Douglas native Courtney Hayes still missing in Haiti

Jan 16, 2010 Full story: WALB-TV Albany 93

Courtney Hayes had just arrived in Haiti on a college mission trip when the earthquake hit.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Denise

Kingston, GA

#1 Jan 17, 2010
I will be praying that all the students and two staff members are found. I am so sorry for the pain the family is going through right now. We are praying for you all as well as the Haiti natives.
alligator

Fitzgerald, GA

#2 Jan 18, 2010
Praying for Courtney Hayes and Family.. Please keep praying for a recovery so the family can have some peace about the accident.. She can still be found alive...
RunMoIn10

Glen Saint Mary, FL

#3 Jan 18, 2010
Mr. Dewey and family, please know that there are many prayers being said for all of you. Courtney was in Haiti to help others. Continue to stay strong and look for Courtney. God bless you all.
only me

Flowery Branch, GA

#4 Jan 18, 2010
keeping the faith, and praying for haiti
iron horse

Winston Salem, NC

#6 Jan 20, 2010
TFD wrote:
Let Go & Let God do His work Mom & Dad. It is greater than any nation can handle for you. We are sorry for your pain & trust you realize the responsibility/risk of sending your children abroad these days
You are not alone. Our daughter is abroad too & our nephew is in medical school in the Grand Cayman where an earthquake happened yesterday.
Your daughter is very beautiful, but none of us are more special or unique than the other. This is not in your control nor in President Obama's. This is a God thing. I suggest you appeal to Him for your answer to the mystery of why you let your daughter go to Haiti at this time.
Since you know where your children are it is easy for you to spout out this adivse.But until you walk into the nineth layer of hell not knowing where your child is and what is happening to them you have no idea of what they are feeling or thinking. I have been to that nineth layer and it changes you forever. I am a Christian. I know God and I know Jesus Christ is my savior but I could not let go of trying everything humanly possible to find my child and neither can these parents. I sincerely hope you will never experience the nightmare they are living. I really think you should remove your post. Very inappropiate and hurtful. JMHO
Old Coffee

Ashburn, GA

#7 Jan 20, 2010
TFD wrote:
Let Go & Let God do His work Mom & Dad. It is greater than any nation can handle for you. We are sorry for your pain & trust you realize the responsibility/risk of sending your children abroad these days
You are not alone. Our daughter is abroad too & our nephew is in medical school in the Grand Cayman where an earthquake happened yesterday.
Your daughter is very beautiful, but none of us are more special or unique than the other. This is not in your control nor in President Obama's. This is a God thing. I suggest you appeal to Him for your answer to the mystery of why you let your daughter go to Haiti at this time.
The reason Courtney and the others were in Haiti was because they chose to be,because they wanted to help others. It was not based on the decision of their parents, only by their support and love. I can only hope that your children, or you as a parent never have to go through what these parents are having to go through.
Old Coffee

Ashburn, GA

#8 Jan 20, 2010
iron horse wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you know where your children are it is easy for you to spout out this adivse.But until you walk into the nineth layer of hell not knowing where your child is and what is happening to them you have no idea of what they are feeling or thinking. I have been to that nineth layer and it changes you forever. I am a Christian. I know God and I know Jesus Christ is my savior but I could not let go of trying everything humanly possible to find my child and neither can these parents. I sincerely hope you will never experience the nightmare they are living. I really think you should remove your post. Very inappropiate and hurtful. JMHO
Amen Brother!
cowboy

Ford City, PA

#9 Jan 20, 2010
You know, TFD, what you have written is hurtful. I really wish that you would remove this post because there is a possibility that the Hayes family might, at sometime, read this. I see where you have stated that your own daughter is abroad, I pray for God's will to be done and that your daughter returns home safely. I pray that you never have to experience what this family is experiencing and I hope and pray that I never know what they are going through. God bless you and yours.
Pray For Courtney

Ashburn, GA

#10 Jan 20, 2010
TDF
"This is a God thing. I suggest you appeal to Him for your answer to the mystery of why you let your daughter go to Haiti at this time".
----------
YOU are a VERY Insensitive Person!
I CAN PROMISE YOU there are MANY,MANY PRAYING FOR COURTNEY,WHO by the way IS AN ADULT and made the choice to help someone,VERY FAR AWAY from HOME!
SHE did it for the Love of Everyone IN Haiti and out of the GOODNESS of HER HEART THAT CAN ONLY COME FROM GOD!
I Pray a catastrophe like THIS that has happened to ALL in Haiti,and Courtney Hayes does'nt HAPPEN TO YOUR Child,OR
"YOU MIGHT HAVE TO ASK YOUR-SELF"?..
WHY DID YOU SEND YOUR'S????
PRAY FOR COURTNEY!!!!!!!
only me

Flowery Branch, GA

#11 Jan 20, 2010
AINT GONNA ADD FUEL TO THE FIRE AND COMMENT..BUT PLEASE REMEMBER COURTNEY A YOUNG WOMAN, ANGIE AND FRANKLINS CHILD...GOD BE WITH THEM ALL, LISTENING TO CNN,,,STILL CHANCES OF SURVIVAL..KEEP PRAYING
my oh my

United States

#12 Jan 20, 2010
Agrees with iron horse. And besides I fully believe God give us a brain and common sense/knowledge to do things for ourselves and NOT depend on Him to do it all for us. For those who do not agree with statement, that is just my own personal opinion.

My sincere prayers and thoughts are with Franklin and Angie, and everyone else involved. Just keep the prayers coming and ignore those who want to be negative or mean.
iron horse wrote:
<quoted text>
my oh my

United States

#13 Jan 20, 2010
YOU are rude and insensitive to others feelings. I have ONLY one thing to say to you.

UNTIL YOU WALK IN THE SHOES OF THE PPL IN HAITI, THEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY FEEL OR THE ANGUISH THEY MAY BE GOING THROUGH. SOME PPL ARE WILLING TO PUT GOD FIRST AND FOLLOW HIS CALLING, EVEN PUTTING THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE TO HELP THOSE WHO ARE LESS FORTUNATE, AS THESE COLLEGE KIDS WERE DOING. AND I DO NOT SEE YOU IN THAT PICTURE.

NOW, I ask if you can not post something positive on this thread, then do not post at all. People are in enough trouble and anguish with the bull you are dishing out.
TFD wrote:
my oh my

United States

#14 Jan 20, 2010
OOOOPPPPSSS...SORRY MEANT TO SAY "WITHOUT" ALL THE BULL YOU ARE DISHING OUT.

[quote]NOW, I ask if you can not post something positive on this thread, then do not post at all. People are in enough trouble and anguish with the bull you are dishing out.[quote]
my oh my

United States

#15 Jan 20, 2010
Yeah I do have one more thing to say to you being you sound so self righteous.

IF your daughter in the Cayman Islands was in the same situation as Courtney Hayes, would you be setting at home with your behind on the computer, flapping your jaws, or would you be in the Cayman Islands looking for her?????

Self righteous people make my blood boil.
TFD wrote:
iron horse

Winston Salem, NC

#16 Jan 20, 2010
TDF, I do not know where you are but in my book you are not welcome on this forum. JMHO
my oh my

United States

#17 Jan 20, 2010
Amen agrees.
iron horse wrote:
TDF, I do not know where you are but in my book you are not welcome on this forum. JMHO
Forum Poster

Fitzgerald, GA

#18 Jan 20, 2010
TDF,
Not to be ugly, and, yes, this is petty.
I would not be bragging about a relative going to the Grand Cayman Medical School. Many of these foreign medical schools are considered a last resort for students that are not able and capable of getting into really strong and competitive medical schools in the United States. I come from a medical family. My brother and father graduated from Emory and the Medical School of Georgia, respectively. My dad was always extremely frightened at the training at some of these schools. Sorry - I just had to say it.
Petty, I know. I just felt your post was very arrogant and insensitive to the Hayes. Obviously,
they raised a very kind and intelligent child. Hopefully, the foreign medical schools have gotten better. If so, I stand corrected. In the future, when a good family is struggling to find their beautiful child, just a little prayer and support is what this family needs. Not so much: whata, coulda, shoulda. By the grace of God, this is not one of your relatives. This could of been anybody's child. The most protective parents in the world can have tragic things happen to their precious children. I appologize in advance for this post to the other posters. No need to tell me that this post was not needed ,everyone. I know I should not of said this but I could not help it.
I know it was a little off topic, but I am human and I could not help it. TDF, your post just was hurtful and arrogant. It just did not come off as a INTELLIGENT and caring post.
Heard

Charlotte, NC

#19 Jan 20, 2010
Well said everyone EXCEPT TDF !! What is that The Devils Follower??

Still praying for Courtney! With God ALL things are possible! Lord please bless this family.
only me

Flowery Branch, GA

#20 Jan 21, 2010
MY GOODNESS, DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA, THOSE WHO DONT HAVE ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY IN THIS HORRIBLE SITUATION, GO TO HOLLYWOOD WITH ALL THE OTHER DRAMA THE ACTRESS/ACTORS HAVE, AND LET US PRAY IN PEACE FOR COURTNEY AND THE SITUATION, FOR GODS SAKES, EVERY SINGLE TOPIC ON THIS FORUM GETS NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, WELL THIS IS NO TIME IN LIFE FOR IT, SO MANY PEOPLE ARE HURTING AND SUFFERING...FOR ONCE BE NICE!!!

Since: Nov 09

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 Jan 21, 2010
Just saw the piece Angie and the Jingel man did with Bill O Reilly you can see the pain on their face & hear the fustraition in their voice and given what they are going thought very understandable ,but i really hope they don't say things like was said to the wrong person or they may just pull out and leave them ,It came cross as blaming the military for not being there but these guys go where they are told the best thing to do is keep in touch with Bill O Reilly and as he done will contact the state dept. and keep help there , its hard to fanthom losing touch with your child and yet being so close to her May God comfort them and keep these children safe till they all get home, I said children even though they 23 they are still their little girls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cow girl 53 min cow girl 3
little league 59 min Stoner 2
harpers 1 hr sis 1
Contractor/carpenter needed 1 hr Joose 4
Real Names, childish games and the TRUTH!! 3 hr whatever 25
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 3 hr General Sherman 2,060
Anonymous to take on Ferguson 3 hr Snickers 53
Dianna Youngblood Mon cow girl 4
•••
Douglas Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Douglas Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Douglas People Search