Douglas native Courtney Hayes still m...

Douglas native Courtney Hayes still missing in Haiti

There are 93 comments on the WALB-TV Albany story from Jan 16, 2010, titled Douglas native Courtney Hayes still missing in Haiti. In it, WALB-TV Albany reports that:

Courtney Hayes had just arrived in Haiti on a college mission trip when the earthquake hit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WALB-TV Albany.

Since: Nov 09

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#22 Jan 21, 2010
sorry double post
IntelligenceInje ctor

Gainesville, GA

#23 Jan 21, 2010
iron horse wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you know where your children are it is easy for you to spout out this adivse.But until you walk into the nineth layer of hell not knowing where your child is and what is happening to them you have no idea of what they are feeling or thinking. I have been to that nineth layer and it changes you forever. I am a Christian. I know God and I know Jesus Christ is my savior but I could not let go of trying everything humanly possible to find my child and neither can these parents. I sincerely hope you will never experience the nightmare they are living. I really think you should remove your post. Very inappropiate and hurtful. JMHO
It does indeed change a parent when they have experienced the agony of not knowing where their child is, especially if there is even a hint of the possibilty of trauma surrounding the situation. I awake everyday knowing how blessed I am that my child that was missing and presumed badly hurt for just one day was actually safe. But the memory of that 24 hours does not go away. I know too, that what I went through as a parent is multiplied to a much greater degree for the Hayes family. It makes my heart ache and wish I could move some of their pain onto myself.
sugarkane

Gainesville, GA

#24 Jan 21, 2010
do any one know if scott went to mayo for surgery ?
sugarkane

Gainesville, GA

#25 Jan 21, 2010
i am sorry people. i put that on the wrong thread.
concerned

United States

#26 Jan 21, 2010
Askandgetrid wrote:
Just saw the piece Angie and the Jingel man did with Bill O Reilly you can see the pain on their face & hear the fustraition in their voice and given what they are going thought very understandable ,but i really hope they don't say things like was said to the wrong person or they may just pull out and leave them ,It came cross as blaming the military for not being there but these guys go where they are told the best thing to do is keep in touch with Bill O Reilly and as he done will contact the state dept. and keep help there , its hard to fanthom losing touch with your child and yet being so close to her May God comfort them and keep these children safe till they all get home, I said children even though they 23 they are still their little girls.
Well said considering that the UN is running the show down there not the US military. They are only following the orders given by the UN.
my oh my

United States

#27 Jan 21, 2010
I posted this but it never showed up, so here is just the link to the headlines. A very sad story indeed. But I can't see blaming the US govt. They should be looking to the UN for help. As concerned said in the previous post, that the UN is giving the orders, not the US. The UN is turning away the needed help that has been offered. I feel so sorry for all invovled. My heart just broke again when I read this story.

All we do is to keep praying.

Relatives of Americans Missing in Haiti Angry

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,583514,00...
my oh my

United States

#28 Jan 21, 2010
Soory all. It did finally post and posted twice. Didn't intend for that to happen. Does anyone know of how to delete one of the threads?
Concerned

Omega, GA

#29 Jan 22, 2010
Let us not forget our focus on Courtney and the others, pray without cease. Lord I pray you give the missing love ones the strength and power to hold on so they will be joined with their families. God you are the one that can move mountains. We have seen Your miracles at work with some of the survivors and we are believing in You Father to bring forth more miracles. God we pray you bring blessings, peace and love to the families. Amen
joe

Riverdale, GA

#30 Jan 24, 2010
her body as been found so sad for family
Lynn Student

Pompano Beach, FL

#31 Jan 25, 2010
Courtney was an amazing girl, who cared for everyone and wanted to make a difference in this life and she did. The whole thing is terrible and i am sorry for anyone who lost someone in Haiti. I know courtney was an amazing girl with energy and love radiating from her. RIP Court. we all miss u!
Blount Stables

AOL

#32 Jan 25, 2010
Pray For Courtney wrote:
TDF
"This is a God thing. I suggest you appeal to Him for your answer to the mystery of why you let your daughter go to Haiti at this time".
----------
YOU are a VERY Insensitive Person!
I CAN PROMISE YOU there are MANY,MANY PRAYING FOR COURTNEY,WHO by the way IS AN ADULT and made the choice to help someone,VERY FAR AWAY from HOME!
SHE did it for the Love of Everyone IN Haiti and out of the GOODNESS of HER HEART THAT CAN ONLY COME FROM GOD!
I Pray a catastrophe like THIS that has happened to ALL in Haiti,and Courtney Hayes does'nt HAPPEN TO YOUR Child,OR
"YOU MIGHT HAVE TO ASK YOUR-SELF"?..
WHY DID YOU SEND YOUR'S????
PRAY FOR COURTNEY!!!!!!!
I've known Courtney and her family for a long time. Courtney rode horses. Had the greatest seat on a horse. I love Angie. God is my refudeg through it all. I pray that all of you who critical of her for helping the least, never have to expericence being less than what you are right now.
Blount Stables

AOL

#33 Jan 25, 2010
I pray those of you who are critical of those of us who help the least among us, never experience being less than what and who you are. The next time God may move in your family. I love Courney and her family. Courtney rode horses and had the best seat of any child I know.
only me

Flowery Branch, GA

#34 Jan 25, 2010
THANK YOU BOUNT STABLES FOR REPLY TO THAT POST SO DILIGENTLY, WE WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR THE HAYES FAMILY AND FRIENDS, AND MY PRAYER IS SHE WILL BE FOUND ALIVE, THERE IS NOTHING TO BIG FOR OUR GOD, AND HE PREFORMS MIRACLES EVERY DAY SO WE NEVER KNOW, THOSE THAT ARE SO INCONSIIDERATE AT THIS TIME IN THE HAYES AND ACTUALLY ALL THE SITUATION THERE IN HAITI HAVE GOT TO BE COLD HEARTED..YOU SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE A STRONG PRAYER LIFE, PLEASE KEEP "ONLY ME, AND FAMILY" IN YOUR PRAYERS GOD KNOWS THE NEED AND WHI I AM, THANKS
roundtable101

Ford City, PA

#35 Jan 25, 2010
As someone said earlier (ANY THING IS POSSIBLE THRU GOD !!!!) We will continue to pray for Courtney, her family, and the safe return of all!
Blount Stables

AOL

#36 Jan 26, 2010
roundtable101 wrote:
As someone said earlier (ANY THING IS POSSIBLE THRU GOD !!!!) We will continue to pray for Courtney, her family, and the safe return of all!
Yes, I'm a Christain. I love Angie and Franklin as family. They have been supportive of me working with at risk kids for over 15 years.
only me

Flowery Branch, GA

#37 Jan 26, 2010
I TOO KNOW THE HAYES FOR A LONG TIME, COURTNEY WENT TO SCHOOL WITH MY CHILD, AND THEY WERE FRIENDS, THIS IS SO SAD..IT MAKES YOU OPEN UP AND APPRECIATE THE LITTLE THINGS IN LIFE WHEN A TRAGEDY COMES ALONG ..THIS JUST HIT HOME TO ME..IM CONTINUING TO PRAY FOR ALL HAITI AND A SPECIAL PRAYER FOR THE HAYES, GOD HEAR OUR PRAYERS
Blount Stables

AOL

#38 Jan 26, 2010
My spirit says Courtney is still with us. Why is it that I feel such a strong conviction when all the reports contradict it? I still believe.
FIRE JAMES

Fitzgerald, GA

#39 Jan 26, 2010
I HAVE KNOW ANGIE AND FRANKLIN FOR MANY YEARS ALSO AND I HAVE WATCHED COURTNEY GROW UP SHOWING HORSES. IAM PRAYING FOR THE FAMILY AND I TO STILL BELEIVE MIRCLES DO HAPPEN.
my oh my

Enigma, GA

#40 Jan 26, 2010
Fire James, your ISP says Adel. Are you from there?
If so I was just wondering if you all have heard anything about the son-in-law from Adel Steele?
only me

Flowery Branch, GA

#41 Jan 27, 2010
my heart is wrenching with hurt, BUT i am still hanging on to GODS WORD and ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
road block in baymeadows 12 min the real stamina ... 44
awwww 23 min the real stamina ... 15
four wheeler accident 12-27-12 (Dec '12) 3 hr jess24 21
Tired of Vyve already. (Apr '14) 17 hr bethanyyy 15
Courthouse Weddings? 17 hr Yeti 4
Tom White. (Child Molester ) (Mar '14) 18 hr darlenepeterson 83
Cheating in ER 20 hr crazy 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages