First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1 May 11, 2012
What do you consider to be Elder Abuse and Explotation?

If you knew an Elderly person was being abused or exploited would you report it?

What is it called when a caretakers or family members spouse and the spouses family is benefitting from finacially from expoiting an elderly person?

How would you feel if it were your elderly momma, nana, father, pawpaw or other elderly adult who was being abused and or expoited for years and their neighbors knew what was going on and no one reported it or did anything about it?
prayers

Rochelle, GA

#2 May 11, 2012
sounds like you know something you should report , but you have not reported yet ,what are you waiting on ,?????????
granny

Douglas, GA

#3 May 11, 2012
there is lots of different forms of elder and disabled abuse.the case in my family was one being disable.was nelected,in more ways than one.but the spouse loved the money.
PinkFlamingo

Douglas, GA

#4 May 11, 2012
I would seriously hurt somebody that abused my mama and daddy. I would not be able to control myself. That is why I take care of them myself instead of a nursing home or hired help.

Location hidden

#5 May 15, 2012
It has been reported to the appropriate sources.. Apparently the abuser can talk a good talk when the investigator calls and does not visit to witness the situation first hand.

Apparently the people who are making the reports are afraid of the abuser, reprecussions from the abuser or people are afriad the abuser will make it worse on their victim..

Many of the witnesses are afraid to follow through..

Location hidden

#6 May 15, 2012
prayers wrote:
sounds like you know something you should report , but you have not reported yet ,what are you waiting on ,?????????
It has been reported by the in-laws of the abuser and others close to the situation...

What are the laws regarding medical personel being notified of the situation??????

Location hidden

#7 May 15, 2012
PinkFlamingo it is a family member that is being accused of the abuse, NOT a facility or other paid care giver....
PinkFlamingo

Douglas, GA

#8 May 15, 2012
Sunshine-N-Roses wrote:
PinkFlamingo it is a family member that is being accused of the abuse, NOT a facility or other paid care giver....
OMG...that is the lowest you can go.
SusieQ

United States

#9 May 15, 2012
Sunshine-N-Roses wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been reported by the in-laws of the abuser and others close to the situation...
What are the laws regarding medical personel being notified of the situation??????
if you have home health care coing into the home,they must report it.that is the law.

If nothing has been done after it is reported,I would go to the sheriff/chief of police.
there is only one way to handle this,please make sure you tell until something is done.
jetback

Phenix City, AL

#10 May 16, 2012
Elder abusers are the bottom feeders of our society.
wtf

Hahira, GA

#11 May 16, 2012
You can report it to the Department of Aging with DFCS but you can also report it to local law enforcement for investigation.Do not just file a report,demand that the case be assigned to a detective and call several times a day until it is
well ok

Nashville, GA

#12 May 16, 2012
you can even go as far as calling 911 and have him or her transported to a local hospital... its a good start good luck
rich in sin

United States

#13 May 18, 2012
Is a serious & shameful crime. And most always a family member or close relative.

Location hidden

#14 Jul 27, 2012
Just a head's up, supposedly during the elder's 2nd hospitalization within 36 hours of the first admission hospital Social Services stepped in.. Supposedly she now has a sitter..
hospital

Elko, GA

#15 Jul 28, 2012
I am going through the same thing right now. We just had to call the dept of aging services & if you just look on google they will provide you with a number to call, call and they will do further investigating on the scene.
wanting to know

Adel, GA

#16 Jul 28, 2012
chris dixon from crackhead grandkids

Western Hemisphere

#17 Jul 28, 2012
Go ahead and report the abuse but nothing will happen to help the elder. Sad.
misty morning

Toccoa, GA

#18 Jul 28, 2012
I beg your pardon. I worked very long time with geriatrics, and when & if we suspected any form of elder abuse- if failed to report it, we risked losing our jobs and going to jail ourselves....and ww witnessed all forms, neglect- abuse - financial. Story after story. One being a son who brought his own elderly mother a copy of HER own will asking she initial here & there and sign her name. I immediately called social services and soon had lit a fire under a son's greedy azz... Needless to say, if the right calls are made & attorneys contacted, it will be addressed....sooner or later. And God be their judge.
misty morning

Toccoa, GA

#19 Jul 28, 2012
There aint enough property in this world, no amt of money worth tempting me to steal from my hard working parents. Much less, manipulate or belittle them, yet claim only love & respect for them. Evil ones do this and twist & spin false explanations. Pray for these souless, loveless beings.
Sad

Jacksonville Beach, FL

#20 Jul 28, 2012
Adult children deprive their parents of seeing their grandchildren as a way of control over them. It is so sad because the grandchildren are hurt and are taught to do the same. When they grow up, they will treat their parents the same way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
edith sheffield ( district attorney) (Mar '13) 31 min askme 212
Dog owners in BAYMEDOWS 2 hr Gun Runner 36
Courtney Michelle Claxton 3 hr Bihhh 7
Jack and Rhonda Smith 4 hr Lmao 117
Mobile Home/Trailer for sale. 3bd/2bth $5000 or... (Feb '13) 4 hr Elbert Mauldin 22
Wal-Mart Distribution 17 hr Works at DC 7
Cynergy Cargo all illegal staff paying under th... (May '15) 19 hr Yankee Doodle 19

Douglas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Douglas Mortgages