Drug screening now mandatory from your doctor!!

Posted in the Douglas Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of57
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
cut to the chase

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2012

Judged:

What if someone is taking them and doesn't have a prescription from his doctor. Is that an invasion of privacy.. Then all these folks without insurance are going to jail...???? answer that one.
Suppose you get hurt and can 't afford to go ....bum a pain pill and you are in trouble.
SusieQ

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

Judged:

one of the first things you are taught in the medical field is DON"T SHARE DRUGS.
My BP problem may not be caused by the same reason yours is.[sosme BP is stress,kidney funtion,heart problem]
My swelling may be different[some heart,some kidney]
my nerve problem[some stress,thyroid,parkinson]
my pain[some back injury,muscle,headache,]

you get my drift?don't "bum" all meds are NOT alike

I guess if you just want drugs nothing matters.Pain med function differently when you have pain. Most people with true pain do not get addicted nor do they share drugs.
HookedonPhonics

Alma, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

Judged:

They need to drug test EVERYONE that gets a welfare check.!!!!!!!!!
Same Sad Story

Tifton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

There is no mandatory screening. Most of the time you see this being done its another way of making money. Or the Dr has already been in trouble and is trying to cover his butt. My wife takes pain meds for her back. As another poster said they can be taken safely and correctly without becoming addicted. her Dr. started charging for drug testing every time she went for a refill. It was a ridiculous amount. Our insurance would pay all of it except 100 or 200 dollars of it. We changed Drs and asked them about it. We were told that it wasn't mandatory and they only tested when they suspected a problem. If your Dr is testing you every time they are either trying to make money off of you or they think you have a pill problem. You should contact other offices and ask them about their policy.
hmm

Perry, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

Judged:

we had the meeting last week and yes it is STATE LAW. we must drug test every person that is on a controlled rx. it has nothing to do with Mobley's. or Save-Mor being shut down. I am so glad that some people on here agree with it. its cutting out on the patients that are selling there pills..which by the way could easily get in the hands of our children. i personally wish that everyone who "requires" pain medication were automatically sent to a pain clinic. they monitor 10xs better than we can. stop fussing about having to "pay" $40 for these drug screens.(and dont try and argue the price i know EXACTLY how much they are) you dont fuss about spending $40 on a carton of cigs or having to pay hundreds of dollars for the pain prescriptions. doctors offices are not a FREE CLINIC. they have to make money too and cant just hand you everything. you dont walk into walmart fill you buggy slam full & get to the register and say "oooppss i dont get my check until the 3rd..but ill catch you whenever it comes in" and actually walk out with your groceries.:)
Nonsense

Fremont, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

I know this dialogue is old but I have to post. My Dr just asked me to do urine drug testing as I am a chronic pain patient who takes 1 narcotic medication at night to sleep. I refused. I am not a drug seeker, addict or dealer and I honestly feel that it is an afroun to my civil liberties and my right to privacy. Furthermore why should the patient bare the cost???? Dr.s are not required to do this, they are climbing on board with it. One more lost right! Say no!
conservative taxpayer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

To the person paying out of pocket it might seem crazy for the testing. Promise you that there are a plenty folks that are using free subsidized medical care to receive free drugs and then selling them. The whole time my tax dollars are being wasted on this type of crime, if drugs are claimed to be needed at the expense of the taxpayer do insure the taxdollar ain't wasted.
test em.
Alma Native

Alma, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

MyDaddy wrote:
Let me just say this...some people must have pain meds to function BECAUSE they are in LEGITIMATE severe pain. My Dad is 89 with 5 collapsed discs in his back. He has too many health problems to have surgery. If a patient takes the meds as prescribed then there is no problem and a patient will not get hooked. A patient/care taker must have a responsible attitude about taking any medications. Who in the world wants to become dependant on anything even if you are 89? He has taken pain medication for about 3 years but not everyday because some days he says he is ok and doesn't really need it(usually because he has not gotten out of bed that day) but is NEVER given any additional meds before the prescribed time. I just wanted to post because I know pain meds can be taken/administered responsibility! Not everybody is trying to get high!
THANK YOU !! THIS IS SO TRUE. SOME PEOPLE NEED THEM TO FUNCTION IN DAILY LIVING. THOSE THAT ABUSE IT, MAKE IT HARD ON THOSE WHO REALLY DO NEED IT.
Against Drugs

Haubstadt, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Anyone can get addicted to pain pills even if they are used correctly. Your body will become immune if taking them for any given period of time. Addiction risk is higher when there is a family history of substance abuse. There are pills out there that can help control pain that are not a narcotic. I do not believe anyone should be prescribed a controlled substance for long periods of time. Pain pills will also alter your mind to think you are in pain. I would agree in giving the controlled substance if you are on your death bed to keep you comfortable in the last days/hours of your life or immediately after a major surgery. I support the drug testing and I honestly feel that there needs to be strong guidelines. The person who is taking more than the prescribed amount needs to be held accountable by turning in the person that is supplying them the drug if purchased off the street. There is big money in selling pain pills on the street. The earlier it is found that someone is abusing a substance the better chances that it will not get out of hand. Taking pills and becoming addicted can ruin your life! It destroys families, friends, employment and your overall health you can also die. I know this first hand as my spouse has an addiction to pain pills from a LEGITIMATE medical issue. Come live my nightmare and you would also support drug testing. If pain pills were not prescribed like they were candy and abuse was discovered earlier perhaps my family would not have been destroyed!
Stryker

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

cornhole252 wrote:
. if you go to a dr and recieve these kinds of medicine you SHOULD be REQUIRED to do and PAY the test as instructed. if you need the medicines you should have no problem taking the tests. many pain management places don't take medicare or medicaid and they shouldn't! medicaid SHOULDN'T pay for rehab either! we, the WORKING people are the one's fitting the bill for all this medicaid crap and i for one think it's stupid for the state to pay for any type of drug rehabilation!
These drug test are costing patience $160 per test. Its robbery and there's NO LAW ANYWHERE that says a Patient should be forced to pay $160 PER TEST, four to six times a year.

Also, your view on Rehab shows both your ignorance to the reality of this problem as well as its scope. I have lost two of my best friends as a result of Pill abuse. Its because of the lack of resources and options for people and families who are under siege.
Stryker

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

conservative taxpayer wrote:
To the person paying out of pocket it might seem crazy for the testing. Promise you that there are a plenty folks that are using free subsidized medical care to receive free drugs and then selling them. The whole time my tax dollars are being wasted on this type of crime, if drugs are claimed to be needed at the expense of the taxpayer do insure the taxdollar ain't wasted.
test em.
What are you talking about?? I have insurance, and my premiums go up EVER YEAR because of people with no insurance. I don't know what kind of tax burden you are babbling about old man but I pay an extra $80 per month. What you pay is miniscule in comparison and is usually recovered by drug/property seizures.
Stryker

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Nonsense wrote:
Furthermore why should the patient bare the cost???? Dr.s are not required to do this, they are climbing on board with it.
You are exactly right. This is an attempt for Doctors to make some serious extra cash while getting to play Rockstar at the Sheriffs Office.
No Problem

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Use a doctor you can trust. Most have your health as their best interest. Pain pill addiction is a major problem with the high ups all the way to those on medicaid so the doctors can't look at a person and tell what they do. Drug tests can show many things. If you are prescribed one kind and another kind shows up the doctor will know you have a problem.If nothing shows up and you keep wanting pain pills he/she knows there is a problem.Not only is pain pill addiction a major problem so are medical lawsuits. In my opinion its common sense for a doctor to do what tests that are necessary to protect the patient as well as theirself. If you are taking pain pills be "sure" to have the tests that checks for liver damage. Once the liver is damaged its damaged and pain medication will sure cause damage. Since there is a huge difference some are saying drug testing costs perhaps the more costly are for liver testing.??? I appreciate my doctors and if they suggest a test I trust them that its necessary. Sure I hate to pay out of pocket because I only have a major medical insurance but oh where would we all be if the doctors actually treated us as bad as they are talked about. LOL
weed for pain

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

I have a debilitating disease, this disease has no cure, causes severe pain as well as a host of other nasty effects. I have suffered for over 10 years the only relief I get is from smoking weed. I am white, educated, and in good health now. Smoking weed has many positive health benefits, unlike tobacco smoke which is toxic, marijuana smoke is an expectorant that will effectively clear your lungs. Also for Neuropathic pain there is to me no contest. I went from being forced to use a cane in order to keep from falling down to being able to jog, walk or ride a bicycle for extended periods of over two miles. I was skeptical at first to be sure, but after reading up on the information available I took a chance, and couldnt be happier that I did. I know that I am taking a chance of getting into trouble with the law, but I take precautions by knowing the laws here I know to keep under an ounce at the time and to never leave it out in the open. Like any medication if the person is responsible they should have no problems. I have used marijuana medicinally for eight years, and will continue to do so for the beneficial health, and the improved quality of life. I hope that one day soon our law makers will get with the program and follow suit with other Conservative states like Colorado that have an intelligent environment surrounding marijuana. Until that time I will continue to be an advocate for marijuana because I truly believe in its many beneficial effects. And I am convinced that many people that are taking dangerous opiate derived pain medication, could be freed from their addiction and given true relief from their pain w/o the toxic side effects. In closing I believe that opiates are much more dangerous/damaging to our society than Marijuana, and I encourage anyone that has to take opiates for pain to at least read some articles about medical marijuana and pain, but Ideally to procure a small amount of marijuana and give it the old college try. You may find yourself in a much nicer state of living and enjoyment of your life and health.
suzieGestapo

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

SusieQ wrote:
you know the sad part is that the people who need controlled drugs would not give them to you nor sell them.Whomever is selling the drugs should never be allowed contol scripts ever again.
If you know someone who sells their meds,they do not need them and you should turn them in. Of course if you are the one buying,that's out of the question.
yes turn in your neighbors, they deserve the gaschamber for selling their pills. Please spy on your neighbors and if you see them doing anything out of the ordinary call the police intimately! If you see them selling pills you should play god and shoot them yourselves. Seig Hail!

/sarcasm off
satisfied customer

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

cut to the chase wrote:
What if someone is taking them and doesn't have a prescription from his doctor. Is that an invasion of privacy.. Then all these folks without insurance are going to jail...???? answer that one.
Suppose you get hurt and can 't afford to go ....bum a pain pill and you are in trouble.
You must have a prescription to take prescribed drugs. It is illegal to take someone else's meds to save money. If you don't have insurance, talk to the pharmacist about ways to get your meds for reduced costs. Where there's a will there's a legal way.
lol

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

conservative taxpayer wrote:
test em.
talk about wasted TAX dollars Piss testing everyone on pills lol! How much do you think that is going to cost the taxpayers you intellectual gnat? People like you are so eager for punitive measures you dont even take time to think through your own idiocy. Actually I hope they start charging more for the piss test and they take even more of your "TAX" dollars you buffoon. In FL the governor did something similar and come to find out his Wife "Owns" the company that processes the piss testing for the state. Conflict of interests haha? Sure lets all get piss tested make some rich bastards even richer and it wont save a single person. They dont care how many pill heads die, if they did they wouldnt prescribe "junk" that will kill you, after it hooks you for years. Taking those pills kills your internal organs, but they have pills for that too so its no big deal lol?
"
satisfied customer

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
<quoted text>talk about wasted TAX dollars Piss testing everyone on pills lol! How much do you think that is going to cost the taxpayers you intellectual gnat? People like you are so eager for punitive measures you dont even take time to think through your own idiocy. Actually I hope they start charging more for the piss test and they take even more of your "TAX" dollars you buffoon. In FL the governor did something similar and come to find out his Wife "Owns" the company that processes the piss testing for the state. Conflict of interests haha? Sure lets all get piss tested make some rich bastards even richer and it wont save a single person. They dont care how many pill heads die, if they did they wouldnt prescribe "junk" that will kill you, after it hooks you for years. Taking those pills kills your internal organs, but they have pills for that too so its no big deal lol?
"
It can't cost as much as recipients welfare checks do!
SPAZ

Austell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Lycos wrote:
I agree that it's terrible that everyone has to suffer because of the ignorance of a few. But what's worse is that it really doesn't solve the problem. People that sell their meds just save enough to take before they go to the doctor, so it doesn't stop anything and punishes people that take their medication legitimately.
If you can not take your pain medicine for two or three days before seeing the doctor them you really don't need them for chronic pain relief.
agree

Douglas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Against Drugs wrote:
Anyone can get addicted to pain pills even if they are used correctly. Your body will become immune if taking them for any given period of time. Addiction risk is higher when there is a family history of substance abuse. There are pills out there that can help control pain that are not a narcotic. I do not believe anyone should be prescribed a controlled substance for long periods of time. Pain pills will also alter your mind to think you are in pain. I would agree in giving the controlled substance if you are on your death bed to keep you comfortable in the last days/hours of your life or immediately after a major surgery. I support the drug testing and I honestly feel that there needs to be strong guidelines. The person who is taking more than the prescribed amount needs to be held accountable by turning in the person that is supplying them the drug if purchased off the street. There is big money in selling pain pills on the street. The earlier it is found that someone is abusing a substance the better chances that it will not get out of hand. Taking pills and becoming addicted can ruin your life! It destroys families, friends, employment and your overall health you can also die. I know this first hand as my spouse has an addiction to pain pills from a LEGITIMATE medical issue. Come live my nightmare and you would also support drug testing. If pain pills were not prescribed like they were candy and abuse was discovered earlier perhaps my family would not have been destroyed!
I dont understand why people judged this post as "nuts", "clueless" , or "spam", this person is correct. I have never liked pain medicine but when I had a C-Section I was given laracets for the pain, I got 30 pills to eat in halves every 4 hrs or as needed for pain. When i took the first half I remember having this warm feeling all through my body, 2 days later my body had become use to the pills and I no longer had that feeling anymore. Pain meds dosage will have to be upped after taking them for so long and people easily get hooked on these medicines physically and mentally, after a while a simple dose will stop working. Pain medications are very dangerous and really do ruin peoples lives if addiction happens, sadly it happens alot more than the general public like to think.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of57
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

82 Users are viewing the Douglas Forum right now

Search the Douglas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 min ChicknButt 39,764
Kobe? 32 min Tokyo Lover 22
Jobeth Thomas and Eliza Bell 2 hr WV_Hater 69
T&J Stucco Terry and John Minchew Dishonest!!! 2 hr ImGodsgurl 3
Michael Clark 2 hr Cramp 56
Bruce Adams 3 hr idiot 9
Representative 4 hr Gun Runner 154
•••
•••
•••
•••

Douglas Jobs

•••