First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Feb 12

Enfield, IL

#1 Jun 22, 2012
Top Stories

looking for biolgical parents

Looking for biolgical parents i was born may of 1970 adopted in june of 1970. recently found out i was born in savannah ga and that dad was from Douglas Ga last name phillips . thats all i have to go on. interested in finding out medical history and meeting them.
good luck

Nicholls, GA

#2 Jun 22, 2012
Hope you find your parents, you're in the right place all of us nosey people are on here. Wish you all the best!!!
Fisherman

Ashburn, GA

#3 Jun 23, 2012
tbreeze wrote:
Top Stories
looking for biolgical parents
Looking for biolgical parents i was born may of 1970 adopted in june of 1970. recently found out i was born in savannah ga and that dad was from Douglas Ga last name phillips . thats all i have to go on. interested in finding out medical history and meeting them.
Try look at Phillips tire here in douglas,Old man phillips should have children around your age
uhh

Enfield, IL

#4 Jun 23, 2012
Good Luck!
citizen

Douglas, GA

#5 Jun 25, 2012
Do you know your birth mother's name?
Just saying

Douglas, GA

#6 Jun 26, 2012
there are some Phillips around Pridgen too. DO you have any idea on a first name?
Douglas Native

Ocilla, GA

#7 Jun 26, 2012
Phillips Tire owners are from Florida originally.
old timer

Douglas, GA

#8 Jun 26, 2012
there is phillips in the phone book.
Red

Barnwell, SC

#9 Jun 26, 2012
My grandfather last name is Phillips.

Since: Oct 11

Kathleen, GA

#10 Jun 29, 2012
Have you tried to get the birth records out of Savannah? That should narrow your search.
But goo luck finding your parents :)
Alma Native

Alma, GA

#11 Jun 29, 2012
At one time they had a site that you could go to online for parents or children that were looking for each other but I am not sure if it is still up. Good luck ! I really hope you find them !
asone

Moultrie, GA

#12 Jun 30, 2012
As a mother who gave a child up, I can say I do not want to be found. I am sure the father feels the same way. We did not give her away for her to come and find us. We gave her away for a better life. Because we could not care for her. I have a family and so does he. We have told our children not to look for her and they have no problem with not known her. To them it is like she is dead. And yes me and her dad are still friends. Please do not come into families that may not want to be found.
4Real

Douglas, GA

#13 Jun 30, 2012
asone wrote:
As a mother who gave a child up, I can say I do not want to be found. I am sure the father feels the same way. We did not give her away for her to come and find us. We gave her away for a better life. Because we could not care for her. I have a family and so does he. We have told our children not to look for her and they have no problem with not known her. To them it is like she is dead. And yes me and her dad are still friends. Please do not come into families that may not want to be found.
Anytime a child is put up for adoption there is a chance of that child searching. Surely, you had to realize this when you made your decision. Not knocking you for making the decision, but the fact is if an adopted child feels the need to at the very least fine his/her biological family, then I think the biological family would have had time to come to grips with the NEED of the child as the most important. Uncomfortble? Maybe. But that is how life is sometimes. Face up to your long ago decision and let the chips fall where they may, because if an adopted child is searching for for bio parents, it most definitely means that child is NOT dead. Reality check!
been there

Douglas, GA

#14 Jun 30, 2012
every one has a right to know who their biological parents are.they need to know for more than 1 reason.
i gave up a baby girl when i was very young.she came back into my life when she was in high school.i could not be happier. i love those hugs and i love you's today.if you chose not to have them in your life i am quite sure they would still want to know who you are.
dont be heartless.
Freudian Slip

Ford City, PA

#15 Jun 30, 2012
There are many problems an adopted child faces from a factual point of view. The child has questions to settle the psychological aspect of being given away like a puppy! Second, there are many medical questions they need to know about their parents for their own safety.

As One...taking that perspective is a selfish one. If you and the child's father make that decision for a new born child, then you are silly to think that child will know your wishes and understand them. Your own children have the possibility of changing their minds and wanting to know their sister. That too you can not control and should, as this will have a psychological impact on your children and the adopted child. You cam express your wishes and explain them the best your can, but humans are a curious lot by nature, so don't get your feelings hurt when your children start looking or your first daughter. I understand and appreciate you placing your child with a family that could take care of her as your circumstances where not conducive for raising a child. There are many families in need of children for their loving homes, while many people that should not have children period! You should not close your mind off to the possibilities of being found, nor should you be hurt by it. This is a fact of your life that should be delt with for closure for all.

tbreeze...good luck finding your family, but do not delude yourself in thinking your parents want to be found, as given the above case. I see your need for questions to be answers, so go prepared with those questions wrote down to help provide some order to the emotions situation as it may be the only time your can get those questions answered. With blessings from God, you will have a better response from them, but be prepared for the worst possible reaction and know it isn't you with the issue or problems.
Searching

Douglas, GA

#16 Jun 30, 2012
Listen. Ask and send for your original birth certificate. That will have your mother's name on it. Contact that person quietly and ask for your medical information and the name of your bio father. Then contact him that way.

Do not do it in such a public way. I contacted my birth parents quietly and they gave me the medical information I needed. However, neither one of them wanted any more contact because I was given away to a great family 40+ years ago. That was fine for me.

Don't do it anymore on this website.
well be

Douglas, GA

#17 Jun 30, 2012
Yea its under www. if you are too sorry to raise your own child. then keep your legs crossed. com
Searching

Douglas, GA

#18 Jun 30, 2012
Adoption is a great choice when you have a baby that you didn't plan. I'm glad I wasn't aborted and was given to a loving family. My mom and dad were great and I love them for choosing to raise me. My bio parents gave me the DNA. My mom and dad gave me a family and love. My bio parents weren't too sorry to raise their own kid...they were teenagers who didn't have birthcontrol available and hormones got in the way. That was the early 1960's.

Selfishness is keeping a baby that you can't afford or don't want to take care of, or, as I've heard some teenagers say, having a baby for the CHECK.
SusieQ

Douglas, GA

#19 Jun 30, 2012
asone wrote:
so very sad especially to act "like she is dead", hope you find peace. Not a judgement just a statement on the "feel" of the post
asone

Moultrie, GA

#20 Jun 30, 2012
We are at peace!! I said to them it is like she is dead. They do not miss what they have never had! When we gave her a new life in the early 1980's we knew about children wanting medical information. We gave them all of this. We gave her to a wonderful family and that is her life now. If she was to find us we would not turn her away, but we would not keep in touch with her. We are not her family, her family is a mother and father that could not have children of their own and we were more than glad to fill the hole in their lives with her. And are so glad that they choose I child to be their own. And to the one who said I should have kept my legs crossed...well most teenagers don't and I do not regret giving her life or giving her up, I could never had aborted her because no matter what you think we did love her. People need to understand it is better to give a child away than try to raise her in what would have been a unhappy home! Please remember all of the wonderful families that would not have children if someone else would have kept their legs crossed. I am sure you are the same people who are against abortion, but then fuss if someone gives a child away! We didn't just dump her, we took the time to pick her family and meet them. They said they would give her all our information and letters we wrote when she turned 18. But they would not give her our names. Some parents do not want to be contacted so give us the respect of that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whats up with Douglas being so fat? 16 min Truth 28
New Sheriff (Mar '13) 2 hr coffee time 225
Auction 4 hr some one 4
Britts steak & seafood 5 hr ol friend 76
AT&T/Alltel Phone Upgrades? (Oct '13) 6 hr BLINDCANC 39
robin jones/ carter 6 hr coffee time 13
adams topix 6 hr coffee time 13
Douglas Dating
Find my Match

Douglas People Search