Water at baymeadows
Libby

United States

#1 Dec 10, 2012
Does anyone ( besides me) have a terrible smell coming out of their water pipes? It's doing this for a long time an I just thought it would get better. The water out here is not fittin to drink. I have to buy bottle water. It smells worse than rotten eggs,
Zapped

Ford City, PA

#2 Dec 10, 2012
Libby wrote:
Does anyone ( besides me) have a terrible smell coming out of their water pipes? It's doing this for a long time an I just thought it would get better. The water out here is not fittin to drink. I have to buy bottle water. It smells worse than rotten eggs,
The well needs to be cloraxed out. We have to do this to our private well, or else we have the same smell.
Lakeside South

Snellville, GA

#3 Dec 10, 2012
Our water taste & smells fine.
Susan

United States

#4 Dec 10, 2012
Lakeside South wrote:
Our water taste & smells fine.
. I have lived out here for nine years an the water has never been good....I used to live on the snide now I am on lake south.
BayRes

Gray, GA

#5 Dec 10, 2012
water fine on south of the lake by canal. sounds like a sulfur smell. It will not hurt you. just smells bad. contact Allen and/or local health dept. may need new oxidizing or carbon filter at the main well
douglas31533

Douglas, GA

#6 Jan 4, 2013
we live off of silverado and our water sometimes comes out brown and always smells bad. I never drink the water here it is gross!!!
Bobbie

Adel, GA

#7 Jan 5, 2013
Zapped wrote:
<quoted text> The well needs to be cloraxed out. We have to do this to our private well, or else we have the same smell.
How do you do this?
Do you do it yourselves or get someone to do it?

i have a private well and occasionally it's stinky.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Nashville, GA

#8 Jan 5, 2013
There is a valve/pipe you can dump it into that goes down into your well. This is usually sealed off to keep things from getting into your well. Open it up, dump several gallons in, and let it sit 24 hours. You CAN NOT use the water during this time. After 24 hours, you flush all the water pipes in your house including outside. Flush them all until the bleach smell is gone. Get good bleach, after all, this is going into your water supply.
Rreally

Sycamore, GA

#9 Jan 5, 2013
Bleach is bleach. Doesn't matter. But for systems on community water, it is the problem with the chlorine system. At Baymeadows, they do not take care of their injection system. Sometimes the chlorine in on, sometimes it is off.
Lately, it is on and injected too high.
Call the Georgia EPD at the Brunswick office to complain. The system owners act only when the EPD gets involved.
Gun Runner

Hamilton, OH

#10 Jan 5, 2013
I'm sure the LOA Leadership assumed responsibility for this from AP. Ask them for assistance.
Rreally

Sycamore, GA

#11 Jan 6, 2013
GR, once again, you assume too much. Water system is still owned by a private company and has nothing to do with the lake owners group. So stay in your trailer and leave the issue alone.
Gun Runner

Hamilton, OH

#12 Jan 6, 2013
Oh, y'all just looked after your personal interests and said 'screw' everyone else. Got it!

Gotta go rotate the tires on my house. Thanks for the reminder sweetie.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Nashville, GA

#13 Jan 6, 2013
Bleach is not bleach. Some of it does have additives and fragrance. Some bleach also turns clothes blue instead of white due to the additives, so buy good bleach for going into your well or read the labels to make sure there isn't anything else in it.

You can take a sample from your faucet and take it to the Extension office. They will analyze it and let you know what is in it or the quality there of. You can also put a filter system on your end of the well where it enters your house if you want to improve the quality. You could also purchase a reverse osmosis water system for under the sink. It does an awesome job at removing everything without the added expense of the extra filters that are frequently replaced on whole house systems.
bleach causes cancer

Douglas, GA

#14 Jan 6, 2013
you need to filter your water not add more carcinogens to it. You need reverse osmosis if you want to be effective. Even just taking a bath or even worse a shower exposes you to the many chemicals that are added to our water supplies w/o our consent. One day after enough people are poisoned to death with synthetic hormones and cancer causing chemicals the survivors will shut down this population control apparatus. Or you could wake up and demand safe chemical free water now before you die.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Nashville, GA

#15 Jan 6, 2013
I've got well water, so most of it is provided by mother nature. She does a great job at poisoning people as well with hard metals and the like that are naturally occurring not added by farming run off.

Bleach is used to kill bacteria and critters that get into well supplies. If the water isn't contaminated that way, then you just need a filter, preferable the reverse osmosis kind, which is costly up front, but saves in the long run over purchasing filters. Bleach is a naturally occurring chemical like sulphur in your water as well. It just depends on your natural water source. City water is a different thing all together. Since the water is processed/recycled from grey water and water reservoirs created by man, it has to be cleaned as mother nature has not do so. If you are against fluoride, then get a well. Fluoride is there to benefit your teeth, while well water contains naturally beneficial minerals as well. Fluoride, chlorine, arsenic, and cyanide are all naturally occurring and can be found in any given well on any given day, some in greater quantities such as near old graveyard that have people buried in boxes and not concrete vaults. Country churches are famous for these.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
$500.00 18 min Lamar 28
Where is Dr. Khan 7 hr Sarah 76 12
Jack and Rhonda Smith 7 hr Bog on 1
Brandi batton porter 8 hr Hazel 1
Football Radio Announcers-Referees 16 hr Tipsa 5
Ruby Tuesday (Jul '15) 21 hr Frustrated 4
edith sheffield ( district attorney) (Mar '13) 22 hr stupidisasstupiddoes 218

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance