Douglas native Courtney Hayes still m...

Douglas native Courtney Hayes still missing in Haiti

There are 93 comments on the WALB-TV Albany story from Jan 16, 2010, titled Douglas native Courtney Hayes still missing in Haiti. In it, WALB-TV Albany reports that:

Courtney Hayes had just arrived in Haiti on a college mission trip when the earthquake hit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WALB-TV Albany.

only me

Flowery Branch, GA

#63 Feb 8, 2010
AMEN GINNY..AND YOU ARE RIGHT THEY ARE A GREAT FAMILY..AND YES COURTNEY IS A BEAUTIFUL GIRL AND THE WORD OF GOD STILL REMAINS THE SAME TODAY TOMMOROW AND FOREVER, THERE IS NOTHING TOO BIG FOR OUR GOD, AND I PRAY FOR A MIRACLE TO BE IN STORE AND COURTNEY RETURNING HOME TO HER PARENTS AND LOVED ONES, AND OUR LITTLE HOMETOWN THAT WIULL REAMIN LIFTING HER NAME UP IN PRAYER
Ginny

Moultrie, GA

#64 Feb 8, 2010
Only Me,
I can tell through reading throughout Courtney's threads, that you really love this little girl and her family. I can tell you are a close friend of their family and I know they are greatful to have you. I can tell you are a good, strong Christian person with a great prayer life.
The Hayes Family needs every Prayer Warrior they can have right now. Continue your sweet prayers and I hope that the Hayes family and you have this sweet girl home to you real soon. God Bless You.
Keep fighting for Courtney. I do not know this family or little girl, but their story has affected me profoundly . As a parent myself, I just hurt for them and their situation. I can not imagine the horrible pain they are in. May the Lord comfort them and give them strength. Prayers for you too Only Me.
only me

Flowery Branch, GA

#65 Feb 8, 2010
THANK YOU GINNY, AND ALTHOUGH I HAVE A SINCERE PRAYER LIFE, I BY NO MEANS CAN CALL MYSELF A PROFOUND CHRISTIAN, WHAT I CAN SAY IS CHRISTIANS ARE FORGIVEN,NOT PERFECT..AND YES I KNOW THIS FAMILY GOOD, COURTNEY WENT TO SCHOOL WITH MY CHILD AND SPENT NIGHTS WITH THEM,,MY FAMILY AND THIER FAMILY KNOW OF EACH OTHER BUT NOT ON A PERSONAL VISITATION LEVEL, ALTHOUGH I DO KNOW THEM WELL FROM DIFFERENT ASPECTS OF LIFE..IT TOOK MY HEART OUT AND CRUMBLED IT IN A BALL TO KNOW OF THIS SITUATION WITH COURTNEY, I AS A PARENT FEEL THE PAIN..I LOVED COURTNEY SPIRIT SHE WAS JUST SPUNKY AND OUTGOING AND LOVED THE WORLD..PRAYERS CONTINUE TO GO UP FOR HER DAILY, AND YOU SAYING YOU ARE PRAYING FOR ME TOUCHED MY HEART CAUSE GOD KNOWS MY SITUATIONS AND I NEED ALL THE PRAYER I CAN GRASP ONTO ALSO..THANK YOU GINNY YOU SOUND LIKE YOU ARE A LOVING PERSON IN MY BOOK..
supporthetroops

Moultrie, GA

#66 Feb 9, 2010
So sad.
Have past ties to Douglas. In Douglas for business today. Drove by the mainstreet through downtown. Saw the bow on Franklin Haye's Law Office today. Tore my heart out. I hope they find their child real soon.
God Bless the Franklin Hayes family of Douglas, Ga.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#67 Feb 9, 2010
Prayers going out to Courtney and family and friends!
only me

Flowery Branch, GA

#68 Feb 9, 2010
SUPPORTTHETROOPS, MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE HAYES'..I COULDNT FAMISH THE THOUGHT OF THIER PAIN, YES THEY HAVE THAT YELLOW RIBBON HANGING THERE WITH HOPES, AND SO DO MANY OF THE DOWNTOWN BUSINESSES..THEY ARE A GOOD FAMILY AND I PRAY GOD SENDS A MIRACLE AND THEY RECEIVE A CALL TO GO PICK THIER CHILD UP...ALIVE!!!
THERE IS POWER IN PRAYER, AND WHEN YOU DO ALL YOU CAN, JUST STAND DTILL..GOD WILL DO THE REST
Very Sad

Warner Robins, GA

#69 Feb 10, 2010
The body of courtney hayes has been found today!!!!!!!!!
sugarkane

Flowery Branch, GA

#70 Feb 10, 2010
i read a posters comment on my space that said courtneys sister had posted on face book that her body had been found.
prayers for the family that God will give them confort and strength.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#71 Feb 10, 2010
Very Sad wrote:
The body of courtney hayes has been found today!!!!!!!!!
Where did you get this info from? The story from WALB is an old post from Jan 15.
iron horse

Clemmons, NC

#72 Feb 10, 2010
I read the post on facebook and they are posting this has been confirmed by family. May God hold this family close in his loving arms today, tomorrow and all the tomorrows that follow. My heart aches for Courtneys' parents and siblings.
ONLY ME

Flowery Branch, GA

#73 Feb 10, 2010
M DAUGHTER CALLED A FEW MINUTES AGO AND SAID SHE SEEN IT ON FACEBOOK, THAT COURTNEY HAS BEEN FOUND...I AM CRING LIKE A TODDLER AS I TYPE, I SO MUCH WANTED HER TO BE FOUND ALIVE, BUT WE ARENT SUPPOSED TO QUESTION GOD, SO I WILL REDIRECT MY PRAYERS AND ASK GOD TO COMFORT HER PARENTS SIBLINGS, AND OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS, AND FRIENDS AND BOYFRIEND..PRAYERS GOING UP FOR ALL THE HAYES AND THOSE AFFILIATED WITH HER, GOD GIVE THEM THE PEACE AND TOUCH THEY NEED, YOU KNOW GOD, SHE WAS THERE TO HELP THE POOR SO UNSELFISHLY, CRADLE THIS FAMILY AND WRAP THEM IN YOUR ARMS OF LOVE AND COMFORT THEM LIKE ONLY YOU CAN DO..AMEN
iron horse

Clemmons, NC

#74 Feb 10, 2010
This is breaking news on WALB.

Since: Jan 10

Brunswick, GA

#75 Feb 10, 2010
It seems as though the body of the young American found a few days ago was finally confirmed as Courtney. It is also posted on Facebook that there is a memorial planned for 2/13 at 3pm at the 1st United Methodist Church. Although this is not the outcome everyone hoped for, I am grateful that the family may now begin the healing process.
tut

Fitzgerald, GA

#76 Feb 10, 2010
I am sorry to hear they did find Courtney's body and her not alive. I think most was expecting this outcome at least the family will have closure. If you belive in God then you know she is a better place.
So Sorry

Hahira, GA

#77 Feb 10, 2010
I am so very sorry for the Hayes family and Courtney's friends. God Bless You during this time of loss. Prayers.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#78 Feb 10, 2010
Courtney was found on Jan 31 but the DNA results took some time to come back. The family was notified at 1:30 pm today - Wed Feb 10. This was posted on the Haiti Hotel Montana FB page and on Courtney Hayes: Operation Home FB page. May God comfort the Hayes family.
my oh my

Fitzgerald, GA

#79 Feb 10, 2010
I am at a loss for words. I have cried and cried ever since hearing this news. Not the outcome we all prayed for, but Franklin and Angie will have closure.
We need to keep the family in our prayers as they go through the days ahead of them. Pray for God to give them strength to carry on and peace of mind knowing that Courtney is in a better place.

Any word on the other 2 womens' bodies they found that same Sunday, Jan. 31st?
Heard

United States

#80 Feb 11, 2010
Lord please have mercy on this family, give them the strength to endure the pain of their loss. Praying for the family & friends of this young lady.
Very Sad

Warner Robins, GA

#81 Feb 11, 2010
georgia native wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get this info from? The story from WALB is an old post from Jan 15.
I GOT MY INFORMATION FROM COURTNEYS BROTHER THANK YOU VERY MUCH??????
Wantitdoneright

Portland, OR

#83 Feb 11, 2010
Just read the announcement at "lynnedu" about Courtney, and today one other young lady.
My heart goes out to her family, friends and classmates.
The announcement was followed by a statement by the President of Lynn University.

God Bless.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rhonda Davis Smith 4 hr Truth 16
thrash on sunbream in baymeadows! 6 hr Molly Anna 35
Kim Griffen 9 hr love da kim 2
Loud Buzzing Sound on south side of Douglas (Oct '15) Sun Elen 8
Jail Visiting Hours?? Sun just guessing 16
House keeper Sun just guessing 7
The Douglas Hum Sat Hardofhearing 1

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance