Dru Steakhouse
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Anon

Willacoochee, GA

#42 Jul 24, 2012
The parmesan crusted chicken was awful. It's like the cooked the chicken breast in beer and then just threw shredded cheese on top of it. The beer taste was really strong, to the point it was like eating hot, meaty beer.

Everything else was great though.
STEAK

Atlanta, GA

#43 Jul 24, 2012
maybemaybenot wrote:
My wife and I eat there this weekend, I ordered the baked chicken breasts with a salad and loaded potato, the salad was good but the potato had about two shreds of cheese on it, a smidgen of butter and a smidgen of sour cream, the chicken sucked, it looked and tasted like cardboard.
Well you did eat chicken at a steak house so I don't see why your complaining
STEAK

Atlanta, GA

#44 Jul 24, 2012
FOOD IS GREAT
person of interest

Adel, GA

#45 Jul 24, 2012
I ate there this evening and tried the ribeye. It was seasoned good and cooked to my liking. Nice salad bar and the baked potato was good with butter and sour cream. I'll probably go back every couple of weeks checking out different dishes.
NO Gossip

Douglas, GA

#46 Jul 25, 2012
Tried it and I have to say it was pretty good. Greeted at the door and order was taken. Rolls with honey butter was brought to the table while we waited. Philly cheese with steak fries and country fried steak. Philly was great. The white gravy was missing something but acceptable. Had the potatoe skins for an appitizer. The portions were large. I knew several of the waitresses. We had a toddler with us and they had fun with her. The restaurant was clean. The only gripe on service is they should have cleared some of the dishes on the table, and we had to hunt down the check when it was time to pay. Overall I enjoyed it and will be back. We did eat before the dinner rush around 4:00, just because I wanted to make sure the food come quickly and we could avoid the cooks being in the weeds. Two people with appitizer including an $8 tip came to $40. So it was overall a good visit. Plan to try the steak next time. Oh and didn't see any peanuts on the floor and music was at an acceptable level.
mom to a waitress

Douglas, GA

#47 Jul 25, 2012
Try the boneless porkchops! They are the best! Service is great! Already ate there two times and will beback!
ummm

Gray, GA

#48 Jul 25, 2012
NO Gossip wrote:
Tried it and I have to say it was pretty good. Greeted at the door and order was taken. Rolls with honey butter was brought to the table while we waited. Philly cheese with steak fries and country fried steak. Philly was great. The white gravy was missing something but acceptable. Had the potatoe skins for an appitizer. The portions were large. I knew several of the waitresses. We had a toddler with us and they had fun with her. The restaurant was clean. The only gripe on service is they should have cleared some of the dishes on the table, and we had to hunt down the check when it was time to pay. Overall I enjoyed it and will be back. We did eat before the dinner rush around 4:00, just because I wanted to make sure the food come quickly and we could avoid the cooks being in the weeds. Two people with appitizer including an $8 tip came to $40. So it was overall a good visit. Plan to try the steak next time. Oh and didn't see any peanuts on the floor and music was at an acceptable level.
Really, there were no peanuts? That has been the only thing stopping us from going. Thank you for the honest review. You didn't seem to have any sort of bias and just presented the facts!
Owner

Tulsa, OK

#49 Jul 27, 2012
Guys thanks for all the feedback. I want to thank the people that have had a good experience while we are working out all the kinks. To address the fries I am working on getting a better product. As far as the location l am working with the city on cleaning up this part of town I am in. I feel if I can produce a great product with great service and work with the chamber and city we can turn this area into a location that the city of Douglas can be proud of. I know that we have some work to do that I address everyday. If you have a bad experience please tell me @ [email protected] I would love the chance to met you and talk about any problems that arise with your experience.
Thanks for all the feed back
Dru's Steaks
From Fitzgerald

Kittanning, PA

#50 Jul 27, 2012
Owner wrote:
Guys thanks for all the feedback. I want to thank the people that have had a good experience while we are working out all the kinks. To address the fries I am working on getting a better product. As far as the location l am working with the city on cleaning up this part of town I am in. I feel if I can produce a great product with great service and work with the chamber and city we can turn this area into a location that the city of Douglas can be proud of. I know that we have some work to do that I address everyday. If you have a bad experience please tell me @ [email protected] I would love the chance to met you and talk about any problems that arise with your experience.
Thanks for all the feed back
Dru's Steaks
Good luck, I hope you are a success!!Very few know what it takes to own a business!!
Closed

Ray City, GA

#51 Oct 3, 2012
Did they close down?
yes

Pearson, GA

#52 Oct 3, 2012
yes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
im new to this what do i do and how does it wor... (Oct '15) 22 min laughingatallfive 8
Keep It Classy, Douglas (Oct '15) 26 min laughingatallfive 18
Stupid me!!! 42 min skynardtwo 16
rural want to be paparazzi 1 hr skynnardtwo 11
real or not creepy clowns 1 hr skynnardtwo 9
What's boardwalk circle, douglas ga? 14 hr But really 4
Model from Douglas, GA (Sep '12) 22 hr money 1567 193

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages