Broxton wreck last night claims the l...

Broxton wreck last night claims the life of Bro. Edward Day...

Posted in the Douglas Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Yeah, I'm a REBEL!”

Since: Feb 10

Douglas

#1 Apr 29, 2010
Last night myself and a lot of others in the Broxton area lost a life long well respected friend/mentor/pastor/neighbor. Around 9:40 last nite, brother Edward Day and his wife were returning from church when he slammed into the back of a semi truck that had slowed for another vehicle to leave the road. He along with his wife, sister Bernice Phillips Day, were taken to Coffee Regional Hospital where he later died as they were about to transport him to Macon. His wife was flown to Macon in critical condition. Please pray for this family. Bro Edward is certainly in a better place today and will be missed by many who knew him in the Coffee County area.
sugarkane

Flowery Branch, GA

#2 Apr 29, 2010
thats so sad. my prayers for this family and mrs. Day.
Doodle

Kathleen, GA

#3 Apr 29, 2010
Praying for the Day family.
Back2stay

Vidalia, GA

#4 Apr 29, 2010
Liftin them up to the Lord in prayer...

Since: May 08

Athens,ga.

#5 Apr 29, 2010
Hate to hear this so sad.
friend

Dudley, GA

#6 Apr 29, 2010
He was truly a friend when we especially needed one.

Since: Jul 08

Valdosta, GA

#7 Apr 29, 2010
prayers for the day family
friend

Dudley, GA

#8 Apr 29, 2010
Please post arrangements when known.

Since: Apr 10

Somewhere out there

#10 Apr 29, 2010
This is so sad, the Days are really good people. My heart goes out to them and my prayers are with them.

“Yeah, I'm a REBEL!”

Douglas

#11 Apr 29, 2010
Funeral services for Bro. Edward Day will be held Sunday at 4pm at the Calvery Holiness Campground on 441 N. near the ocmulgee river. Visitation will be Friday and Saturday nights from 6-9 at Sims funeral home. Burial will be at New Corinth Holiness Church located on the Broxton/Fitzgerald Hwy. Will post complete obit tomorrow.

Gainesville, GA

#12 Apr 29, 2010
So-- so-- sad we will be praying--Mr Day was a fine man in my book--sorry to hear this news.....Jack

Somewhere out there

#13 Apr 29, 2010
Is his wife Bernice going to be able to attend the service?? Has anyone hear how she is doing??
WantU2NO

Moultrie, GA

#14 Apr 29, 2010
I didn't know Mr. Day or any of his family, except his daughter-in-law, Jan. Always thought she was a precious lady.
WantU2NO

Moultrie, GA

#15 Apr 29, 2010
Will keep this family in my prayers. Please do the same.

“Yeah, I'm a REBEL!”

Douglas

#16 Apr 29, 2010
Bernice is still in ICU, she is responsive, she has a broken pelvis, broken hip, broken ribs and a pin has been put in her knee.They have her in traction. She does not know about Edward yet. The family is thinking about letting her Dr. break it to her, She will not be able to attend his funeral Sunday. Please keep her and the family in your prayers....Thanks
Cityboy

United States

#17 Apr 29, 2010
my condolences to the Day family mourn for a season but also rejoice for he is in the bosom of abraham heaven has received another warrior who has faught a good fight GOD BLESS

Since: May 08

Athens,ga.

#18 Apr 29, 2010
Old Coffee for Real wrote:
Bernice is still in ICU, she is responsive, she has a broken pelvis, broken hip, broken ribs and a pin has been put in her knee.They have her in traction. She does not know about Edward yet. The family is thinking about letting her Dr. break it to her, She will not be able to attend his funeral Sunday. Please keep her and the family in your prayers....Thanks
I pray she will have a speedy recovery but the pain of the loss of her best friend will last forever may God be with this lady.

Somewhere out there

#19 Apr 29, 2010
Old Coffee for Real wrote:
Thats so sad, Bernice is kin to my grandma some how and my grandma was calling her daughter today to see how Bernice is doing. I think it will be harder on her not to beable to attend the funeral. Prayers for all.

Gainesville, GA

#20 Apr 30, 2010
This family, as far as I know have always been good honest hardworking folks--to have them have another tragedy like this is sad..I know Wayne, one of the son's was murderded several years ago by a man that worked for them and lived on their place. The man{if you want to call him a man} was hunting with Wayne and shot him point blank in the back of the head, and stole something like 20-40 dollars from his wallet--that same fellow has since got out of prison and killed an older man in Broxton, that had taken him in to give him a place to stay, and is back in prison--then there was the bee truck that wrecked between Westgreen and Nicholls that night several years ago and another brother like to have lost his life{ i was there] it was scary...Just hope God has a plan for this family down the road they have been through a lot--Bless them all and we will be praying for them all....Jack -- I may be wrong about Wayne's name but best I can remember that is what it was....

“Yeah, I'm a REBEL!”

Douglas

#21 Apr 30, 2010
you cant handle the truth wrote:
This family, as far as I know have always been good honest hardworking folks--to have them have another tragedy like this is sad..I know Wayne, one of the son's was murderded several years ago by a man that worked for them and lived on their place. The man{if you want to call him a man} was hunting with Wayne and shot him point blank in the back of the head, and stole something like 20-40 dollars from his wallet--that same fellow has since got out of prison and killed an older man in Broxton, that had taken him in to give him a place to stay, and is back in prison--then there was the bee truck that wrecked between Westgreen and Nicholls that night several years ago and another brother like to have lost his life{ i was there] it was scary...Just hope God has a plan for this family down the road they have been through a lot--Bless them all and we will be praying for them all....Jack -- I may be wrong about Wayne's name but best I can remember that is what it was....
Your right Jack it was Wayne Day...The night Wayne was at the funeral home, I saw Bro Edward neal down at his son's casket and pray for the Lord to give him strength to handle his son's death without vengence. Bro. Edward was truly a remarkable christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fake a** people in Douglas. 11 hr Tolerman 17
Can anyone please tell me who has rental proper... 13 hr GoDawgs 2
Midnight Riders Concert Mon Dumb a 3
Ki Murray Mon Wow 8
Tiffany Waldron (Jan '17) Sep 17 nobody important 5
REM electric Sep 16 yep thats right 2
News Racist Voter Suppression Revealed in a Small-To... Sep 16 oldsarge 1

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance