First Prev
of 9
Next Last
sick and tired

Gray, GA

#1 Feb 16, 2010
Has anyone noticed that Murphy Eye Center has taken a turn? The doctor seems not to care at all. People give you their hard earned money and not even a smile. I witnessed a employee getting yelled at for not being fast enough. As if they don't have enough help, there are at least 7 girls working there, but no one will help. Well, I do have to say that there was one young girl that seemed very nice, strange thing is that she was the one that got yelled at. Oh, and what is going on with their prices? Who has the money to pay $300.00 for a frame? I have kids to feed! What ever happend to customer service? From the start the visit way awful. I am sure that there are plenty of people out there that would love to have those girls jobs. Plenty of people that would not act as if they were in pain when you walked in. All and all I was not happy!! Anyone know where there is a good eye doctor, that I don't have to take a loan out to see?
tell the truth

Flowery Branch, GA

#2 Feb 16, 2010
dr. ellen fitzgearld is very good. the staff could not be more friendly or nicer.
frames come in all price ranges. of the gochi is expensive.
i dont recomend coffee eye clini. staff is not frindly and they can be grouchy. dont work with you to well when what they make dont work well.
fitzgearlds will be my choice from now on.
Old Coffee

Kittanning, PA

#3 Feb 16, 2010
Haven't seen anyone that could match Dr. Arnett's dad, James years ago. He's dead and gone now but he was an excellent eye Dr. Dr. Larry Forth has always been pretty good, I haven't been in a while. Dr Murphy IS a good Dr. but I noticed the last time I was there, his office staff seemed to take there time a lot. It really don't matter how good a Dr. is, his office staff can certanly bring negativity on his practice and should be dealt with! Have you spoken with kevin or Leisha about the problem? That might help.
sugarkane

Flowery Branch, GA

#4 Feb 16, 2010
old coffee you are right about dr.arnett. he was the best that i have ever had. had him do mine many years.i have had a problem getting glasses to be right ever sence he passed away. and he was a fine person. i miss him
sick and tired

Gray, GA

#5 Feb 16, 2010
I spoke with Leisha the same day, her response was if you don't like the way we do things we can transfer your records. What a way to treat a customer!!!

Since: Oct 09

Gainesville, GA

#6 Feb 16, 2010
I used DR.Murphy for a while and then he got married and they had a baby and now he's got mean and just dont care I dont go to him anymore.I'm going to DR.Fitzgerald i heard she was good my mom went to her and likes her alot.
Georgia Gal

Warner Robins, GA

#7 Feb 16, 2010
I have been using Dr. McQuaig in Alma, Ga. His staff is very friendly and he is a wonderful Dr with a great way of greeting his patients. I'd highly recommend using him. It's well worth the drive to Alma and his prices are within reason.
ugh douglas

Flowery Branch, GA

#8 Feb 16, 2010
walmart has a vision cebter, and i heard the dr. and prices are reasonable
REDNECK

Flowery Branch, GA

#9 Feb 16, 2010
emilee15 wrote:
I used DR.Murphy for a while and then he got married and they had a baby and now he's got mean and just dont care I dont go to him anymore.I'm going to DR.Fitzgerald i heard she was good my mom went to her and likes her alot.
Sometimes marriage and children has that effect, much toooo much stress.Can lead to Heart problems & Baldness !
Forum Poster

Moultrie, GA

#10 Feb 16, 2010
I have not used Murphy Eye Center Services, but I will say they were extremely giving and kind a couple of years ago with a charitable organization I was affiliated with. Dr. Murphy and Leesha gave in a large way and asked for no recognition for it.
They gave from the heart. I will always appreciate that. Their office had a very giving and kind spirit. Not all businesses are that way.
They went beyond. Many offices flat out said no, but they wrote a big donation on the spot. They believed in us and what we were doing.---
The Sarah Ellen Baron Playground for Children
Thank you Murphy Eye Center for that!
I will always remember Dr. Murphy and Leesha's great kindness to us.
my oh my

High Springs, FL

#11 Feb 16, 2010
I love the Clark Eye Clinic at Waycross for eye exams or any surgery you may need. He does not do glasses anymore, but for that I recommend Dr. Zecherman at Hatcher Point Mall, Waycross. It is called Eye Care One. Very good service and one hour on glasses.
old doc

Gainesville, GA

#12 Feb 16, 2010
Like ugh douglas I used Walmart for getting glasses in this area. They weren't overly friendly, but were polite. The thing you have to watch is when they have frames, etc. on sale, when you get in, they try to get you to buy the more expensive ones. They stop doing this when you say you want the cheaper ones. The eye doctor was friendly and seemed very competent. The glasses turned out good, but you do have to wait a couple of weeks for them to be made.
Wantitdoneright

Portland, OR

#13 Feb 17, 2010
I use Dr M's office have not experienced any issues really.
When I moved away briefly I used a WaLmart- but for contacts, so it was OK.
The only issue I had was after my insurance paid, there was still a balance of like $17.00 - and when I got the first notice of it- it said it was "over 60 days late" so I spoke to them about that. No issue since.
I just got my annual exam for work and contacts- and bought new glasses for the first time in like - 22 years.... as I only wear them 1 evening a week. They are great- lights, not thick as I have expected and fit and work great.
Now with everything, frames, contacts, exan, and yes... transitional bifoculs, it was pretty expensive- but in my case once every 15-20 years- not a high annual cost.

Over all he is very friendly when he does the exam, to me anyway. But them... I now ask how his family and youngster are and that leads to a good conversation- so I admire that.
Leisha always goes out of her way to say hello and help.
So overall- I'm still going there until they give me a reason not to.
Past Time

Gray, GA

#14 Feb 17, 2010
I have used Dr. Murphy and Leisha for years. Like 14 years. And as far as prices they have chaep frames too I bought a frame and lenses for 89.00 as backup to my contacts and unlike Walmart they have a warranty My little boy broke them and they fixed them no questions asked. As far as the comments about people being rude to you I believe everyone has their day. I can honestly tell you that they have been great to my whole family and I don't appreciate you bashing them. They have always helped our community they donate to all the schools and help my kids PTO programs. It sounds like to me the peolpe complaing are just MAD things didn't go their WAY.
whatever

Gray, GA

#15 Feb 17, 2010
So lets pat them on the back for the charity they have given to the community. But what does that matter if when you go there they rob you blind. I bought a cheaper frame and in 2 months it was broke, they said abuse...whatever! I will not ever go back!!!
FanofApollo

Fitzgerald, GA

#16 Feb 17, 2010
Not to be ugly, but everyone does have a bad day.
Also, they must be doing something right because the business appears to be very successful for many years. Our family has several businesses dealing with different services. Unfortunately,
some people do have personalities where they are never happy and want something for nothing. It is interesting to watch. My husband can actually pick out the very difficult people in advance by talking to them for just a few minutes.
I know that sometimes that is not always the case.
I just make a practice that if I am not treated with respect I just go elsewhere. If service is good I do not mind driving for a product or service out of town. I do this often. Not attacking anyone, just speaking my opinion.
As far as an opthamologist m.d.- Dr. William Clark is an incredibly talented doctor. He is very well trained. I think Dr. Murphy is a doctor of optometry. Is this correct? He seems like he is very good at what he does also.
WTF

United States

#17 Feb 17, 2010
sick and tired wrote:
Has anyone noticed that Murphy Eye Center has taken a turn? The doctor seems not to care at all. People give you their hard earned money and not even a smile. I witnessed a employee getting yelled at for not being fast enough. As if they don't have enough help, there are at least 7 girls working there, but no one will help. Well, I do have to say that there was one young girl that seemed very nice, strange thing is that she was the one that got yelled at. Oh, and what is going on with their prices? Who has the money to pay $300.00 for a frame? I have kids to feed! What ever happend to customer service? From the start the visit way awful. I am sure that there are plenty of people out there that would love to have those girls jobs. Plenty of people that would not act as if they were in pain when you walked in. All and all I was not happy!! Anyone know where there is a good eye doctor, that I don't have to take a loan out to see?
i have known leisha and Dr. Murphy for years and have been getting my eyes done there since i was younger and they were in there old building by harveys and leisha has always been very helpful and always kind to me and my family. and as for the prices they have frames that range from very cheap to expensive. no one made you purchase the expensive frames. so if you were short on cash you should have thought about your children that needed feeding and not having the fancy frames. lets be serious.
right here in Douglas

Perry, GA

#18 Feb 17, 2010
Dr. Murphey and his staff do care about their clients and the community as a whole. THey contribute to charities, they are involved with our community, they run a successful business. If you don't like the service you receive there, simply go somewhere else. Why slander their names? Furthermore, how dare you bring Dr. Murphey's family into the picture? He has a beautiful family. Have you nothing better to do? Seriously.

As for Leesha, when she worked with another Dr., My husband, who is a contractor and carpenter, had slivers of wood stuck in his eye (ON A SATURDAY, NO LESS). We tried to page the Dr. to no avail, the hospital actually got in touch with Leesha, she met us at the office, irrigated his eye, treated it, gave him Rx samples, spent a whole hour and a half in the office with him and NEVER charged us a dime!!!!!! We weren't even patients of theirs at the time and really didn't even know Leesha. Kindness, that's what she showed us.
Really, discussion is one thing, but use a little good taste and tact.

Since: Feb 10

United States

#19 Feb 17, 2010
DR. MURPHY IS THE BEST EYE DOCTOR. We are very fortunate and blessed and to have him
AND HIS STAFF available in our community. Eleven years ago, I began going to Dr. Murphy, for my eye exams, when he was practicing in Valdosta. Unfortunately for me, he relocated to Douglas. After visiting many eye doctors in Valdosta, who were unsatisfactory, I began driving the hour and a half trek to Douglas for my eye care. Dr. Murphy and his staff are kind, eager and willing to take care of their patients. The customer service is outstanding. Maybe the problem lies with “sick and tired”.
Enough

Gray, GA

#21 Feb 17, 2010
ok people pull you heads out of your asses...if you want to talk about the business then talK about the business LEAVE HIS FAMILY OUT OF THIS...GROW UP....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jack and Rhonda Smith 11 min stupidisasstupiddoes 2
Starting a poll 55 min lol baby 44
Do tattoo cheapen a woman and make her look lik... (Jun '14) 2 hr Elmer 35
Two Shootings on Saturday 2 hr lol baby 25
Caution, the only truthful thing you will read ... 3 hr stupidisasstupiddoes 5
Brandi batton porter 17 hr Hazel 3
Another Affair 19 hr Just Heard This 1

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance