replacing the current school board an...
Wow

Columbus, GA

#64 Apr 21, 2012
Crazy wrote:
Not our business?? You are crazy! Salaries of all state employees are public record. We'll know next year when the State of Georgia salaries website is updated.
That website does not include local supplements... So chances are if he got a raise the people will not know. Moneys shown on that website are pays that come directly from the state... Local supplements make salaries (admin and board staff) much higher than shown. Just thought you should know...
what

Kathleen, GA

#65 Apr 21, 2012
is this true ? i don't have any kids in school now, but it's a shame if the superintendent and board has become this corrupt in coffee county. To let a football coach take priority over kids education is a disgrace, this never would have happened 20 years ago. Guys like my dad would carry these crooks to the county line and dare them to cross back over. where are the dads now to stand up for their kids ?
Not true

Kittanning, PA

#66 Apr 21, 2012
No it is not true. These idiots got what they wanted...a sucker to believe them. This super and board is the most ethical we have had in three decades.
ABC

Roswell, GA

#67 Apr 21, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
That website does not include local supplements... So chances are if he got a raise the people will not know. Moneys shown on that website are pays that come directly from the state... Local supplements make salaries (admin and board staff) much higher than shown. Just thought you should know...
The state audit department report does include local supplements.
liar

Lawrenceville, GA

#68 Apr 21, 2012
Not true wrote:
No it is not true. These idiots got what they wanted...a sucker to believe them. This super and board is the most ethical we have had in three decades.
You must be the super or a board member! Ethical? Not even close!
julian

Elko, GA

#69 Apr 21, 2012
Not true wrote:
this person can't post any more, i'm sure they just got hit by lighting
CanNOT Wait

Douglas, GA

#70 Apr 21, 2012
i know wrote:
We can't get a Publix or an Olive Garden but we expect to compete in 6A? I'm with truckin. We can't compete. We had rather be the worst in the biggest class than the best in a lower division.
Can not get Publix or any thing else because we do not want to expand the city limits. Some of you people are CLUELESS!!!
speaking of clueless

Lakeland, GA

#71 Apr 21, 2012
Can not compete in a 6A region either.
Yes We Can

Douglas, GA

#72 Apr 21, 2012
speaking of clueless wrote:
Can not compete in a 6A region either.
Sound familar to you all.Give it 3 years and you will eat your words.
truckin

Kathleen, GA

#73 Apr 21, 2012
Yes We Can wrote:
<quoted text>Sound familar to you all.Give it 3 years and you will eat your words.
i love how they get dim wits like to you drink the cool aid. we will always get pooped on in 6A, we can' even hold our own in 3A..our kids will get hurt trying to compete in 6A, so whose going to pay the doctor bills..??
truckin

Kathleen, GA

#74 Apr 21, 2012
CanNOT Wait wrote:
<quoted text> Can not get Publix or any thing else because we do not want to expand the city limits. Some of you people are CLUELESS!!!
ok, here we go again.. i will personally kick you can if you even attempt to say any thing good will come from the city taking county land..

ya'll here this guy, this is the same guy telling you the new school administration is awesome and wants to turn county land into city land. does it need to get any clearer whose the con artist in this..??
vote

Warner Robins, GA

#75 Apr 21, 2012
Get a profesional business person on the BOE. Put Ronnie Spivey,Don Brooks,David Norris,Kyle Spivey,Maudine Wright,Dayne Purvis Th Mr.Harrell from Harrells' funeral home,George MCCiver.Not just people that want to be herd ans seen,but people that has a business background...Oh Joan Lewis.
truckin

Kathleen, GA

#76 Apr 22, 2012
vote wrote:
Get a profesional business person on the BOE. Put Ronnie Spivey,Don Brooks,David Norris,Kyle Spivey,Maudine Wright,Dayne Purvis Th Mr.Harrell from Harrells' funeral home,George MCCiver.Not just people that want to be herd ans seen,but people that has a business background...Oh Joan Lewis.
i would vote for any of those also. i really do hope some of those names will consider running.!!! the new superintendent would either put our kids first or take another hike, like he's been to 3 different school in the last what, 5 years. we don't want him either.
justme

United States

#77 Apr 22, 2012
If this is true, why would you not report this to the health dept?

Booyah wrote:
You can yell BULLCRAP all you want, that still doesn't make the facts less truthful. The septic system issue at the elementary school has been there for several years. It has been blamed on additions being added to the school, but was an issue long before the most recent addition. When you walk by the tank and raw sewage gushes out with every flush and spills onto the playground, it's sickening. It has been reported to the office staff and I hope passed along to the current administrator.
Food for Thought

Ocilla, GA

#78 Apr 22, 2012
truckin wrote:
<quoted text>
i would vote for any of those also. i really do hope some of those names will consider running.!!! the new superintendent would either put our kids first or take another hike, like he's been to 3 different school in the last what, 5 years. we don't want him either.
I don't know all of those people, but the ones I do know would probably be good choices. One thing to keep in mind, though is this. You can't run a school like a business. Businesses get to choose their raw materials and reject anything that isn't up to par. Schools have to take what they get and are expected to turn out 100% perfection. Show me a business leader that can do that and I will vote for him/her now.
Wow

United States

#79 Apr 22, 2012
Make sure those leaders have kids in the system... Kids that their decisions (good or bad) will effect!
Wow

United States

#80 Apr 22, 2012
ABC wrote:
<quoted text>
The state audit department report does include local supplements.
I stand corrected. I was told it did not. Thank you for clearing that up. It is not my desire to report incorrect information. Again, thank you.
Educated

Centerville, IA

#81 Apr 22, 2012
Mr. truckin is very much in need of accurate information. Time to join the rest of us in the year 2012. It is antiquated thinking like yours that will slow down progress for our schools and community. I bet you will be unhappy when many if not all of the new initiatives are successful. If you are not part of the the solution you are part of the problem! So what part are you?
Tallulah Bell

Nashville, GA

#82 Apr 22, 2012
M Leis has been a Superintendent for 3 years. He was the principal at Fitzgerald High School, then moved to Wayne County as Superintendent. Experience challenged much?
truckin

Kathleen, GA

#83 Apr 22, 2012
Educated wrote:
Mr. truckin is very much in need of accurate information. Time to join the rest of us in the year 2012. It is antiquated thinking like yours that will slow down progress for our schools and community. I bet you will be unhappy when many if not all of the new initiatives are successful. If you are not part of the the solution you are part of the problem! So what part are you?
you will see next election who needs to get with what my friend, taking county land to make the city larger and trying this corrupt form of school politics is not going to work in coffee county. we still have to many parents here that care about our kids. you all will be shown the door election time if not before then.

and "we" are part of the solution. that is running trash like you out of coffee county for good. take your football coach, superintendent, and plans on taking county land back to wayne county with you. it's not going to happen here, i promise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is Dr. Khan 6 hr Sarah 76 12
Jack and Rhonda Smith 6 hr Bog on 1
Brandi batton porter 7 hr Hazel 1
$500.00 7 hr stupidisasstupiddoes 27
Football Radio Announcers-Referees 14 hr Tipsa 5
Ruby Tuesday (Jul '15) 20 hr Frustrated 4
edith sheffield ( district attorney) (Mar '13) 21 hr stupidisasstupiddoes 218

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance