First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Talkin

Adel, GA

#42 Aug 30, 2011
lvn in Dgls wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming Soon! The new Samsung Galaxy Precedent powered by ANDROID™!! Download over 250,000 Android apps! 3.2" Touch Screen, 3G, Android 2.2, Wi-Fi®, 2 MP Camera/Video Recorder, MP3 Player, Bluetooth®. GPS. Only $149.99. Reserve yours NOW at: http://reserve.straighttalkandroid.com/
Got this from the Straight Talk Facebook page. Should have plenty of options for apps if/when it becomes available in your area.
Sorry. I went there to find out more and entered Douglas' zip code...31533 Not avaliable in my area..
Chops

Rimersburg, PA

#43 Sep 9, 2011
I actually have straight talk and was wondering what kind of phone that i needed to get for my husband the internet shows all kinds of phones but im not sure which ones work here....
Adele2735

Adel, GA

#44 Sep 9, 2011
I haven't had time to read thru all of the comments, so forgive me if someone has already asked this question. Do your current phones that u already have, whether it is a verizon, at&t, etc, work with a straight talk plan, or do u have to buy a new phone from Wal-mart?
Talkin

Perry, GA

#47 Sep 11, 2011
THe ones marked with a G are ATT and the ones with a C are Verizon. G is GSM and C is CDMA.
Loving STRAITTALK

Carrollton, GA

#48 Sep 12, 2011
I have been using Straight Talk for about 6 months now. My husband and daughter had the plans first and loved them. We have the $30 plan on one phone and $45 on another. We never run out of minutes and no huge fees at the end of the month. You can check your email, facebook, text or just talk all you want for $45 unlimited.

I have not had any problem with coverage and we have traveled all over GA, FL and SC. Verizon is the carrier so I get great reception for a price that fits my budget.

They have several styles of phones including smartphones. Not the latest and greatest models, but you pay for them no matter the sales pitch of free upgrades- you pay for a longer service contract with other carriers. No service contract no late fees, no hidden charges. I am Loving it!
joant

Saratoga Springs, NY

#49 Mar 15, 2012
I have never been so aggravated about a service. Straighttalk in my opion sucks. Hours and hours of numbers and codes unsuccessful of trying to activate 2 phones.Then no refund.I paid for something that I never used.Service was a disgrace
RedNeK

Douglas, GA

#50 Mar 16, 2012
I love straight talk. I've never had any issues with the phone or service except for when i accidentally got the AT&T phone instead of Verizon. I took it back and got another and havent ever had a problem since.
Chico Annie

Yuba City, CA

#51 Nov 3, 2012
I paid $300 extra for an unlocked Smartphone, figuring tha the difference in monthly rates would make up the difference in no time. One little problem - dismal reception to no reception, calls drop constantly, it's awful. Turns out that Smart Phone on an iPhone only uses AT&T towers, which work terrifly here. My choices seem to be: switch to Verizon at $100 or more a month, or downgrad to an unsmart Android just as I've fallen in love with my iPhone. I'm so discouraged.
Voice of Reason

Douglas, GA

#52 Nov 3, 2012
I've used Straight Talk for about two years. I have no complaints about the service. I get service anywhere I did before switching over. My husband and I use the $30 plan, and we get the $45 unlimited plan for our two children. Neither my husband nor I have ever run out of talk, text, or data minutes before the month is out. However, we have a house phone, too, so we may not use our cell phones as much as some people. We all got refurbished phones from the Internet and have had no problems with them. We were just careful to get the right phones for our area. Just follow "Contract Free's" advice.

I wish Verizon well, but with two kids in college, I've got to be cheap where I can. And "Smartass" is correct, cell phones are not necessary, but neither is hot water.
do the research

United States

#53 Nov 7, 2012
freed wrote:
Straight talk is owned by Verizon wireless. Fyi
straight talk is owned by tracfone. Verizon is the best carrier in the 31533 area. but they also have at&t and a few others to provide a carrier for the different areas. you can also use any unlocked smart phone. we got an at&t touch screen for my daughter, she hates it. doesn't pickup very well and its not a smart phone. however we have 2 Samsung proclaim smart phones and they work great. has 3G service. no problems yet. we plan on upgrading to better phones next year. but we are definitely staying with straight talk. saves us $90 per month compared to our old carrier.
do the research

United States

#54 Nov 7, 2012
also, straight talk has home phone service now. you purchase a wireless box from them for $100, and hook it to your house phone. buy a 30 day unlimited service card for $15. there's a $30 card of you make international calls. but that's it. we plan on getting one soon. its unbelievably cheaper than windstream.
straightway user

United States

#56 Nov 13, 2012
when going to buy a straight talk phone make sure that walmart has Verizon coverage or sprint coverage because each walmart has different coverages for the phones but you can buy your service plan card wherever
JustAnotherOpini on

Nashville, GA

#57 Nov 13, 2012
I use Straight Talk after having to deal with Alltel for years and their crappy customer service. I like it, but I wanted an Android phone and at the time there weren't any in the Douglas stores. We went out of town to buy them and have some dead spots around here because of it. But if you are looking to purchase, I would suggest getting it from your local store instead of going out of town, for smartphones, look in the lower left hand corner of the box on front and look for the letters cdma-v. This indicates that it works on Verizon towers and will have better reception in your town. My mistake is that I didn't know this detail and bought one that works on different towers but after purchasing a different phone I will NEVER go back to paying a carrier like Alltel or Verizon and having to deal with their rude attitudes ever again!
going

Montezuma, GA

#58 Nov 14, 2012
down hill
sanchez

United States

#59 Apr 20, 2013
Es bueno solo para llamadas porque para ver videos se cortan cada 3 segundos trabajan bien con wifi un5 de calificasion

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fake a** people in Douglas. Tue Tolerman 17
Can anyone please tell me who has rental proper... Tue GoDawgs 2
Midnight Riders Concert Sep 18 Dumb a 3
Ki Murray Sep 18 Wow 8
Tiffany Waldron (Jan '17) Sep 17 nobody important 5
REM electric Sep 16 yep thats right 2
News Racist Voter Suppression Revealed in a Small-To... Sep 16 oldsarge 1

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance