First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shade

Douglas, GA

#1 Jul 13, 2012
Ugh that place is killing almost everyone out there. I don't see how can anybody send there loved one out there!
seems okay

Perry, GA

#2 Jul 13, 2012
Seems okay to me. What is your problem? Did you get fired?
Me Too

Moultrie, GA

#3 Jul 13, 2012
It is a place for ill people that can not be taken care of at home by their families. Most all nursing homes are the same, same smell, same aura, same air....the price of daring to get old in a young society.
Nunya

Columbus, GA

#4 Jul 13, 2012
Sadly, people die at nursing homes. Most of them that get put in there do die, some of them go there for physical therapy after surgery and then go home. Nursing home workers....nurses, cna's, housekeeping, laundry, kitchen staff, maintenance all work very hard to care for people and the place they live. It's a very hard job and I think sometimes people feel guilty for putting their loved ones there and feel mad about it so they take that anger out on the workers. Most nurses and cnas love their patients and spend most of their waking hours caring for them and making sure their most basic needs are met. Instead of downing these people you should be thanking them for their hard work.
info

United States

#5 Jul 13, 2012
I am employed with shady acres. Personally I love it. The patients really is a joy to be around and after so long they become almost like your family

“Play it again, Sam.”

Since: Oct 11

Casablanca

#6 Jul 13, 2012
Shade wrote:
Ugh that place is killing almost everyone out there. I don't see how can anybody send there loved one out there!
Clearly, for you to have this opinion, you obviously do not have an elderly loved one that you cannot afford home care for and who cannot be cared for otherwise.

My husbands grandmother resides at Shady Acres and she is well taken care of. The staff is kind and patient with her and she has never been mistreated. It's not the staffs fault that the elderly come with strange smells that people like you cannot abide. Surely you can understand that with age and affliction, things happen. The smells of urine, feces and body odor are GOING to be a dominate smells in a place that houses elderly people who cannot control their bowel moments or go to the bathroom themselves. The patients are taken care of - and the facility is clean and orderly but I assure you that no amount of Lysol can mask the scent of dozens of elderly patients having accidents while nurses and aides work day and night to try to keep them fed, clean, content, and free of discomfort and pain.

This thread is simply one of many like it that people like you randomly throw out outrageous accusations and hope enough people jump on the bandwagon to make you feel like a super cool individual.

You're an idiot. Live with it.
GA Girl

Ashburn, GA

#7 Jul 13, 2012
Well said, L_ E_ Terrell!
A member of my family was sent there for therapy after suffering a stroke. Unfortunately, she was never able to come home so that became her home.
She loved the staff, and they loved her and were good to her. No,it was not perfect, but sometimes you have to make the best of a bad situation. I went frequently, and I knew she was being taken care of when I was not there. I did not always agree with their policies and procedures, but there was only 1 CNA that I ever had a problem with. They eventually had to let her go. My family member still had her mental faculties. You have no idea, Shade, some of the cases that staff has to deal with and do so compassionately. For the most part, they do an admirable job.
vw12

Greer, SC

#8 Jul 18, 2012
When my grandmother stayed out there for almost a month for therapy after being in the hospital.. She did not even wanna go home. I think most are treated fair. I also think there is some things that cna's do to some of the patients that the family never knows about.
Well

Kersey, PA

#9 Jul 24, 2012
Yes the CNA's do something the families dont know about.THEY FUCKING STEAL!!! You think your family member is ok.are you there 24/? What about the people that doesnt have family who are they going to tell they are old and scared.before you ask no I didnt work in that stinking shithole!!
Nate

Sylacauga, AL

#10 Jul 24, 2012
It's probably a great place for the elderly now that they got rid of a few people that thought they needed the meds more then the patients did.
Nunya

Columbus, GA

#11 Jul 24, 2012
Well wrote:
Yes the CNA's do something the families dont know about.THEY FUCKING STEAL!!! You think your family member is ok.are you there 24/? What about the people that doesnt have family who are they going to tell they are old and scared.before you ask no I didnt work in that stinking shithole!!
And you know this how?? If you have not worked there, then you don't know what goes on there. Why put it down so harshly?
i know facts

Douglas, GA

#12 Jul 24, 2012
My grand ma was there. One of the employees stole her bad of quarters that she won at bingo that they have their weekly. Her chocolates were also stolen. It couldn't have been anyone other then the employees. She died in that shit hole. Not because of the nurses it was just her time BUT a few days before she died, there were large bruises all over her arms. I don't understand how that could happen being as though she couldn't even get out of bed. So im certain it was the nurses. We never found out who did it and that's probably the best thing because they would now be laying g in the ground just like my grandma. I honestly hope I never find out who hurt her because I will be in prison the rest of my life. I don't have not one decent thing to say about this place. I only wish there had been a different alternative for us and the well being of my grand mother. FUCK Shady Acres. Oh yeah, there were a FEW sweet and loving nurses out there but not enough to change anything
Nunya

Columbus, GA

#13 Jul 24, 2012
Bruises often happen easily on the elderly. Esp if they are on blood thinners such as Coumadin or take Aspirin daily. Just because someone had a bruise does't mean a nurse did it.
Seriously Real

Moultrie, GA

#14 Jul 24, 2012
My great aunt is out there. We are all the time having to re-buy her clothes, personal items, and blankets. Either the staff borrow them for another patient to use or for their own personal use. This is all too common at many nursing homes. So sad to take from someone that has nothing to being with.
Southern Belle

Douglas, GA

#15 Jul 27, 2012
My dad was there before he passed. Overall, it was a good experience. There were some workers that were better than others, but that is anywhere. I was there almost daily, so I had a pretty good idea of what was going on. I was frustrated a few times, but the truth is, nobody there is going to take care for our loved ones the way we want because they have other patients that need their attention, too. I wish I could have stayed home and taken care of my dad, but I had to work, and Shady Acres was a good alternative for us.

I am sorry for those who have had a bad experience. I do admit that there were some workers who just didn't care, but whatcha goin do? The best thing to do is to complain (with a calm demeanor) to the director and if enough people do this, the bad ones will eventually be replaced if there is someone willing to replace them.
Bad experience

Moultrie, GA

#16 Jul 27, 2012
My mother fell and broke her hip(complicated). She was moved to SA to receive therapy. The wheel chair was in her room, and was never moved, never received therapy, not one minute, but medicare was billed for it. We carried 7 night gowns and 2 house robes on the day she was admitted. I went three times a day to check on her. She never received her breathing treatments, by any of the staff. I was informed that they did not do that. It wasn't their job! She was admitted on Friday afternoon,and the next Wednesday when I got out there she was in the bed DRESSED in a HOUSE ROBE. I checked her closet and all her gowns were gone. We had written her name on the back with a black magic marker, to make matters worst, all her panties had disappeared also. I went to Walmart and bought two cheap gowns, went back and put one of them on her. I inquired as to where her gowns were, I never received an answer. My Mother died early Saturday morning, one week after being admitted out there. There was an RN that worked there that was so rude and crude they should never have hired her. I hope that I never have another relative that has to go there. No, if I could have moved her back and forth to receive therapy she would not have gone there. They were not going to houses at that time to give therapy. It's like burying them alive when you have to put them there.
Shade

Douglas, GA

#17 Jul 30, 2012
Well to your concern I ACTUALLY WORK THERE AS WELL and i see Firt hand how these residents are suffering,...... Some CNA's are so verbally abusive and rude...rough when turning residents...So call me and idiot...but i can almost assure you that what you think is going on aint really going doen.... Thanks!
research4urself

Athens, GA

#18 Jul 30, 2012
My Dad was there after suffering a stroke also. My Mother went out there and fead him every meal. Me or my mother was there every day if not 2 or 3 times a day. My Daddy was my heart and I loved him dearly! After his stroke sadly he could not move his left side and never was in his right mind again. He knew us when we were there but couldnt tell us how he was being treated. We walked in one afternoon to feed him dinner and he said "my left arm is killing me. They had layed him down on the arm he couldnt move (it was under his back) after we went and fead him lunch and left him like that all day until we got back out there to feed him dinner. What if we wouldnt have shown up? He would have laid like that until morning probally! They NEVER came in and just checked on him EVER! He was never able to mash the nurses button on his on and they knew this yet they never checked on him! Once he had the hiccups for 3 days and nights and when I ask for something to give him they ordered finagin (sp) It says in his medical records he can not talk that medication. When I got there and ask what they were going to give him I told them he could not take that. I then ask if I could see the Dr. the nurse said and I quote "so you are refusing his medication" I said yes he can not take that. She then tells me that the Dr. only comes on Friday mornings. I ask if I was there early the next morning (this happened on a Thuesday) could I see him. I was told and again I quote" you can be here but I cant promise you will see him" My Daddy was there for 3 months and I NEVER laid eyes on a Dr. and we were there EVERY DAY! 2 days before he past away my Mom went to feed him lunch and they had him in his wheel chair at the front desk. He was stooped over and could not even hold his head up yet there he sat! We had been tell ing them for days that something had changed and he had forgotten how to eat and swollow. Mom MADE them call the hospital and have him transported there. He weighed 115 lbs. when we got to the ER. The scan showed he had another major stroke about 5 days before. He died the next day. We had already said we did not wont to take him back out there when they let him go from the hospital. God made that decision for us. I will never have another family member put there. We were there twice a day every day and my Daddy was treated like S**t ! God bless the ones that family cant check on very often! By the way, even though I never seen the Dr. out there he billed my Daddys insurance and Medicare for everyday he was in that place!!!!
ihateit

Cambridge, MA

#19 Jul 30, 2012
Does that nasty crack hoe Erin perry still work there?
Bing

United States

#20 Jul 30, 2012
Shade wrote:
Well to your concern I ACTUALLY WORK THERE AS WELL and i see Firt hand how these residents are suffering,...... Some CNA's are so verbally abusive and rude...rough when turning residents...So call me and idiot...but i can almost assure you that what you think is going on aint really going doen.... Thanks!
You f!ckers are abusive and rude. I bet you enjoy your jobs. Talking old people out of their pensions. Oh I don't get paid enough, so the old lady with dementia writes you a check or hands you twenty extra dollars that you didn't earn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two Shootings on Saturday 28 min lol baby 15
Jack and Rhonda Smith 34 min lol baby 15
Starting a poll 38 min lol baby 32
Do tattoo cheapen a woman and make her look lik... (Jun '14) 50 min N the know 34
Brandi batton porter 3 hr Hazel 3
Another Affair 5 hr Just Heard This 1
$500.00 20 hr lol baby 71

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages