Trick or Treating
Halloween

Oxford, AL

#1 Oct 20, 2012
Does anyone know when the city of douglas is wanting the children to go trick or treating. The 31st, or the Sat before or what? I read somewhere they we encouraging trunk or treats. Does anyone know where I can go for a good trunk or treat? What do ya'll plan on doing with your children this year and what day will you take them if you are trick or treating?
Lawdy Lawd

Douglas, GA

#2 Oct 20, 2012
I'm going to be passing out candy at my house that is in a residential community. I've got my cabinet full of candy and am excited about seeing all of the cute kids with their costumes. I would like to know if the city plans to recommend trick-or-treating any day other than on the 31st. Hopefully, they will put the word out as soon as possible.
Another idea

Montezuma, GA

#3 Oct 20, 2012
Lawdy Lawd wrote:
I'm going to be passing out candy at my house that is in a residential community. I've got my cabinet full of candy and am excited about seeing all of the cute kids with their costumes. I would like to know if the city plans to recommend trick-or-treating any day other than on the 31st. Hopefully, they will put the word out as soon as possible.
I thought I saw in the paper that it is on Oct. 31 from 6-10. 10 is too late in my opinion. 9 is long enough for young ones to be out. Later than that just means the older kids (MS and HS) come around begging for their "sick" sibling. Please.
I do wish the schools would start doing a lesson the day of Halloween about manners. A simple "thank you" never hurt anyone.
Big Jim

Douglas, GA

#4 Oct 20, 2012
What ever happened to trick or treating ON Halloween?
What day is the City going to tell us to celebrate Christmas? Or the Fourth of July?
Lawdy Lawd

Douglas, GA

#5 Oct 21, 2012
Big Jim wrote:
What ever happened to trick or treating ON Halloween?
What day is the City going to tell us to celebrate Christmas? Or the Fourth of July?
I agree with you. Looks like the city does, too, this year. I think it's been changed to trick-or-treating on Saturday when Halloween fell on a Sunday, but I say let the chips fall where they may. If Halloween is on Sunday, church folks could do truck-or-treating in their parking lot after church.
citizen

Douglas, GA

#6 Oct 21, 2012
There are many churches in the community doing Halloween events... first methodist, covenant. not sure of any others.
Hermes

Warner Robins, GA

#7 Oct 21, 2012
This is just part of the war on Halloween! It's not a fall festival! All Hallows Eve predates Christianity and should be respected. Would you stand for the city telling you when to celebrate Christmas?
Witches, vampires and ghouls UNITE! Celebrate Halloween on the day it was intended!

*brought to you by Citizens against Political Correctness
wondering

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Oct 21, 2012
where is a decent neighborhood to take my little one trick or treating, we did baymeadows last yr and Id rather not do that again this yr, Im thinking somewhere a little more low key..
intheknow

Fitzgerald, GA

#9 Oct 22, 2012
wondering wrote:
where is a decent neighborhood to take my little one trick or treating, we did baymeadows last yr and Id rather not do that again this yr, Im thinking somewhere a little more low key..
We took our kids to Bojo Ella last year. there was 1 house that was realy decorated and the kids loved it not on Bojo Ella but on a road that turns off it in that neighborhood.
Mallard Point

Alma, GA

#10 Oct 22, 2012
Everyone should go to Charles Harpers house - LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Dentist 25 min Scotty 1
mustang sally 2 hr stamina 5
School Board Elections 9 hr vote no incumbent 24
Looking to clean houses. 11 hr april2429 11
ccboe 18 hr LPN2004 130
Is it still 1930 Fri timewarp 4
Bobbys treat shop Fri Family 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages