do it
Welfare? Last I heard if a person performs a service or sells something, then that is called earning a living. He has given a great deal of free to this community.
Peter Rabbit

Douglas, GA

#18 Sep 28, 2012
What about having Dr Newell the tec guy, to video the meetings and up load them
Onto BOE website, that way anyone with a PC can watch the meetings and at no extra cost to the BOE.
Another idea

Gray, GA

#19 Sep 28, 2012
Peter Rabbit wrote:
What about having Dr Newell the tec guy, to video the meetings and up load them
Onto BOE website, that way anyone with a PC can watch the meetings and at no extra cost to the BOE.
Or better yet, the video students at CHS.
hounddog

Douglas, GA

#20 Sep 29, 2012
i have tried to put city meetings, chamber and BOE meetings on the internet for 7 years and they just don't want to. I would call and they would tell me they got a new computer guy and were X months from doing it. So in X months i would call and say its been X Months how is it going and i get another time frame. I just gave up a couple years ago and moved on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bleached Blonde Bimbo 9 hr aliceinwonderland 4
Appliance Repairman (Feb '11) 10 hr Because 11
Bad Weather 23 hr Lol 2
Don't use Chancey Heating and Cooling! (Apr '13) Mon The best 31
Nosey neighbors in Baymeadows Dec 4 comeon coward 27
Who drives a newer 4 door green jeep with gas a... Dec 2 Haha 13
April Rawlins Dec 2 aliceinwonderland 12

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance